How do DFI Members De-stress?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Stress never gets me down. The harder it gets, the more determined I become to fight and overcome the situation......I see difficulty and adversity as a challenge that I will overcome.......and if I don't, I will go down fighting. :mad:
That's a recipe for disaster.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
That's a recipe for disaster.
It's better than bemoaning the situation and feeling helpless in the face of extreme adversity, and as a result end up doing next to nothing.

Fight on and work harder, but be rational and know your limits. Know when to take a break and be realistic about the situation.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
It's better than bemoaning the situation and feeling helpless in the face of extreme adversity, and as a result end up doing next to nothing.
This is a totally different scenario. Moderate Stress is not bad, infact is essential. Depression is not so bad.

Fight on and work harder, but be rational and know your limits. Know when to take a break and be realistic about the situation.
+1.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
^^For every goal I have, I fanatically push myself to the extreme, as I've found through experience that that's the only way I can be hopeful of a modicum of success. If I fail, so be it, but at least I tried my best. For example, I lost 32 pounds recently in 4 months......I did cardio for 4 days a week until my legs burned like hell and survived on half the normal calorie intake.

In the months since, I have built up all the muscle I lost and more by killing myself for 6-8 hours in the gym, 4 days a week doing weights.

That's the best way to deal with stress-tackle it head on.

It also helps that my belief system does not include a God, just a Devil. I know that the Devil will try with all his might to bring down catastrophes on me from time to time, so it is a challenge to fight back. :)

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
I do not de-stress myself, I put myself in a new stress whenever I feel stressed, thus I manage to keep myself away from the previous stress for sometimes.

You cant enjoy your life until you have such difficulties.

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
^^For every goal I have, I fanatically push myself to the extreme, as I've found through experience that that's the only way I can be hopeful of a modicum of success. If I fail, so be it, but at least I tried my best. For example, I lost 32 pounds recently in 4 months......I did cardio for 4 days a week until my legs burned like hell and survived on half the normal calorie intake.

In the months since, I have built up all the muscle I lost and more by killing myself for 6-8 hours in the gym, 4 days a week doing weights.

It also helps that my belief system does not include a God, just a Devil. I know that the Devil will try with all his might to bring down catastrophes on me from time to time, so it is a challenge to fight back. :)
Respect. This is badass. :hail:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag

I think taking stress head on is a great way. Little bit of stress keeps us performing and motivated.
When it goes over the top, I prefer going for walks and also cook sometimes.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador

Not necessary I agree with taking the stress bit, but I love that die-hard attitude.

I very strongly believe absolutely the same can be done but without stress being allowed its way in. One just has to remain very focused, determined, and absolutely not get bogged down by any of the temporary obstacles that come our way.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Saar we are talking about destressing not attitude towards life and challenges.

jalsa

It is for me too provided its on th highways not on Bangalore's roads.
It is a delight to drive on twisty roads with sparse traffic, for that you need cars like Punto or Figo which have very good steering feedback and reasonably powerful engine(Punto sport has 90HP), cars like i10 are not at all suitable for spirited driving.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
It is a delight to drive on twisty roads with sparse traffic, for that you need cars like Punto or Figo which have very good steering feedback and reasonably powerful engine(Punto sport has 90HP), cars like i10 are not at all suitable for spirited driving.
Oh I do that in my Alto as well. Including drifting.

jalsa

Oh I do that in my Alto as well. Including drifting.
Is it Alto K10? it is very fun to drive and feels like a go cart but high speed handling is rubbish I have to say. You seem like a pro driver to drift a Front Wheel Drive car.

BTW Bangalore traffic is really irritating.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Is it Alto K10? it is very fun to drive and feels like a go cart but high speed handling is rubbish I have to say. You seem like a pro driver to drift a Front Wheel Drive car.

BTW Bangalore traffic is really irritating.
No not the K10. It's the older LXi.

No I am not a pro but yeah the car drifts to a certain extent within its handling capacity.

jalsa

No not the K10. It's the older LXi.

No I am not a pro but yeah the car drifts to a certain extent within its handling capacity.
Have you ever driven the 2003 Honda City VTec? it has a gem of an engine which feels RAW and ever eager to kiss the redline, drifting is even better in that thing.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Have you ever driven the 2003 Honda City VTec? it has a gem of an engine which feels RAW and ever eager to kiss the redline, drifting is even better in that thing.
Me a Mango Man. Cannot afford Honda.:D

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles