Hindus don't need to prove Ganesha is God

blank_quest

Country flag
The problem is Zakir Naik has opened the Pandora's Box! He seems to be self appointed clergy for comparative religion. Now when people try to answer back it becomes a kind of "My 'A' is Better and Bigger than Yours 'B'". This has become a nonsense DICK fight!

panduranghari

ignoring these type of persons is the best answer, I dont need to prove anything to any one, i just pray to Ganesh ji, that is all.
Hindu community have got here due to the persistent ignorance of Hindu community. By saying we do not need to prove anything we are encouraging a wrong type of individual to control the discourse.

If Z N was a willing to engage in a debate, I am certain there would be many scholars of Hinduism who would agree to debate him. He is however unwilling to debate. He may be a savant of the quran. But he is no savant of other religions.

natarajan

Just imagine some one instead of zakir naik someone nair bashing islam or christian god ,we can more aggressive protest than "innocence of muslims" with that nair getting killed and justified by main media but fortunately zakir naik is bashing hinduism ,tolerant one hence he is alive and can still conduct meetings which is not at all possible anywhere in world except secular india

SPIEZ

Country flag
the Brahmin bas*****, forgot to provide the proof when teaching the Vedas, it's their fault. :troll:

Tronic

The Indian media represents him as a 'moderate muslim'.He is anything but that.
You see his speeches,he will defend wife beating,osama bin laden,burkhas,segregation,polygamy and what not!

This is the deception and the hypocrisy of secular media when they ignore the true muslim reformers and brand a fundamentalist like Zakir Naik as a moderate!
Indian media is not secular. :laugh:

Tronic

Hindu's (Sanatan dhrama ) don't need to prove any thing ...We are not base less
On the contrary, you can't prove anything, just like Zakir Naik can't prove all that BS he spews is true. That's the beauty of religion, it's a dick measuring contest carried out by a bunch of snakes.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
On the contrary, you can't prove anything, just like Zakir Naik can't prove all that BS he spews is true. That's the beauty of religion, it's a dick measuring contest carried out by a bunch of snakes.
Do I need to prove my faith in order to follow my religion ? No!

OTOH Law strictly prohibits such jokers to spew venom against any religion, and unfortunately Jihadi type people follow him, even many voters too.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
It is tempting to agree with the author's analysis that when people pray to Ganesha, they are not really praying to some elephant headed God sitting in the sky, but to the personification of the quest for knowledge.

However if that is true, why do the prayers end at the conclusion of the 10 or 14 day Ganeshotsav and why is the personification of knowledge submerged in the sea? How many devotees really make that distinction?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
It is tempting to agree with the author's analysis that when people pray to Ganesha, they are not really praying to some elephant headed God sitting in the sky, but to the personification of the quest for knowledge.

However if that is true, why do the prayers end at the conclusion of the 10 or 14 day Ganeshotsav and why is the personification of knowledge submerged in the sea? How many devotees really make that distinction?
Your ignorance to common Hindu way of life is profound. Have you ever been to any Hindu home? The common people's home? Not the uber elites. In a common hindu's home you most definitely will find a shrine devoted to our Dev & Devis, where everyday puja is offered, prayer is made. Well, not with so much colour and pomp as during Ganesha Utsav, as that is not practical to carry on day to day life. For that we have temples, where we go to pray on special occasions. See either Hindu religion or in extension, it's dev and devis are not as stuck up as other gods in other religion, and they don't claim our obeisance at every step. But our gods are never far from us. In every endeavour we pray their blessings. That is a short example of a Hindu.

And immersion of Idol is a way of saying goodbye to Shri Ganesha from the festival and celebration, not from our lives. He is always with us, and the period of Ganesha Utsav is our way of celebrating his glory with a grand fashion, that displays our prosperity which has come because of knowledge we have received by his blessing.

Is it required for every person to logically dissect his faith? Whether distinction is made or not, only the rarest of fools believe that on the hall of examination the deva will himself write the papers or make a stupid deal to make profit. Well, thankfully those fools convert themselves!!!

Global Defence

Articles