How do you make food with curry ?

RedDragon

I'm pretty like the taste of curry and have make some meals with curry in these days. I think my Curry Beef pretty delicious.

But in our city all curry is curry blocks, that means all material is already mixed in the factory, and when you cook, you just put it in the pot. But these curry tastes very similar, and I don't know if it is the same as what you Indias eat. For my own experience, the food will change their taste to cater local people. When I was in the USA, the "Chinese Food"'s taste is quite different with what I eat in China.

I'm wondering how you India cook curry in your daily life? You make your own curry or just buy curry blocks?

Tianshan

I don't know if it is the same as what you Indias eat.
i have eaten both, and their curry is quite different.

i think curry in china came via south east asia, so it is more similar to that type.

For my own experience, the food will change their taste to cater local people. When I was in the USA, the "Chinese Food"'s taste is quite different with what I eat in China.
you are right, chinese restaurants in the west can sometimes be very bad, especially take-away places. because their customers are mostly laowai, who cannot tell the difference anyway.

the best way to find good chinese food in the west, is to look for restaurants which have mostly chinese customers.

Last edited:

SpArK

SORCERER
BEEFCURRY

Ingredients:

Beef -- 1 kg
Onion -- 500gm
Tomato --- 2 Big
Ginger/Garlic -- 3 Teaspoon (Chopped)
Green Chilli --- 5 (Chopped)
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Curryhttp://www.123kerala.com/recipes/non_veg_33.html#[/FONT][/FONT] Leaves --- Handfull(Chopped)
Garam Masala -- 2 teaspoon
Kashmiri chilli powder -- 2 teaspoon
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]Corianderhttp://www.123kerala.com/recipes/non_veg_33.html#[/FONT][/FONT] powder --1 teaspoon
pepper powder -- 2 teaspoon
turmeric powder -- 1/4 teaspoon
Salt for taste

Method of Preparation

First chopp ginger garlic green chilli & curry leafs together and fry it in 4 tablespoon cooking oil, once it is golden brown add chopped onions, when onion becomes nicely cooked add tomatos n keep for sometime in medium heat so as it will be cooked softly, then add all the powders n stir for 2-3minutes. then add 2 cups of water n wait till it boils for 2- 3 minutes (till oil floats), then add beef and more water till it cooked soft, u can use a pressure cooker (no need to add more water only beef) for cooking beef nicely.

A.V.

The curry ready made as available in S.E. Asian countries and labelled as Indian is not the authentic one or flavour . Curry as in the sense is eaten daily in india by all families i suppose and if you travel every 200kms the flavours and methods of preparing it changes.

SPIEZ

Country flag
The curry ready made as available in S.E. Asian countries and labelled as Indian is not the authentic one or flavour . Curry as in the sense is eaten daily in india by all families i suppose and if you travel every 200kms the flavours and methods of preparing it changes.
Travel more than 50 km's and the taste is bound to change.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As AV has said, the flavours change every 200 kms.

The curries should not taste the same because the it depends on the spices used to flavour the same and the smell of the cooking medium.

In the South, it is made with a whole lot of curry leaves which is their speciality and with a great amount of coconut in various form. The cooking medium is usually coconut oil.

In Bengal, East and the North use Mustard Oil/ Refined Oil.

Some parts use sesame seed oil.

Some use groundnut oil.

And today, people are using sunflower, palm, soya oil and even olive oil!

Therefore, the flavours will be different.

Last edited:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
In the South, it is made with a whole lot of curry leaves which is their speciality and with a great amount of coconut in various form. The cooking medium is usually coconut oil.
Only some parts of the South do that, I think mainly in Kerala and far south. My family uses very little coconut and we don't use coconut oil.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Which part does not use coconut oil?

That would correct my knowledge.

Thanks in anticipation.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Telangana does not use coconut oil.
Anyone on DFI who makes a questionable assertion can count on civfanatic to be right there on the spot to correct it.:lol: God help us when he becomes a moderator.:shocked:

I think of him looking like this:

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Andhra Pradesh is an ever enchanting state, which is all the more famous for its cuisine. Spiciest of all the Indian cuisines, the cuisine of Andhra has many delicacies to boast of. The 'Nawabi' style of the state reflects in its gastronomy too. Andhra dwellers usually prefer vegetarian diet. However, people residing in coastal areas rely mostly on sea-food. Coconut oil makes the regular cooking medium for Andhra gastronomy.
Andhra Pradesh Cuisine - Cuisine of Andhra Pradesh, Traditional Food Andhra Pradesh India

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Telangana does not use coconut oil.
What is the oil used in Telengana?

I presume by Telengana you mean Hyderabadi Muslim cuisine!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles