HJ-8 ATGM used by Syrian rebels

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Nice Catch ..There is no doubt These Weapons from KSA

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
HJ-8 is used by Pakistan, this is wire guided anti tank missile. It does not have tandem warhead to take out ERA.

HJ-8 tested on Chinese tank

Good addition to Rabels.

Last edited by a moderator:

Broccoli

Not sure about Pakistani variant, but later Chinese models were made to defeat ERA.

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Pakistan makes licensed version of HJ-8s known as Baktar Shikan. Pakistan also exports Baktar Shikan to other countries and can destroy tank targets at a distance of 3 km. These were possibly supplied to Bosnian government forces against Serbian tanks during the mid-1990s, the weapon proved effective enough to penetrate the frontal armor of M-84 tanks.

It can possibly become new anti-tank Missile for Taliban forces (if possible ISI funded LeT).

bennedose

yeah, that was first thing that come to my mind, this is the same anti tank missile which PA got from China through TOT.
I suppose the guy who aimed the wire guided missile deserves some credit. Did you see how fast that missile flies? Aiming a missile like that at a target 3 km away with dust and smoke around can't be easy. However there is no real proof that the missile that hit the tank was the same one that was fired I guess LOL

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
I suppose the guy who aimed the wire guided missile deserves some credit. Did you see how fast that missile flies? Aiming a missile like that at a target 3 km away with dust and smoke around can't be easy. However there is no real proof that the missile that hit the tank was the same one that was fired I guess LOL
Of course the missile hit the target. Didn't you hear "allahu akbar!"?

Seriously the continuity of the video needs forensic analysis.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
this is standard practice when you test missile, even we do it, like nag tests.

Dazzler

HJ-8 is used by Pakistan, this is wire guided anti tank missile. It does not have tandem warhead to take out ERA.

HJ-8 tested on Chinese tank

Good addition to Rabels.
It has the option to be fitted with tandem warhead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dazzler

lol, do you think it is as easy as optional to make it with tandem warhead........

Baktar Shikan

Anti-tank Guided Missile Weapon System

Baktar Shikan is a second-generation anti-tank missile weapon system which pursues the principle of optical aiming, IR tracking, remotely controlled and wire transmitted guidance signals. The system can quickly be dis-assembled into the following four sub-units, encased missile, tripod, goniometer and control box each weighing not more than 25kg thus making the system man-portable.
It can also be mounted on Cobra attack helicopters and Armored Personnel Carriers (APCs). Its long range, penetration power and a powerful anti-jamming capability form a potent defence against armored targets.
Salient Features

land01
Day & night firing
Anti-ERA capability
Long range
Quick reaction time
High hit probability
Greater penetration
Rapid rate of fire
Anti-jamming capability
Easy operation & maintenance

Range 3,000 m
Hit Probability >90 %
Penetration Probability 90 %
Depth of Penetration 500mm HRA (Homogeneous Rolled Armor)
(Standard Warhead)
Depth of Penetration 600 mm HRA
(Tandem Warhead)

Rate of Fire 2-3 Rds per minute
Mean Flying Speed 220 m/s
Propulsion Solid

:: GIDS - BAKTAR-SHIKAN ::

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles