Hitler’s Strange Afterlife in India

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by t_co, Jan 26, 2013.

1. t_co

t_co Senior Member Senior Member

Hitler’s Strange Afterlife in India - The Daily Beast

An article on the disturbing legacy of Bal Thackeray and his fascist Shiv Sena acolytes.

Indian rhetoric needs to move out of the shadow of chickenhawk demagogues such as Thackeray. I wonder if, when the Israelis sell weapons to DRDO, they notice these strains of thought?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    Snuggy321, SPIEZ and Zarvin like this.
  3. Rahul92

Rahul92 Senior Member Senior Member

re: Hitler’s Strange Afterlife in India

Even i Adolf hitler

4. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

If not for Hitler, colonialism would never ave ended. Hail Hitler:hail:

And dirt bags need to be treated like dirt bags. People who love Pakistan more than India should be kicked in the ass and sent back there. There is no denying that

sesha_maruthi27, uvbar and bharata like this.
  5. arkem8

arkem8 Regular Member

The entire purpose of using the "Hitler is very famous in India" plank was to attack the Shiv Sena/BJP/chaddi cliques in the Western press. The author DD was the one who famously called for American military intervention "to protect minorities" during the Gujarat riots.

The guy has an evangelical agenda and conveniently attacks the "Hindu Right" from a safe sanctuary in the west for the benefit of western audiences.

P.S O.P is a Chinese who has "khujli" w.r.t high-tech Israeli Military hardware support/export to India

panduranghari and parijataka like this.
  6. t_co

Please, say that to the Israelis selling you weapons. In fact, if I was the Chinese ambassador to Israel, I would be pushing to reprint this article in every major Israeli newspaper until all the Jewish people know of these disgusting attitudes.

That's not what Thackeray is arguing for. Thackeray is saying that all Indian Muslims, regardless of what they believe politically, ought to be 'cleansed'. Is that what you support?

7. t_co

You're essentially making a giant ad hominem here.

8. t_co

double post.

9. t_co

I want to see @Rage come in here and attempt to reconcile his embrace of Indian nationalism with his professed Western values. Or is he a hypocrite just like the rest?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  10. arkem8

arkem8 Regular Member

Really...
    What will the China ambassador also tell jew of the pictures below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
  11. t_co

:rofl: those are private wedding pictures, not the public words of a political figure. Bal Thackeray's words calling for the mass murder of Muslims hold much more weight than some random Chinese-looking man dressed in an SS uniform, no?

I'm sure the Israelis will be intelligent enough to figure out the difference between random people wearing clothes and an entire political party whose stated beliefs match with the individual responsible for wiping out half of the Jewish people.

Snuggy321, W.G.Ewald and Zarvin like this.
  12. Tolaha

Tolaha Senior Member Senior Member

Bal Thackeray words or Mao/CCP's actions? :hmm: That's a toughie!

parijataka likes this.
  13. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

If this 'survey' was taken in a British classroom 'Churchill' would have gotten most votes(or maybe Cheryl Cole) who killed as many if not more people than Hitler.
    It's funny when westerners expect us to be sympathetic to their history while on the other hand showing complete disregard for the crimes they themselves committed.

1992-93 was not slaughter but a riot. Native american genocide was a massacre. Thanksgiving, wow.

The Communist manifesto is also all the rage in those circles.

:rolleyes:

Wrt Gandhi: When young Indians see people die in bomb blasts perpetrated by Pakistan for the creation of which Gandhi actively campaigned, his mega blunder of selecting Nehru to be the Prime Minister of India, his borderline cowardly approach of non violence they are bound to form a bias against him. No one should be above criticism and it is a good thing.

Secondly, Hitler did nothing bad to India and hence we don't have any baggage when studying his ideology objectively.

Damage caused by the Nazis is pretty much insignificant compared to that caused by the British Empire. And frankly, I would like Indians to be outraged by the crimes committed against them rather than shed tears for people who don't give a flying ---- about us.

I personally don't like Hitler though, but this is not because it is taboo to even study Nazism objectively.

14. t_co

:lol: now you're falling into the trap of tu quoque. Focus on the topic at hand here: how can India get of its fascination with Hitler and fascism--and if it can't, what steps should the world take to deal with India?

15. hit&run

hit&run Elite Member Elite Member

Thackeray was hundred time better than Chinese bureaucrats who have self mandate to persecute Tibetans and million times better than Champion of genocide Mao.

Your rant on Israel not selling weapons to DRDO looks like,; Billi Ko chuhey ke sapne, Cat dreaming about rats.

16. arkem8

arkem8 Regular Member

I don't really think them jews need the lousy authoritarian fascist Communist Chinese(who don't know and have no freedom) telling them anything, also the Israelis will probably wipe their hands with a dab of alcohol after shaking hands with the Chinese

What is really ironic is how the Communist Chinese think anyone would give a rats arse about what they think or say....fvckers have no freedom in their own country but act all tough with outsiders instead of ther own corrupt old leaders that never have had a popular mandate to rule.

Hipocritical Lowlifes....

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2013
    desicanuk, jalsa and roma like this.
  17. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

@t_co

Shut up . Don't quote me if you want to have straw man discussion and put words in my mouth. What I meant is If not for world war 2 British would not have been weak to give independence to India. India would still be a colony of Britain. So would have the rest of the African and Asian colonies.

As for your rant about Israeli weapons, I care more about my people than people not related to me. For me British were any day much more criminals than Nazis. It was not nazis who ruled us.

18. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

I believe if the Axis powers had prevailed, India would have been in Imperial Japan's sphere of influence, if not under its occupation, perhaps with a puppet government.

I'd like to see @civfanatic comment on that.

19. bharata

bharata Regular Member

The good thing about hitler was he not only challenged the mighty britian but also weakened it .
    :thumb:

20. TTCUSM

TTCUSM Regular Member

Mr. Ewald,

You might be interested in this.

panduranghari likes this.
  21. roma

roma NRI in Europe Senior Member

please do some research before posting one-sided information .....

take a look at the following phenomena which also occurred in schools but elsewhere:-

[Singapore schools] Idolising Hitler?! [Archive] - SPUG Forums
    77 posts - 27 authors - 27 Jun 2005
    GERMAN and Israeli diplomats say they are shocked that a group of Singapore high school students have chosen Adolf Hitler for the their team ...
    German-Israeli embassies condemn students' idolising of Hitler

German-Israeli embassies condemn students' idolising of Hitler
    Jul 1, 2005 – THE German and Israeli embassies in Singapore have expressed shock over a group of local high school students choosing Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler for the ... (misdirected) choice of Adolf Hitler as a 'great leader'," they said.

the country concerned also has good relations with israel and indeed defence cooperation ..... so are you also suggesting israel should reconsider selling defence products there ? great research !

jewish communities have taken refuge in various places in india for literally centuries - those who want to return to israel are not in any way obstructed and even today many jewish communities seek to have places of residence and worship in india - and that is a new modern-day phenomenon

just as india also allowed ARAB children from Iraq and their teachers to take refuge in inda just before the desert-shield war in iraq

our relationship with both arab and israeli peoples and govts is SOLID and a keyboard -commando from CCP is not gonna shake that !