How safe are Indian Army convoys in India?

pmaitra

I saw this video. I do not know whether the video is bonafide or not. Perhaps someone could shed more light?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They could have got shot..

But this is Indian Army, It happened before in WB..

Btw, If indeed trasport ammo to SL, It would not be in trucks but AN-32..

lemontree

Professional
I saw this video. I do not know whether the video is bonafide or not. Perhaps someone could shed more light?
This kind of stuff only happens in Tamil Nadu....we dont have this problem anywhere in India.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Ok..this incident happened one evening in 2008 IIRC in coimbatore on the Coimbatore-Palghat highway and when the Eelam war was going on in full fury. I was returning from college which was on the route and we were held for about one hour or so...

What happened was these "activists" interdicted these trucks...requested the army men to get down - they were not touched - and vented their fury on couple of trucks...this was their method of showing protest...The army men were given chai from the neighboring shops and they quietly watched it till police came...

After police came some tried to show macho-ness...but were restrained by their own commanders and Army did not even press charges against the activists...

They could have got shot..
They would no have got shot especially when the personnel were not harmed and were sipping chai in the nearby tea stall during the entire proceedings.

This kind of stuff only happens in Tamil Nadu....we dont have this problem anywhere in India.
LOL

Last edited:

hitesh

here u go

LTTE+supporters+attack+Indian+army+convoy+in+Coimbatore

LTTE supporters attack Indian army convoy in Coimbatore : Latest Headlines News - India Today

An Indian Army convoy was attacked by Tamil Tiger supporters in Tamil Nadu's Coimbatore city on Saturday, a defence spokesman said.

Supporters of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) stopped five army trucks carrying ammunition and personnel who were returning from training in Secunderabad in Andhra Pradesh. They were on their way to Thiruvananthapuram.

Nobody was injured even as the angry protesters pelted stones causing minor damages to a couple of trucks.

"They (army personnel) were supposed to halt at the unit in Coimbatore for the day. The attack took place just before they reached Coimbatore. There has been no damage (to arms and ammunition) at all," said the spokesman.

He said the army personnel did not retaliate. "They immediately informed police."

Sri Lanka's war against the LTTE has caused a stir in Tamil Nadu where the terror group has many supporters for its cause to carve an independent state for minority Tamils in the island nation. The months of combat operations have pushed the Tamil Tigers to a corner, whose top rung leaders are now squeezed into a narrow coastal strip.

Read more at: LTTE supporters attack Indian army convoy in Coimbatore : Latest Headlines News - India Today

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
So far there is no hassle.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
After today comes tomorrow......

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
They would no have got shot especially when the personnel were not harmed and were sipping chai in the nearby tea stall during the entire proceedings.
The reason i said so, Coz those truck host red flag..

Better stay way from Army vehicle host red flag..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles