Hindutva supporters oppose asia's largest slaughterhouse in Morba

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ashdoc, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

3. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

4. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

All the protestors must be slaughtered first in that same slaughterhouse.

5. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

I have a better solution.

Make them starve for 30 days and then give them only beef kababs to eat. The scene would be spectacular!

6. fallenwarrior

fallenwarrior Regular Member

Hope your better solution extends to pork too sir!

every individual has every right to protest against anything that hurts a him,so does a group!
    even a group with a hindutva agenda!

Also sir I would like to know: do you condemn the "Sepoy Mutiny" in the same breathe since the circumstances leading to its eruptions are somewhat similar to what you propose!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
    Shredder, lion, sob and 1 other person like this.
  7. arnabmit

arnabmit Homo Communis Indus Senior Member

Yeah! I love pork! Just cooked and ate vindaloo for dinner. Protest away as much as you want, as long as you stay within the boundaries of law and order.

What these "go mata" brigade do not understand is that a few hundred years ago most Indians ate beef as a delicacy. Most tribal people still do. It's only when killing cows were no longer an economic viable option, that someone came up with the bright idea that elevate cows to the level of gods, to stop their consumption.

This is what happens when people start taking religion at face value, without trying to figure out the reason or logic behind it.

amoy likes this.
  8. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

I do think the secular brigade loses their mind when trying to attack any religious sentiment. The law and order does matter, however the sentiment of the people should matter too.

I don't mind people eating beef since it is only forbidden in Hindu religion, that to more of a cultural forbidding than a Shastriya forbidding; and since I have grown up in WB under tutelage of Lefties. However, particularly in case of Hindus, the culture means more and rooted to the blood. It is the same WB culture that prevents me from getting angry on cow-slaughter; but I have seen the opposite does run deep in many Hindibelt states, and in western states.

Further, religion should not be taken on face value, but one cannot go seeking for logic in every thing related to religion, either. After all, religion is about faith not science.

9. peacecracker

peacecracker Regular Member

LOL! He was imagining you are a Musalman, in his rebuttal with "Pork" :)

10. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

And you are some authority on Hindu culture ????

Again, you may love pork, but there are others who would rather not and their protests would literally explode on the streets.

11. sydsnyper

sydsnyper Senior Member Senior Member

...would they also make it to your dinner table?

12. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Actually, I think he doesn't claim to be an authority in Hindu culture, and being a Bengali, he actually cannot have much exposure to the larger Hindu culture that is dominant in Northern and western hindi-circle. The Bane of Hinduism in WB has been the teaching of leftists for over 3 decades which influenced a huge no. of young educated minds who have in turn taken over almost all important education/social stages and spreading the one-sided secularism to the coming generation. Hence, in WB hindus have survived but hinduism has faltered, and actually in any issue, if one starts arguing in favour of Hinduism, he will become a pariah in intellectual circle. For the matter, Shri arnabmit may sometimes criticise muslims in this forum, but i am sure in real life and in any intellectual forum he would not make the mistake.

Actually, I would not be surprised if in 20-25 yrs down the road 'merge with Bangladesh' struggle starts in WB. The Bengalis in WB doesn't only suffer from Camel syndrome, they suffer from severe case of amnesia too.

parijataka likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.