How come Indian women started wearing veils to cover their faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikramjeet

REPLY...............................................

Source Kautilya's Arthashastra R. Shamasastry 1915, page 225-228.

The bold in black, is what the poster amarjeet has quoted.

The red is what I felt he has deliberately missed.

==============
@Ray Sir, @Virendra. Please read the above and see if it is selective quoting to deliberately spread disinformation. Also please take a decision if such thing is and should be allowed.

Now, one can conclude why the poster snapped, when asked for the link.

What are you smoking buddy? I am sure that you are either drunk or have some eyesight problem, I am Vikramjeet not Amarjeet.What does red line suggest? Nothing. That Kautilya banned women from moving out is clear. Learn to read some basic facts. Yes I left out some details and now it is time to fill them.

Did you miss this?

Women of refractive nature shall be taught manners by using such general expressions as 'Thou, half naked; thou, fully naked; thou, cripple; thou, fatherless; thou, motherless, (nagne vinagne nyange pitrke matrke vinagne ityanirdesena vinayagrahanam). Or three beats either with a bamboo-bark or with a rope or with the palm of the hand may be given on her hips. Violation of the above rules shall be liable to half the punishment levied for defamation and criminal hurt. The same kind of punishment shall be meted out to a woman who, moved with jealousy or hatred, shows cruelty to her husband. Punishments for engaging in sports at the door of, or outside her husband's house shall be as dealt with elsewhere.

Wow , you need details. Buddy, when guys were licking their thumbs , I had finished reading this book.

It was as per kautilya's and Ancient indian morality that women moving out was considered transgression, you by highlighting this is exposing your entire ilk as even more clueless. You think red lines mean anything? so a woman should move out only with her near relative and never go out except for subsistence and pilgrimage? And if yes, what kind of 'liberal society' is this? Even Talibanis allow women moving out with near male relatives, so what?

Do not worry, I will be giving details from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vikramjeet

@Khagesh @Virendra and yes that sportsman with whom I love playing @sorcerer

I am a Paki, secularised Hindu, Christian, Khalistani , Maoist all at a time( Lol). I am also dumb and ignorant while you guys are intelligent enough to know that Pakis do not know Hindi in written form and certainly do not read Devanagri script. You guys are world famous scholars so please help me in knowing 'Bhava saundarya' of this piece of Ramacharitmanas and translate it also for me as afterall you guys hate english ones and want to see Indic forms. Be honest with this.

Here we go

"Koti Mano Lajavnihare , Sumukhi Kahahun Ko Anhi Tumhare
Suni Sanehmay Manjul Bani, Sakuchi Siya Man Mahu Musukani

Tinhahi Biloki Bilokat Dharani, Duhun sakoch Sakuchati Barbarni
Sakuchi saprem Bal mRiga Nayani , Boli Madhur Bachan Pikbayani

sahaj subhay subhaga Tan Gore , Nam Lakahnu Devar More
Bahuri Badanu Bidhu anchal dhanki , Piya Tin Chitai Bhaun Kari Banki

Khanjan Manju Tiricche Nayanani, Nija Pati Kaheu Tinhahi Siyan sayanani
Bhai Mudit sab Grambadhutin rankan raya rasi janu lottin.'

I who is Paki can certainly do this, let us see how so called 'Indians' respond?
@sorcerer

Apka Margadarshan Atyadhika Apekshit Hai.

Let us enjoy the sport.

ladder

Country flag
What are you smoking buddy? I am sure that you are either drunk or have some eyesight problem, I am Vikramjeet not Amarjeet.What does red line suggest? Nothing. That Kautilya banned women from moving out is clear. Learn to read some basic facts. Yes I left out some details and now it is time to fill them.

Did you miss this?

Women of refractive nature shall be taught manners by using such general expressions as 'Thou, half naked; thou, fully naked; thou, cripple; thou, fatherless; thou, motherless, (nagne vinagne nyange pitrke matrke vinagne ityanirdesena vinayagrahanam). Or three beats either with a bamboo-bark or with a rope or with the palm of the hand may be given on her hips. Violation of the above rules shall be liable to half the punishment levied for defamation and criminal hurt. The same kind of punishment shall be meted out to a woman who, moved with jealousy or hatred, shows cruelty to her husband. Punishments for engaging in sports at the door of, or outside her husband's house shall be as dealt with elsewhere.

Wow , you need details. Buddy, when guys were licking their thumbs , I had finished reading this book.

It was as per kautilya's and Ancient indian morality that women moving out was considered transgression, you by highlighting this is exposing your entire ilk as even more clueless. You think red lines mean anything? so a woman should move out only with her near relative and never go out except for subsistence and pilgrimage? And if yes, what kind of 'liberal society' is this? Even Talibanis allow women moving out with near male relatives, so what?

Do not worry, I will be giving details from now on.
As if I care whether you are Vikramjeet or Amarjeet. You are Moronjeet as far as your posts are concerned.

Well whether you left out, did not quote, forgot, over sight, mistake or had malicious intent. Let's leave it to the readers, who can now read both your and mine quotes simultaneously. I don't doubt their judgement, neither the judgement of the two eminent members who I have invited.

There is no over sight on my part. I quoted from where you started ( the subheading) to where you ended ( end of that sub-heading.)

===============

I never knew you were ice age man still surviving. Feels old? sorry, how about Iron age or bronze age? Choose your pick.

I have said it earlier too, you probably have just 'read' it. For other literary activity which succeeds reading, needs higher form of intellect and reasoning that you probably lack. (considering your posts)

Last edited:

Vikramjeet

I left out details, right? Now some details from Kautilya. Book 4 Chapter 13

"A Kshatriya who commits adultery with an unguarded Bráhman woman shall be punished with the highest amercement; a Vaisya doing the same shall be deprived of the whole of his property; and a Súdra shall be burnt alive wound round in mats.

Good, I was told that caste discrimination was brought by Islamic invaders.

Whoever commits adultery with the queen of the land shall be burnt alive in a vessel (kumbhílpákah.)

A man who commits adultery with a woman of low caste shall be banished with prescribed mark branded on his fore-head, or shall be degraded to the same caste.

A Súdra or a svapáka who commits adultery with a woman of low caste shall be put to death, while the woman shall have her ears and nose cut off.

Adultery with a nun (pravrajitá) shall be punishable with a fine of 24 panas while the nun who submits herself shall also pay a similar fine.

A man who forces his connection with a harlot shall be fined 12 panas.

When many persons perform witch-craft towards a single woman, each of them shall be punished with a fine of 24 panas.

Also, this for those who say that law against sodomy is British imposition.

"When a man has connection with a woman against the order of nature (a-yonau), he shall be punished with the first amercement.

A man having sexual intercourse with another man shall also pay the first amercement
."

now on way different varnas were ranked as per insults and fines levied.

"If among Bráhmans, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas, Súdras, and outcastes (antávasáyins), any one of a lower caste abuses the habits of one of a higher caste, the fines imposed shall increase from 3 panas upwards (commencing from the lowest caste). If any one of a higher caste abuses one of a lower caste, fines imposed shall decrease from 2 panas."

sorcerer

Country flag
I left out details, right? Now some details from Kautilya. Book 4 Chapter 13

"A Kshatriya who commits adultery with an unguarded Bráhman woman shall be punished with the highest amercement; a Vaisya doing the same shall be deprived of the whole of his property; and a Súdra shall be burnt alive wound round in mats.

Good, I was told that caste discrimination was brought by Islamic invaders.

Whoever commits adultery with the queen of the land shall be burnt alive in a vessel (kumbhílpákah.)

A man who commits adultery with a woman of low caste shall be banished with prescribed mark branded on his fore-head, or shall be degraded to the same caste.

A Súdra or a svapáka who commits adultery with a woman of low caste shall be put to death, while the woman shall have her ears and nose cut off.

Adultery with a nun (pravrajitá) shall be punishable with a fine of 24 panas while the nun who submits herself shall also pay a similar fine.

A man who forces his connection with a harlot shall be fined 12 panas.

When many persons perform witch-craft towards a single woman, each of them shall be punished with a fine of 24 panas.

Also, this for those who say that law against sodomy is British imposition.

"When a man has connection with a woman against the order of nature (a-yonau), he shall be punished with the first amercement.

A man having sexual intercourse with another man shall also pay the first amercement
."

now on way different varnas were ranked as per insults and fines levied.

"If among Bráhmans, Kshatriyas, Vaisyas, Súdras, and outcastes (antávasáyins), any one of a lower caste abuses the habits of one of a higher caste, the fines imposed shall increase from 3 panas upwards (commencing from the lowest caste). If any one of a higher caste abuses one of a lower caste, fines imposed shall decrease from 2 panas."
Yeah..i was right..you are the dumbass who copy pastes from Pdfs found on online . The worst part is that you dont understant that this was the societal order prescribed in religious texts but not necessarily practiced. Same like in every religion...

:D

As I pointed out and since you are carrying on with the same shameless charm YOu belong to the category of..
Academic/History Rewriting ( 1 items )
This strategy helps in generating a low opinion and delinking natives from their native religions, cultures and traditions. Fredrich Max Muller, Wendy Donniger, Paul Courtright, Jeffrey Kirpal etc are examples of these. Max Muller claimed that "he will write/translate Upanishads in such a way that no Hindu would ever respect them again". Jeffrey Kirpal established an incestuous relationship between Ramakrishna Paramahamsa and Vivekananda whereas Paul Courtright calls Hindu Lord Ganesha a oral-sex obsessed character.
A normal Hindu won't call himself a 'proud Hindu' after reading this literature and often becomes an object of ridicule in his society. Though many of these Scholars don't call themselves active missionaries they successfully play part-1 of the missionary game i.e., delinking.

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
@Khagesh @Virendra and yes that sportsman with whom I love playing @sorcerer

I am a Paki, secularised Hindu, Christian, Khalistani , Maoist all at a time( Lol). I am also dumb and ignorant while you guys are intelligent enough to know that Pakis do not know Hindi in written form and certainly do not read Devanagri script. You guys are world famous scholars so please help me in knowing 'Bhava saundarya' of this piece of Ramacharitmanas and translate it also for me as afterall you guys hate english ones and want to see Indic forms. Be honest with this.

Here we go

"Koti Mano Lajavnihare , Sumukhi Kahahun Ko Anhi Tumhare
Suni Sanehmay Manjul Bani, Sakuchi Siya Man Mahu Musukani

Tinhahi Biloki Bilokat Dharani, Duhun sakoch Sakuchati Barbarni
Sakuchi saprem Bal mRiga Nayani , Boli Madhur Bachan Pikbayani

sahaj subhay subhaga Tan Gore , Nam Lakahnu Devar More
Bahuri Badanu Bidhu anchal dhanki , Piya Tin Chitai Bhaun Kari Banki

Khanjan Manju Tiricche Nayanani, Nija Pati Kaheu Tinhahi Siyan sayanani
Bhai Mudit sab Grambadhutin rankan raya rasi janu lottin.'

I who is Paki can certainly do this, let us see how so called 'Indians' respond?
@sorcerer

Apka Margadarshan Atyadhika Apekshit Hai.

Let us enjoy the sport.

"Pakis do not know HIndi in written form.." Is that your what you are wearing today!!! :D
I would say there would be more educated Pakis than you!!! Though they are fanatically amusing!!

C'mon you said in some posts that Communist countries dont have religion and I gave you the wiki link on Russia and Religion. :D

ladder

Country flag
Now let us see what their sacred book Kamasutra says.

How wives should behave? Kamasutra says this

"The wife should always avoid the company of female
beggars, female buddhist mendicants, unchaste and rougish
women, female fortune tellers and witches. As regards meals
she should always consider what her husband likes and dislikes,
and what things are good for him, and what are injurious
to him When she hears the sounds of his footsteps
coming home she should at once get up, and be ready to do
whatever he may command her, and either order her female
servant to wash his feet, or wash them herself."

Wow. Getting feet washed is amazing.

"She should avoid bad expressions, sulky
looks, speaking aside, standing in the doorway, and looking
at passers-by, conversing in pleasure groves, and remaining in
a lonely place for a long time;
"

Lol, as per this sacred book, she should not look at passers by and remain in pleasure gardens( clubs in modern context).

When hubby is away, she should lead an austere life

"During the absence of her husband on a journey the virtuous
woman should wear only her auspicious ornaments, and
observe the fasts in honor of the Gods.
To the abode of her relations she should not go
except on occasions of joy and sorrow, and then she should
go in her usual travelling dress, accompanied by her husband's
servants, and not remain there for a long time."
Do I have to say where he is copying from?

The other post he had copy pasted the term Prophet Vatsayana.

More about it tomorrow.

===========

Arre Sahib, nakal ke liye bhi akal cahhiye.

Last edited:

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Thread closed till the members are unable to cool down for a mature debate without getting abusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles