Homosexuality and LGBT rights in India

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by JayATL, Sep 20, 2011.

?

Homosexuality is:

Poll closed Feb 24, 2012.
  1. Natural and Normal

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Natural and Abnormal

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Unnatural and Normal

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. Unnatural and Abnormal

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  5. ¿I have no clue?

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

Thats right as a heterosexual I love gay people. As a minority in my country that till 50 years was not allowed to drink out of the same water fountains, seat in the back of the bus, not allowed enter establishments because of my color--- I love the Gay and the Gay cause. I'm so proud that my country (US) will soon allow gays in the military to allow themselves to be know as gay. They give their lives for my country , the first soldier to die in Iraq was gay...so if they can stand on that wall - why would we demean them and ask them to hide being gay?

I love that my country will soon change anti gay marriage stance. I have a great marriage to my wife , 8 yr old kid for close to 11 years now. AND! No gay marriage has hurt it...

I love that my country will allow the doctors who happen to be gay and saved hundreds of thousands of children lives of heterosexual couples to be able to have their own love realized .

This is how the gay people protest and I'll take that over all your religious , hate filled zealots! I can't wait for the daywhen I can tell my child that "hey, we are a nation of equal rights and gay marriage and equality is about HUMAN RIGHTS" !

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  3. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Actually are you an Indian or a Black American?

4. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

I like gays also they leave more women for us regular folk.

SPIEZ, maomao and xXX-Nair:::Saab-XXx like this.
  5. Godless-Kafir

Have they decriminalized homosexuals in India?

6. JayATL

are Indian whites? what is the difference between a brown Indian and black american in the equation I stated?

7. The Messiah

Some are. India is a diverse country.

8. Godless-Kafir

You stated your an minority in your country, so i just wanted to clarify.

9. Godless-Kafir

Are you a white Indian? lol

10. JayATL

Huh what is a minority in your books? :)

11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

There is nothing wrong in being gay or totally happy.

Those who are gloomy can be so also!

maomao and blueblood like this.
  12. Godless-Kafir

What ever you meant by minority. You sound like that African American guy on youtube his name is Diepryea or something like that!

Indians are not genetically Africans but all humans are no diffrent anyway.

13. JayATL

LOL dude- anyone of non white color is a minority today in the US and was not allowed voting rights, right to marry whites , allowed in white establishments etc a few decades ago... it was against human rights.

I'd like to know where India is on these human rights? what does the younger generation think? younger generation in the US does not get the hoop la in US by their parents age re: anti gay stance.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  14. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

You have not mentioned why you love Gays,

Do you love them just because they are a minority which faces discrimination or is there any qualities among gays that you like.

15. JayATL

because they are my fellow human beings....

Because its human rights cause -- and their cause is human rights period . because they don't go about blowing people up or getting violent over it. because they take the day in and day out discrimination , bashing, torture, murder , hate speech , bigotry and contribute to our society meaningfully...

because they are so brave to risk their lives as police officers, soldiers...for the country and countrymen while knowing they have this bigotry perpetrated on them...

Thats good enough for ya ;)

why are you presumingly against a caste system in India, is because the so called dalits have some qualities you love or because it is a human Rights issue?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  16. The Messiah

No not white by the scandinavian standards. But i wouldn't be termed brown either.

Not all people in India are brown or black.

17. Godless-Kafir

Younger generation is not a term that can be broad brushed, mostly young people are secular but there are those who are very anti-secular like in Kashmir.

On Gay rights i heard they decriminalized it in 2009 but in general i think people are very homophobic like in all back ward societies not to mention the religious crowd in the US.

18. Godless-Kafir

So if your not white or brown then your black?

19. The Messiah

Delhi High Court overturns ban on gay sex

The Delhi High Court on Thursday ruled gay sex was not a crime, a verdict that will bolster demands by gay and health groups that the government scrap a British colonial law which bans homosexual sex.

In a country where public hugging and kissing even among heterosexuals invites lewd remarks and sometimes beatings, gay sex has been a taboo, leaving the government unsure how conservative Indians would react if the law was repealed.

The court's ruling that homosexual sex among consenting adults is not a crime is expected to boost an increasingly vocal pro-gay lobby in India that says the British-era law was a violation of human rights.

The current law bans "sex against the order of nature", and is widely interpreted to mean homosexual sex in India.

Gay rights activists hailed the court verdict as historic and many supporters of homosexuality were seen celebrating with sweets and smearing each other with vermilion.

"We have finally entered into the 21st century," said Anjali Gopalan, leader of Naz Foundation, a leading health and gay rights lobby.

The ruling applies to all of India, but can be appealed at the Supreme Court.

Gay rights activists also argue the law, framed in 1861, was an impediment in fighting against HIV/AIDS because many homosexuals refuse to come out in the open fearing harassment by authorities.

"Consensual sex amongst adults is legal which includes even gay sex and sex among the same sexes," said a two-judge bench of the court. The verdict said the current law will apply in the event of sex without consent.

Petitions to change the 1861 law have so far been firmly rejected by the government but there has been some softening up on the stand in recent years, with officials saying the possibility of revoking the ban was being discussed.

Thursday's court verdict came after nine years of legal proceedings initiated by India's gay groups.

Under the current law, homosexual sex is punishable by up to 10 years in jail.

JayATL likes this.
  20. JayATL

I'm seeing some positive changes hough in India , like that article I read where you have a transgendered Bollywood actor? and where your supreme court made perhaps what you eluded the decriminalization of gays

21. The Messiah

Unlike brown and black there are many shades of white.

Northern and central europeans dont consider greeks white in the same sense as themselves. According to you are greeks white or not ?