Honest question for Hindus

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by genius, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genius

genius Regular Member

I am a Hindu.

When I was abroad a years ago, people over there asked silly questions based on the stereotypes of hindus.

"Do you paint your house with cow dung?"
    "Do you burn your widows?"
    "Do you sleep in a bed of nails?"

All kinds of weird questions. I felt awkward and moreover it was impossible to even reason with such people. They'd made up their minds. Impossible to convince them that they were showing the fringe as the norm.

But are not Hindus doing the same thing to Muslims? Stereotyping them? Focusing exclusively on the bad things, like terrorism, and painting all Muslims as bad guys? So, in a way, I know how Muslims feel, since as a Hindu I felt the same way when stereotyped.

So the question to Hindus is: why do it? You're still treated like an outcast in foreign countries, so why would you extend the same treatment to Muslims? Isn't that hypocritical?

Singh, Neo, Dovah and 1 other person like this.
  3. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

4. cobra commando

cobra commando Tharki regiment Veteran Member Senior Member

[​IMG]

raja696, parijataka, hit&run and 2 others like this.
  5. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Ok.

Hindus are treated like an outcast in foreign countries? Good to hear that. I am still waiting to feel it in reality, considering I have been living in a foreign country for a while.

6. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Ask them something in return

Do all Americans ride horses, carry six-shooters?
    Do all Europeans wear boiled leather, chain mail and carry longswords?

Do you all burn witches at stakes?

Do all of you die trying to break chains while submerged in a glass box in water?

7. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

10/10. Heart touched. Will read again.

As a Hindu, I think I can speak on behalf of all Hindus on this forum that your words have made me question my life. You have forced me to reflect on all the decisions I have made in my life and all the poor Muslims that I have stereotyped.

You have a way with words and live up to your user-handle.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I tip my fedora to you.

-------------------------------------
    Edit 1: Guys don't bully him! He is trying to help.

Edit 2: Lol Hindus being Hindus. Stop critcizing the OP and answwer him!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    parijataka, Free Karma, VIP and 5 others like this.
  8. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

Dude, No one does that anymore, and you know it. I live outside India, and I mostly have people asking me about festivals and food. If not anything, out of decency they will not ask these questions.....Did you possibly travel back in time to medieval europe, that's the only place besides pakiland where people would seriously ask you these questions.

Who told you Hindus do the same to muslims. To people like you here is what you need to know -

1. If you need to know really how minority oppression feels, live like a non-muslim in pakiland, egypt, iraq.... hell, dare to call yourself a yezidi in syria/iraq (if you wish to intrinsically understand the concept)
    2. The minority populations in pakiland and bangladesh fell drastically to minuscule amounts in the last 60 years - but you never think of them as minority oppressors
    3. Almost by the same amount that minority populations fell in these countries, it has grown in India in the same timeframe... if Hindus were indeed so horrible, how did that happen ???!!!!?????
    4. India treats all its people as equals, period.

So the question to Hindus is: why do it? You're still treated like an outcast in foreign countries, so why would you extend the same treatment to Muslims? Isn't that hypocritical?[/QUOTE]

raja696 likes this.
  9. Srinivas_K

Srinivas_K Senior Member Senior Member

Exactly !!

It depends on one's behavior and manners one exhibit.

Also outer appearance plays its part in judging a person.

I have traveled, speak to lot of foreigners in our onsite team, They all have good regards when it comes to Indian customs and culture, even scottish guy whom I met recently was impressed by India, Curry and Marriage ceremony :lol:. Lot of Chinese are also cooperative if we exhibit friendly manners.

I speak to Italians, Germans, Americans and Chinese regularly they are all very friendly and co operative, we participate in video conferencing on regular basis.

pmaitra, SajeevJino and Razor like this.
  10. EXPERT

EXPERT Regular Member

I want everybody to properly reply to @genius , please do not troll. .

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    pmaitra and Dovah like this.
  11. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

Saar, Did you getz a Master's degree.
    Such artistic mastery of the art.
    :salute:

Ashutosh Lokhande and pmaitra like this.
  12. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Long walk Elite Member

Actually It's not a Clear word "paint"

Most Peoples in poor who lives in the hut whose floor is polished with Cow dung ..It's having lot of Features Peoples who have strokes they will sleep in the Cow dung floor and using bed as a Palm tree leaf ..like a Medicine

It also act like a Compound who protecting the floor from Creatures like Snakes and Others

untill my 13th Age My house floor is polished with Cow dung ..where outside my home each day I can see No. of snakes ..but they never Entered my House .we clean the house every week and new cow dung will be polished.

It was More than Centuries Ago ..But now no one doing that ..most hindu Widow's are now making another marriage

Never Heard about this ..!!

13. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

Saar it infuriates me when free thinkers like the OP are mocked for their hard hitting questions.

Can any Hindu who has ever lived honestly say that he has not sterotyped a Muslim in his life? Why are people not answering the OP? What are the Hindus hiding?

India wants to know!

Neo likes this.
  14. Voldemort

Voldemort Senior Member Senior Member

Why is this guy still around? He's definitely not Hindu and I doubt whether he's Indian at all.

raja696 and Ashutosh Lokhande like this.
  15. Soul83

Soul83 Regular Member

Only some Hindus stereotype muslims not all hindus. and muslims also stereotype hindus, while muslims believe that christians and jews are people of the book they believe that hindus are some kind of apes and islam is the most extreme monothest religion nowadays, more extreme then western christians or many western christians i think you can find less respect for hindus among muslims then among christians.

raja696 likes this.
  16. sorcerer

sorcerer Senior Member Senior Member

I dont blame the west. They have to update their GK database.
    [​IMG]

How to treat another individual of the society is upto one to decide.

SajeevJino likes this.
  17. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

Answer depends on the age of ppl who are asking these questions and country they are from?

18. anupamsurey

anupamsurey Regular Member

regarding that question about islam-------------the much better way will be to ask a Muslim why he is stereotyped.......?
    seriously, why islam is non compliant or even friendly (at least diplomatically) to non islamic religions.
    the answers are not with hindus, jews, xians, buddhists etc....if you want answers ask a muslim to introspect

19. ghost

ghost Regular Member

Sir,

I am a Hindu

I will teach you how to answer these questions.

Yes ,our ancestor used to paint our house with cow dung,but as we are coming under more and more western influence it has stopped.As westerner are in the habit of proclaiming themselves @genius ,but in reality they are dumb.

Under these western influence ,we Indians ignored the fact that our ancestors were purely brilliant minds.As they know that cow dung is an excellent insulator,a coat of cow dung used to keep house warm during winter,hence no need of heater.And it kept houses cool during summer ,hence no need of cooler.But know we have begun to realize about our glorious past and started using the teaching of our ancestor in modern world.Like this “The paint thus developed from cow dung can be the best insulator for your home in summers,” he pointed out. Explaining the factor that worked behind cow dung as insulator, Dr Kamani said: “Cow dung present in the coating absorbs most of the heat radiation and prevents it from reaching inside and this lowers the temperature.”

Beat the Heat with Cow-Dung Paint, India

No,we don't burn our widows.Actually it was a voluntary practice which started because women want to save their modesty from muslim invaders.Later since it was portrayed as
    honorary practice many women started doing it,voluntary to show their love for their husband.

But it was abolished by the consistent efforts of Raja Ram Mohan Roy,and the last case reported was in 1987.But apart from this infamous exception no other such event came into light anywhere in the country. Therefore, it can be said that the inhuman practice now has no place in the modern outlook of Twenty-first-century society of India.

While you are at it ,try to burst some myths about it.

Sati Pratha is not an Indian tradition. There is no mention or example of Sati in any old Indian scriptures.
    Women in India often committed suicide to protect their honour from invaders. This custom was called Johar. They built big cauldron like pots, lit then with fire and jumped into them, to die voluntarily in order to save their honour and chastity. There was no forced immolation in that process.
    Sati is an ancient Sanskrit term, meaning a chaste woman who thinks of no other man than her own husband. The famous examples are Sati Anusuiya, Savitri, Ahilya etc. None of them committed suicide, let alone being forcible burned. So how is that that they are called Sati? The word ‘Sati’ means a chaste woman, and it has no co-relations with either suicide or murder.
    The phrase, ‘Sati Pratha’ was a Christian Missionary invention. Sati was taken form the above quoted source and ‘Pratha’ was taken from the practice of Johar’, (by distorting its meaning from ‘suicide’ to ‘murder’) and the myth of ‘Sati Pratha’ was born to malign Indian culture.
    When Raja Dashrath dies in Ramayana, none of his queens perform Sati act.
    In Mahabharata, many warriors died in the war, but there is no mention of Sati anywhere.
    So, this was ‘Johar’, later practiced by Hindu women in every part of India in order to save themselves from the dirty hands of Islamic marauders.

History, Traditions and Culture

No,we do not sleep on bed of nails.As everyone is not highly qualified and great as a "yogi" to understand the science behind it and able to perform it.But let me educate you
    If Bed of Nails® is used regularly for a long enough period of time it may:

Improve circulation
    Increase energy level
    Reduce blood pressure
    Reduce stress and anxiety
    Alleviate headache
    Relieve tension and muscle aches
    Improve sleep and relieve insomnia
    Relieve chronic neck and back pain
    Activate the parasympathetic nervous system
    Benefit weight loss by reducing cortisol levels
    Improve heart rate variability
    Revitalize and rejuvenate
    Improve skin complexion
    Relieve constipation
    Alleviate malaise

Acupressure Mats: Healing, Meditation Benefits - Bed of Nails

Since I am a Hindu,I can't rightly suggest how to overcome stress ,when people relate terrorism with Muslims.But I can suggest you what a good friend of mine do to release his stress.He basically portray himself as Hindu and try to portray Hinduism as a evil religion,by doing this he is able to up his self esteem of being a Muslim.Though he is never able to succeed in it,as truth always prevail.But still I suggest Muslims to give it a try,if they are facing depression because of their religion .

20. Ashutosh Lokhande

Ashutosh Lokhande Senior Member Senior Member

very well said sir. and you really hit the nail on the head with that last para. :thumb:

ghost likes this.
  21. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]
    Tintin gets his fortune told by a fakir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.