HM Ambassador is turning COMPACT!

ashicjose

Now, how would I like to see it?

Well, give me the car on the top (Morris Isis), with an extended front, with a 3 litre turbocharged V6 diesel and a 6 speed manual transmission. I also want a heater, power mirrors, central locking, airbags for front and sides, heated seats, rear passenger air vents, adjustable steering column; in addition to what it already has, i.e. power steering, power brakes, power windows, front disc brakes (rear discs would be nice too). Now, whatever you do, for Heaven's sake, do not change the rear suspension. I want the car to keep its rear axle and leaf springs. So far, I have been on the back seat of Acura, BMW, Skoda, Honda, Toyota, etc.. They all suck big time. The only car whose back seat I like as much as that of the Ambassador is that of the Ford SUVs and the Subaru Forrester. Finally, please work on the interiors of the car. While the retro-looks are good, the fit, finish and quality needs a lot of improvement. Do all I said, and price it around $30,000, and I will be there to buy it.
I had one modified 1981 petrol Ambassador with 1900 cc Turbocharged Toyota diesel 4 cylinder engine(1c), radial tyres, hydralic clutch, modified dash board, small platform gear liver, bucket seats etc. I had a good time with it actually I mastered in driving in that car.The turbo lag was amazing you feel that the car is not in your control. I don't know where is the car is now, its number was KRQ 682 (kerala).

Last edited:

ashicjose

This was my Amby ,ones I drive this car at 135+kms/hr in Coimbatore bypass road.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles