How to be a real man, according to DFI.

pmaitra

Infact even if our literature,all brave warriors are portrayed as having large mush....and the name "Veerapandiya Kattabomman" is the most famous for it.

Even culture wise...people think it is an essential symbol of masculinity..(actually some castes don't keep mush predominantly & in some castes you will derided for not keeping a mush).

The situation is slowly changing in urban centers especially among the youth..But as now, it still remains an essential part of masculinity in this part of the country..and civfanatic's post only adds to it.
Traditionally, that has been the case in all regions. Keeping moustache and beard has been seen as a sign of masculinity. Also hair in the chest is liked by many women. However, latest fad is to look like a 'metrosexual,' no facial hair, no bodily hair and even full shaven bald head (which I am not a great fan of). Old fashioned men, even in WB, have moustache. The new generation, however, does not. Also in the north, the only Punjabis who have moustache are Sikhs. Look at so many Punjabi actors; almost none have any moustache or beard.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Traditionally, that has been the case in all regions. Keeping moustache and beard has been seen as a sign of masculinity. Also hair in the chest is liked by many women. However, latest fad is to look like a 'metrosexual,' no facial hair, no bodily hair and even full shaven bald head (which I am not a great fan of). Old fashioned men, even in WB, have moustache. The new generation, however, does not. Also in the north, the only Punjabis who have moustache are Sikhs. Look at so many Punjabi actors; almost none have any moustache or beard.
I forgot that in the first post , Yeah that is also 'liked'.

Maybe it's western influence. Anyway as said it is their personal choice.. But poor souls don't know what they are missing :sad:

This metrosexual 'fad' is, well, gay. If a man wants to get rid of all his facial hair and body hair he should just remove his reproductive glands along with them. Just my opinion.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
In every real man a child is hidden that wants to play.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Man without a mustache is like a cup of chai without sugar.

This is a topic I feel strongly about. I have maintained a mustache since I was 12 or 13 and I don't plan on getting rid of it anytime soon. It is an integral part of my identity.
Dude count me in.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There was a time I could have been mistaken for Burt Reynolds. I had a moustache and so did he. But he was the number one star in the world, so there wasn't really much confusion.

and

Why is the King of Hearts the only one that hasn't a moustache?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I maintain a stubble now. For a short period of time about 4 years ago I had grown a long beard.

pmaitra

I got the Chevron:

But it should be the symbol below turned upside down:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
I always assumed that military personnel had chevrons on their uniforms to demonstrate their masculinity. The more penises you have, the more awesome you are. Something like that.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I always assumed that military personnel had chevrons on their uniforms to demonstrate their masculinity. The more penises you have, the more awesome you are. Something like that.
How puerile (both your posts). If you have no concept of accomplishment and its recognition, your only purpose on a defense forum is to be a gadfly.

Just to be painfully obvious, enlisted military personnel earn stripes through time in grade, demonstrating skills at military tasks, and leadership.

I guess I'm too cranky this morning.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
All men should have stylized facial hair of some sort. If you don't then you are not a man in my eyes.
I haven't shaved for 2 weeks...my facial hair now is quite similar to my avatar 8)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles