How India & China see each other

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
It's also important to note that while the Chinese do not think highly of indians, we have never thought highly of them either. Lighter, they may be but oriental looking people are outside the hierarchical structure within indian society. We don't judge them by skin colour but rather by their features which look alien to us. Indians also don't look up to Hispanics or Vietnamese or North Africans though they are also lighter on average. It's only the people who conquered us or some part of undivided South Asia that some people may look up to.

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
It's also important to note that while the Chinese do not think highly of indians, we have never thought highly of them either. Lighter, they may be but oriental looking people are outside the hierarchical structure within indian society. We don't judge them by skin colour but rather by their features which look alien to us. Indians also don't look up to Hispanics or Vietnamese or North Africans though they are also lighter on average. It's only the people who conquered us or some part of undivided South Asia that some people may look up to.
You are so wrong when you said Chinese are the most racist.
Come to Delhi and find out what racism is?
Let me tell you an eg. I took my nephew to the zoo few months back.
There were few foreigners taking photograph of baboons.
Someone in local language said look at them they look like baboons and whole crowd started laughing at them.
Goras were pissed because they knew everybody was laughing at them and they thought it was over when someone commented that there a$$ will be red like that of baboon and public started to laugh more loudly.
Someone shouted in English that those baboon were there long lost brothers in English and again crowd started laughing.
Goras have had enough and they left the zoo.
Believe me its nothjing . I've seen worse happening in Delhi.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Well we Indians can clearly see the Chinese but don`t know how the Chinese can see us Indians.

(I am not racist just poking fun here)

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
You are so wrong when you said Chinese are the most racist.
Come to Delhi and find out what racism is?
Let me tell you an eg. I took my nephew to the zoo few months back.
There were few foreigners taking photograph of baboons.
Someone in local language said look at them they look like baboons and whole crowd started laughing at them.
Goras were pissed because they knew everybody was laughing at them and they thought it was over when someone commented that there a$$ will be red like that of baboon and public started to laugh more loudly.
Someone shouted in English that those baboon were there long lost brothers in English and again crowd started laughing.
Goras have had enough and they left the zoo.
Believe me its nothjing . I've seen worse happening in Delhi.
That's an interesting account. See that would never happen in East Asia because there they genuinely look up to white people and no other. For indians it's more complex than that. I would say the only people indians truly look up to are the Persians. This is because although they never ruled over us, their culture dominated us for several centuries. Persian was the official language in indian courts for a long time. Look at the sheer number of Persian loan words in hindi. Although iran's diminishing stature in the world and rising stature of india is eroding this.
Look at indian genetics. Most North Indians have about 30% west Asian DNA coming mostly from Persians while Iranians on average have 30% south Asian genes, which is the largest outside of the indian subcontinent. We have a complex relationship with the Persians.

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
That's an interesting account. See that would never happen in East Asia because the they genuinely look up to white people and no other. For indians it's more complex than that. I would say the only people indians truly look up to are the Persians. This is because although they never ruled over us, their culture dominated us for several centuries. Persian was the official language in indian courts for a long time. Look at the sheer number of Persian loan words in hindi. Although iran's diminishing stature in the world and rising stature of india is eroding this.
Look at indian genetics. Most North Indians have about 30% west Asian DNA coming mostly from Persians while Iranians on average have 30% south Asian genes, which is the largest outside of the indian subcontinent. We have a complex relationship with the Persians.
From where are you getting your data?

Except some eastern Iranians of Seistan, I have never seen Iranians having higher than 10 percent ASI ( in western Iran it is 0) . Also your assertion that Indians have high west Asian DNA is wrong. Indians are primarily of two components ASI and ANI . ANI is not a homogenous one but shows different components. The highest of these is western Eurasian caucasian from Steppes contributed by aryan invaders( migrants if you prefer) and many brahmins show north european as high as 20 percent ( I mean swedish as north european). There was no migration from Persia in last 5 thousand years. Indians are closer to aryan invaders( even dalits) than Persians are who are Semitic elamite racially.

As far as Indians looking up to Persians is concerned, this is because of Persians being attractive and nothing else. People in India are hardly aware of history so I do not think they give so much importance to history of Persian cultural dominance.

Those who are Persophiles should know that in last 2500 years, Iran has not been able to have a unique writing system of its own. So much for greatness of Iran.

Last edited:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@Pratap, the root cause of everything is money and economic power, as you rightly said. The disdain for dark skin arises out of that basic cause. For the last several centuries, white nations have dominated the world. USA, UK, France, Germany, Canada, Australia - these nations have written modern history. All the power, riches and the ability to write history, lies with these nations. Foreign rule does have a role to play because these white nations subjugated brown and black nations for centuries.

All this has resulted in a perception that black and brown are inferior, and white is superior. This perception has been ingrained so deeply in the whole world, that everyone is affected by it. This applies as much to white racist snobs, as shithead Indians, mainly from the North, who have been propagating the superiority of light colour for decades now.

When brown nations like India make it big in the world - when we see great economic growth and are able to drive the world forward and write the world's destiny, like the US, Russia and Europe have been doing - that is when we will begin to see a reversal of this trend.
I agree and my main point was that Chinese look down upon us not just because of our beauty( or ugliness) but rather because of a history of subjugation and inferior performance in Eurasia. Our agro productivity was half even in historical ages as compared to China.
Identity was culpable for all this as we had no national identity. The Indo Aryans are second largest linguistic group( if you are second largest then it shows your common origins as well as shared history and cultural cohesion) in entire world but I think I am the only person to note this till now.
We were dominated because of this lack of identity and it is high time that we throw JNU nonsense of pluralism and diversity and form a cohesive identity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
It's only self- hating Indians who think so. A lot of people appreciate Indian beauty. On average, Indians are darker for sure, but not unattractive. And poverty has a lot to do with being unattractive as well. The bottom line is that people will always look down upon those who are poorer. India is still extremely poor in terms of per capita income. The foreign rule has nothing to do with it, I believe. It's also the dark skin that hurts us. Sad that so many people have bought into the notion of white superiority. The most tragic of all is that Indians themselves have bought into it, giving others the license (so to speak) to treat darker Indians like sh!t. You know there's something wrong with the world when dark skin alone is grounds for discrimination. Indeed, there is something wrong with the world.

I never said about dark people being inferior ( it was I who was arguing against you when you were bashing south Indians) , I only said about unattractiveness and that is simply true.

PredictablyMalicious

Punjabi
Banned
I never said about dark people being inferior ( it was I who was arguing against you when you were bashing south Indians) , I only said about unattractiveness and that is simply true.
Speak for yourself buddy. Neither I nor any of my family members are unattractive. Just because you may be doesn't give you the license to generalize all indians as such. Indian women are actually known for their beauty in the western world. If you want to see unattractive, look toward India's neighbours to the south and east.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Which of these tits is speaking here?
Dear Indian Members of the Forum,

Re; Please emulate Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, The Mahatma Gandhi and please, not , w.g. ewald's family.

(1) The reason i participate in this forum is mainly that as an NRI ( non-resident Indian ) lady I wanted to know more about India, the land of Gandhi, the land of my ancestors. I had hoped to have a meaningful dialog with my distant "relatives" the men and women of the various regions of India via DFI even from a distance, being in Europe.

(2) Having done a first Degree in an engineering-science subject from a top European University which entailed mastering a level of mathematics even most numerate persons would shy away from and then a joint MBA with one of the top 25 universities jointly in Australasia, I am currently pursuing part time a PhD in religion at a leisurely pace and it doesn't matter whether I finally get the award, because the knowledge and experience along the way is self-satisfying .
(3) As for my work experience, I spent many years as a financial trader and a few years in a management consultancy giving strategic and financial advice to the Defence Industries of a few nations.

(4) The reason I have said this is because there is one foreigner non-Indian "guest" on our forum who is constantly displaying himself to be a total nuisance in his ability to understand that brains and beauty can indeed go together . You can observe from all my posts that i value your opinions seriously and reply equally seriously. I posted above a serious opinion on this thread as follows;-
However that foreign non-Indian member whom we have made the mistake of welcoming onto our forum, has deliberately chosen to reply in the manner quoted above.
(5) If you have been on this forum ling enough, you'll observe for yourself that he has no respect for me an NRI woman as he believes he can post his rude comments and know full well that no serious disciplinary action will be taken against him , for whatever reason(s). There are umpteen occasions in the past when he has deliberately gone out of the way to attack not only myself but other members of this forum personally. Many of those posts have been removed . You can see his name there and post removed. In many cases, there is no trace .
Many valuable members, being so treated to such insults, have left this forum; I haven't seen them posting ever again. I have even told eqwald that i made special efforts to stay away from his posts and threads, deliberately, to avoid problems with him , but here he is attacking me again, for no rhyme or reason other than he knows he will get away with it.

(6) In all this I do not hate the guy, I feel sorry for him because perhaps he is merely following the same example of vulgarity and crudeness shown and thus taught to him by his parents . So ewald can take comfort that it is not his fault, it's more likely his parents fault. Psychologists tells us that to pick on someone else unprovoked betrays a state of psychological deprivation - I guess again we shouldnt blame eqwald, no, this time it's probably his wife's fault . After all it's not eqwald's fault that his wife is probably nothing much to look at so instead he has to "hit on" some good-looking woman .

(7) In closing, far be it for me to dictate to any of you to avoid his posts and threads as I do, although in fact that would help set an example on this forum, and do good for the reputation of DFI in the cyber-world, nevertheless that would be of little use if he is still not disciplined via temporary bans increasing in duration each time he continues to show no respect for the rules.

(8) I had reported his vile and vulgar post more than 36 hours ago but it remains . So, in view of the fact that that his vile, crude and off-topic post are condoned, I would therefore just say to you, that when you reply to his posts ( other than in self defence ) or participate in any of his threads you are in effect feeding the vulgar, cheeky monkey, you become a partner in encouraging the monkey to grow and gain strength. I hope that is not what DFI aspires to.
(9) Finally, there is a law of nature to be considered. It has been firmly endorsed and indeed re-established by Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein and The Mahatma ;- "You imperceptibly become (similar to) the person you (mentally) agree or associate with. "

To those who chose to participate in his threads and rub shoulders with him, to share or "enjoy" his familly's vulgar sense of writing here is some advice; his "qualities" will influence you, and it is confirmed by now that the stuff that rubs off him and onto you is hardly gold, it is more likely scum.

Last edited:

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
Dear Indian Members of the Forum,

Re; Please emulate Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein, The Mahatma Gandhi and please, not , w.g. ewald's family.

(1) The reason i participate in this forum is mainly that as an NRI ( non-resident Indian ) lady I wanted to know more about India, the land of Gandhi, the land of my ancestors. I had hoped to have a meaningful dialog with my distant "relatives" the men and women of the various regions of India via DFI even from a distance, being in Europe.

(2) Having done a first Degree in an engineering-science subject from a top European University which entailed mastering a level of mathematics even most numerate persons would shy away from and then a joint MBA with one of the top 25 universities jointly in Australasia, I am currently pursuing part time a PhD in religion at a leisurely pace and it doesn't matter whether I finally get the award, because the knowledge and experience along the way is self-satisfying .
(3) As for my work experience, I spent many years as a financial trader and a few years in a management consultancy giving strategic and financial advice to the Defence Industries of a few nations.

(4) The reason I have said this is because there is one foreigner non-Indian "guest" on our forum who is constantly displaying himself to be a total nuisance in his ability to understand that brains and beauty can indeed go together . You can observe from all my posts that i value your opinions seriously and reply equally seriously. I posted above a serious opinion on this thread as follows;-
However that foreign non-Indian member whom we have made the mistake of welcoming onto our forum, has deliberately chosen to reply in the manner quoted above.
(5) If you have been on this forum ling enough, you'll observe for yourself that he has no respect for me an NRI woman as he believes he can post his rude comments and know full well that no serious disciplinary action will be taken against him , for whatever reason(s). There are umpteen occasions in the past when he has deliberately gone out of the way to attack not only myself but other members of this forum personally. Many of those posts have been removed . You can see his name there and post removed. In many cases, there is no trace .
Many valuable members, being so treated to such insults, have left this forum; I haven't seen them posting ever again. I have even told eqwald that i made special efforts to stay away from his posts and threads, deliberately, to avoid problems with him , but here he is attacking me again, for no rhyme or reason other than he knows he will get away with it.

(6) In all this I do not hate the guy, I feel sorry for him because perhaps he is merely following the same example of vulgarity and crudeness shown and thus taught to him by his parents . So ewald can take comfort that it is not his fault, it's more likely his parents fault. Psychologists tells us that to pick on someone else unprovoked betrays a state of psychological deprivation - I guess again we shouldnt blame eqwald, no, this time it's probably his wife's fault . After all it's not eqwald's fault that his wife is probably nothing much to look at so instead he has to "hit on" some good-looking woman .

(7) In closing, far be it for me to dictate to any of you to avoid his posts and threads as I do, although in fact that would help set an example on this forum, and do good for the reputation of DFI in the cyber-world, nevertheless that would be of little use if he is still not disciplined via temporary bans increasing in duration each time he continues to show no respect for the rules.

(8) I had reported his vile and vulgar post more than 36 hours ago but it remains . So, in view of the fact that that his vile, crude and off-topic post are condoned, I would therefore just say to you, that when you reply to his posts ( other than in self defence ) or participate in any of his threads you are in effect feeding the vulgar, cheeky monkey, you become a partner in encouraging the monkey to grow and gain strength. I hope that is not what DFI aspires to.
(9) Finally, there is a law of nature to be considered. It has been firmly endorsed and indeed re-established by Thomas Edison, Albert Einstein and The Mahatma ;- "You imperceptibly become (similar to) the person you (mentally) agree or associate with. "

To those who chose to participate in his threads and rub shoulders with him, to share or "enjoy" his familly's vulgar sense of writing here is some advice; his "qualities" will influence you, and it is confirmed by now that the stuff that rubs off him and onto you is hardly gold, it is more likely scum.
Hmm it is nice to hear your story.Well we Indians,including me really get proud when we hear that our people are successful in the west.So salute to you.:salute:

As for wgewald he is usually nice to people on DFI but I think he just lost his cool there.He generally makes good posts though.

IMO Your profile pic is a bit .....odd but then again who am I to judge you.Ignore the haters as they will always be so.Hope you continue your work in Europe and and make us proud.

Compersion

Country flag
i really do not understand why chinese and indian would not like one another. the history shows few cases but the recent ones are ever too significant. i can understand why political ideologies and ambition of supremacy might get in the way.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
Speak for yourself buddy. Neither I nor any of my family members are unattractive. Just because you may be doesn't give you the license to generalize all indians as such. Indian women are actually known for their beauty in the western world. If you want to see unattractive, look toward India's neighbours to the south and east.
You are so unpredictable. Ever heard the hindi term " kupamanduk". The term fits you completely. Beauty is of zero significance ( except in personalized services) so no problem with Indians being unattractive, but to deny this is height of day dreaming. Do not equate Bengal with brahmin and kayasthas who are not even one third of population. Similarly do not equate Goa with Konkan Brahmans. Come out of your own world, visit Indian cities and then tell me about how attractive we are. I am not an elitist and so I include everyone as Indian and majority of Indians are very unattractive ( only after Africans) to use modest terms.

no smoking

Country flag
i really do not understand why chinese and indian would not like one another. the history shows few cases but the recent ones are ever too significant. i can understand why political ideologies and ambition of supremacy might get in the way.
Indian doesn't like Chinese? very simple, 1962. Before that war, most of world leaders belived that India would be a safer bet comparing to China on the road to great power; after that war, India lost its light. For indians, it looks like that China steal all the glories which should be with India.

Chinese doesn't like India? Well, I would say that some characteristics of Indian population are exactly the things denounced by traditonal chinese education: over-opmistics, big mouth, lack of self-criticism, etc.

prohumanity

Country flag
I am amused to observe that how people here generalize and say "Chinese don't like Indians or Indians don't like Chinese etc." This type of blanket statements are totally untrue. I have seen Chinese and Indians liking each other in many cases. These two cultures are fundamentally not very different.
Recent past has lot to do with this engineered prejudiced view of each other. Chinese have been brain washed by Communist propagandists and Indians have been brainwashed by Western-influenced media. The result is distorted view of each other.
Other major factor is lack of people to people contact between India and China. In my opinion, once Chinese and Indians come more in contact with each other ,they will be surprised to find out how similar their cultures are and have been for centuries.
I say this confidently as I have a Chinese friend and we both are really surprised to find that similarities are many folds more between Indian and Chinese Cultures than most people realize.

Last edited:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Hmm it is nice to hear your story.Well we Indians,including me really get proud when we hear that our people are successful in the west.So salute to you.:salute: ......
IMO Your profile pic is a bit .....odd but then again who am I to judge you.Ignore the haters as they will always be so.Hope you continue your work in Europe and and make us proud.
( partial quite of above without prejudicing relevance )

Hi Peter, thanks for the fair-mindedness
Really i have nothing against anyone, but when something goes on and on even after moderators
have told not to make negative personal comments, i guess i had to speak my mind
regarding my avtars - i'll say it again - some are of me, some are friends - anyone who wants to can guess
which is which, and im open to pm messaging if anyone wants to make " fair" comments or questions to me "off the forum " ..There is a big difference when making comments on or off the forum - it's like talking in private or public right ?

One last brief note - these are pics of relatives and women in south europe, spain italy - taken as we are walking about and having our business and family life on a daily basis - these are not "specially" arranged photographs - but pics of normal life. The way of dressing - especially as in the present avtar - is very normal in our part of the world and also south america, eg brazil, mexico. I thought i'd share it here, let you folks have a peek at some aspects of the culture over here :namaste:

Just to clarify, - best regards to all.

Last edited:

Compersion

Country flag
Indian doesn't like Chinese? very simple, 1962. Before that war, most of world leaders belived that India would be a safer bet comparing to China on the road to great power; after that war, India lost its light. For indians, it looks like that China steal all the glories which should be with India.

Chinese doesn't like India? Well, I would say that some characteristics of Indian population are exactly the things denounced by traditonal chinese education: over-opmistics, big mouth, lack of self-criticism, etc.
You are right about 1962 and the reason why India does not like PRC. But that is not the reason why Indians do not like Chinese. Indians are able to differentiate that PRC is not representative of Chinese. The rest (and majority) of what you say is incongruous generalization by someone with a reprobate mind. Fortunately you do not represent the Chinese and also fortunately what you say is not what Indians think.

Also what glory has PRC stolen which ought to be with India. I fail to understand your point. What glorification parameters of PRC are you referring to and please list out the dates when that was achieved and why.

But the more pertinent point is that there are many Chinese and Indians that work together and interact together and have no such inclinations.

I repeat i do not understand why Chinese and Indian would not like one another. Frankly the recent events are ever too significant (1962 and related). But these are related to PRC and frankly PRC and Indian leadership at that time. Also there are Chinese all over the world and not only PRC. If we look at PRC there is political ideologies (Communism and One Party Rule) and ambition of supremacy (UNSC) might get in the way. But these are not in the thoughts of all the Chinese.

Please make it certain that all Chinese think all Indians are over-opmistics, big mouth, lack of self-criticism, etc

Please make it certain that all Chinese hate Indians. I can say with certainty the majority of Chinese frankly does not know why PRC has a sense of animosity towards India and frankly does not relate. Frankly many would be surprised to know the PRC has such a history and animosity and direction towards India.

Also if you think all Indians are over-opmistics, big mouth, lack of self-criticism, etc i have news for you that is not true. It might be of some individual you have encounter but that does not justify such a broad generalization.

Before you defend yourself with PRC viewpoint and bring in Dalai Lama (the origin of 1962 hatred and issue) there are many other countries and regions that have done worse and are doing worse to Chinese and especially PRC.

On a very sensitive note (that I had second-thoughts about saying here) a recent airline aircraft from malayasia has not been discovered for a few weeks with many Chinese on board. If you read into the passenger list you will discover there was a couple that did not share your viewpoint.

The Indians are praying and wishing that everything is fine for the Chinese and everyone on board. Indians have sent airplanes, ships and human resources to help. But no one in PRC is reading such news. The news coming out from PRC is that the Malaysians are terrible. (Do you understand how generalization are developed in PRC and for what purpose).

I know what you say is a viewpoint and I respect that and am able to know why you say it. But please do not think with such thoughts which I know deep down is not what you really think since a pragmatic Chinese would not be able to justify and think along such ways.

I repeat please tell everyone why Chinese hate Indians and would not like one another.

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned
@no smoking
@Compersion is right here. The average Chinese and Indian do not hate each other.
Ofcourse. Chinese have no hatred towards Indians and vice versa. Chinese have contempt for Indians , Indians have insecurity against Chinese. Hatred is too strong word.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pratap

Tihar Jail
Banned

Completely true, we are too arrogant and optimistic and talk a lot. Confucian ethics does not see these traits as fine qualities.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles