HJ-8 ATGM used by Syrian rebels

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Your Country official data is unreliable ? I have not read anything 800-1000mm for RHA in POF poster or data, If so share ..

Insurgents are using HJ-8 not NAG, therefore its irrelevant here ..

The army considers 600 m as the verified penetration where ERA is NOT included, it has anti ERA capability as mentioned in the details, however the original range given is 800-1000m for RHA,

you didnt reply my question, why Nag has such a small range?
Their websites have some funny errors usually, the PAC Kamra website was so hilarious that had to shut it down to re-write data, it still has some ridiculous errors :D

Dazzler

Your Country official data is unreliable ? I have not read anything 800-1000mm for RHA in POF poster or data, If so share ..

Insurgents are using HJ-8 not NAG, therefore its irrelevant here ..
Circling round and round arent we? :D

Here is an example of website mistake...and i expect a response related to the deficiency in Nag's range in return :)

PAC website error, notice headings and their description

Digital Video Recorder (DVR)

Audio Control Box (ACB) is the hub of audio signals management. It receives audio signals from on-board systems like mission computer, communication, navigation and weapon systems and routes these audio signals to pilot headset / recording systems.

Technical Specification
External Dimension: W x H x D (146x126x100mm)
Weight: less than 1.5 Kg
Input Power: 28V DC
Output Power: 50-200mW
Audio Input: 11
Audio Output: 05

Audio Control Box (ACB)

Audio Control Box (ACB) is the hub of audio signals management. It receives audio signals from on-board systems like mission computer, communication, navigation and weapon systems and routes these audio signals to pilot headset / recording systems.

http://pac.org.pk/avionic

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Regarding outrageous claims made by some manufacturers and countries, this is what a tanknet member had to say about POF data....
At some point purchaser specifications must be met by the manufacturers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Your Country Official data is not reliable as your proved here, Post links and other data from reliable sources that is until your official data is corrected ..

Until then, Don't post what your official data does not suggest ..

Circling round and round arent we? :D

shiphone

Country flag
I'm afraid that's not a further development of HJ-8 serial, obviously that is more close to American BGM-71 ATGM(TOW family). PA should have this ATGM in service.

-----------------------------
another question is that this model might not be 'Laser Guided' but 'MMW command guidance...

Dazzler

I dont think TOW is ever displayed by GIDS or any subsidiary as a product of Pakistan. The pic is taken in Pakistan pavilion. He clearly mentioned it as a BS modification which is able to fire both HJ-8 and TOW. It must be remembered that Pakistan modified AH-1 cobras to fire both TOW, TOW II and BS missiles from the same missile launcher.

The pic is taken at IDEAS 2012, the guidance module is different in both...

Broccoli

Unknown tank cook off.

T-55(?)

Two T-55's(?) targeted.

T-55 fired at from far away.

Shilka targeted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broccoli

Quite violent secondary explosion in this one, must have been hit straight to the ammo.

Broccoli

Rebels knock out incoming tank and BMP with HJ-8's.

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
^^
HJ-8 is optically tracked and wire-guided. Seems to me (from watching missile path in video) tracker should be remote from firing system. Is there such a system?

Broccoli

HJ-8 hit's a moving SAA tank. Driver manages to bail out but the flaming tank keeps going forward.

There is some really good ATGM footage coming from Syria.

Broccoli

Two Mi-8 choppers knocked out.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles