How its security forces are alienating India's population

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Rage, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

November 2010

It's one of the world's longest-running conflicts, defined by daily street battles and accusations of military abuse. Once again levels of violence have risen with daily battles raging - terror on Srinagar's tired streets?

"What do you think we're fighting for?! Freedom!", cries one of the masked young men preparing to take on the armed police in Srinigar. Once famed for its beauty, the Kashmir valley is now a joyless place of angry streets and automatic rifles. Frustrated over the remaining presence of Indian security forces, seemingly immune to the law. Angry young men and women taking to the streets to fight against "Indian occupation". The police have responded with force, and more than 100 people have died. We hear from the heartbroken family of an eight year old boy, who was beaten to death by the police for breaking the curfew: "a stick was thrust into his mouth, and his teeth were broken". The police deny all allegations, and insist that they "use plastic and rubber bullets". It's not what the video shows! Yet the alleged brutality has radicalised a wide cross-section of the community. The Indian Government says it has appointed three peace envoys in an attempt to calm things. Yet Kashmiris say peace is not what India wants: "the answer unfortunately to every rising in Kashmir is bullets".

Produced by Native Voice Films
    Distributed by Journeyman Pictures

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Rage the thing in kashmir is pure jihadi shit which according to me must be crushed with an iron hand.My question I want to see how kashmir will survive if India enforces a blockade on Kashmir valley.I want to see how they will survive after this

4. Rage

This is unacceptable though. Putting a rod through a child's mouth and dragging him with it. It's like the security forces have no humanity.

The problem with us is that we don't know how to manage public protest: either you be professional, very professional or you go about imposing a climate of brutality and fear throughout. There is no in between. What happens otherwise is a vicious cycle, people coming out and then experiencing a brutality, which is not warranted by their actions.

I think somebody needs to step in personally thru this. What's happening right now, is that we're alienating a whole section of the populace that have found jobs throughout India and have otherwise been well integrated. We can't afford that. Not now, not in a million years.

5. smartindian

smartindian Regular Member

when India's Sovernity is questioned then what should police do ? is it brutality when police defend against stone peltors , police didnt kill innocent civilians, they were who came against government imposed Curfew , to maintain law and order police where forced fire on mobs

6. Rage

It's brutality when the police assault, kill and dispose off the body of an unarmed eight-year old Indian.

Very clearly you are not informed.

The problem is not force: it is the application of force, and the vacillating degree with which it is being currently applied.

I see mobs of stone-pelters receiving hardly any 'treatment', bands of piss-poor armed policemen forming irregularly-formed battle lines and firing stones back at them.

On the other hand, unarmed, unsuspecting, non-protesting civilians are being targeted, alienating thereby their families and making even more enemies of what we essentially consider subjects of our state.

7. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

Kashmir will sure survive from blockade.Remember shortest all weather route to kashmir valley is from pakistan not from india.

8. smartindian

why can it be same anti- national element who dont want peace to return have killed this boy, and your argument saying police have killed this boy is completely non-sense, who are you to prove indian police guilty, there are separate institutions to take this issue,

9. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

so you mean to say Pakistanis will send aid to kashmir? They themself are begging for aid from entire world and will send Aid to kashmir. what a Joke .

10. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

It is naive to think some individuals in police haven't used excessive use. But it is the plan of seperatists to put innocent young children ahead because they already know what the outcome will be.

I agree with rage in that either we should line up the seperatists and have them shot or we become more professional. We are in middle ground right now which leaves police and innocent civilians vulnerable while seperatists have field day with media milking it on the side.

11. smartindian

is there any proof to prove that indian army have killed the 8 year old , documentary clearly mentions they where told, then told by whom by same stone peltors
    why can it be same anti- national element who dont want peace to return have killed this boy, and your argument saying police have killed this boy is completely non-sense, who are you to prove indian police guilty, there are separate institutions to take this issue,

12. S.A.T.A

S.A.T.A Senior Member Senior Member

In this war of allegations and counter allegations truth has suffered the biggest casualty and lies have found succor.That Indian security forces have acted to alienate section of indian population in Kashmir is the biggest lie.Those that are alienated have always been so and have required no assistance from the security forces to be so.If anybody from outside the valley is to be partly blamed for this so called alienation,like i have noted before,its the various central govts due to their complete lack of imagination and their persistence with hackneyed approach to tackling the political quandary in Kashmir

13. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

They can protest and stone our security forces, but if our forces retaliate then they become unprofessional!!

BTW if some 8 yr is shot while throwing stone and conducting arsonist operations against public property, then I would say Job Well Done, I would ask what was this 8 yr old doing on the streets throwing stones and burning down buildings?

I would rather see an 8 yr old shot and disposed, instead of our Jawans getting publicly lynched by 8yr olds, and giving other older Jihadi elements ideas to go on a lynching spree, these shooting were a calculative move, giving a clear indication to vermins across the border not to try something adventurous, and if they think they can send over these kids with AK-47s for round-2, they and these stone pelter can very well imagine what will be the consequences!!

P.S: There is no proof that any 8 yr old was killed!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  14. ajtr

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

An eight-year-old Kashmiri went out to play. He came back home dead​

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  15. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

16. ajtr

Sure dead do not speak....but when the hundreds of bodies pile up in short time then they sure shout about the atrocities being committed against them.

17. F-14

F-14 Global Defence Moderator Senior Member

artj why is it when indian forces are blckened that Pakistan is all happy why not look at what the FC ( baluchistan ) is doing in baluchistan ???

18. Yusuf

Bang on. Atrocities committed by paid goons of Pakistan to pass it off as atrocities by Indian forces.

19. ajtr

sure i'll plz check balochistan threads....u'll not be disappointed by me.

20. ajtr

whom do you believe.....
    1. kashmir media.
    2.pakistani media.
    3. indian media.
    4.Internatiuonal media.
    give me your pic u'll get the same thing written over all over about the eight year old being killed by CRPF......already i ve posted from indian and british media the same story.

21. Yusuf

When the Indian Media itself went rogue on this matter and sided with the stone pelters, what can you expect from the others?