Hinduism a scientifically proven religion !!

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
You don't need science to find faith in religion.

D

Drona

[URL="http://defenceforumindia.com/religion-culture/25125-hinduism-scientifically-proven-religion.html"][/URL]I would like to describe this as, " Hinduism is a life style having deep integration of faith and culture which also facilitates the study and the application of science with the scope of change within Hinduism.
or
When Albert Einstein said,
"The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the
mysterious. It is the underlying principle of religion as well as all serious endeavor in art
and science."
I think this better way to describe relation between Hinduism and science.

Zoravar

Honestly all religions have some kind of science attached to it,even practices such as circumsion (pracited in Islam) was found to decrease rates of sexually transmitted diseases in Africa,and there are many other things .For example some people say having steel near you at night helps prevent bad dreams,and so that's the justification given for wearing a kara.There are many other such relations between religion and science.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Actually it is all about culture and place where religions were born. A lot of local practices get entwined with religious practices.
A lot of it is to do with common sense, and some a lot of research done by the people of the time. India having a rich and ancient civilization and home to the Hindus for over 3000 years calls it Hindu science. The Arabs had theirs, the Egyptians had theirs, the Persians had theirs. That is how civilizations evolved an prospered.

Sabir

DFI TEAM
The bit of science has come from observation. That is more linked with normal life of people. Linking it with any religion I think illogical.

Adux

Country flag
Religion and Science......What has the world come to

sandipkghosh

There are 3 levels of understanding of any religion.

1. The ritualistic part

2. The Karmic part of activity part - or the way of life

3. The knowledge part.

The resilience of a religion is mostly dependent on the knowledge part. This is the part which is the base. The other two changes with time and space.

As far as I understand, in Hinduism, the knowledge part is the strongest and is based on sound logic. It give the macro understanding of the present science and the future science.

This is the only religion which encourages followers to question the belief till one is satisfied and convinced. The Upanishads and Gita are the same - question and answer sessions between guru and disciple.

Because the knowledge part is so strong, it has been able to withstand the onslaught over the 1000s of years from various other religions.

The facade the general people see is the 1st part mostly and partly the second one. However these are subject to time and space and vary enormously across geography and time. However in ancient time the first 2 parts were derived from the 3rd one - but again to suit the time and society of those times.

So i would suggest readers to focus on the 3rd part more to understand what hinduism is.

Advance wishes for deepawali.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I certainly have no doubt on the topic. Its richness is the main contributory source to our own ancient philosophy in Buddhist Dharma. :namaste:

johnee

Again running to foreigner for approval.

If the same has been said by an Indian would it have been wrong ?

Exactly what I thought. It is surprising how many things we tend to have same views excepting, of course, the constant hindu-bashing by using the caste-card.

In anycase religion is a piece of wank.
An athiest, by the very definition must be oppossed to all religions equally. However, in India, a new kind of trickery has come into vogue, i.e. some scum abuse the hinduism in vilest manner and then they cunningly use the pretense of atheism to prempt or deflect the criticism. These cowardly rascals never dare to speak a single word against any other religion(particularly christianity & mohamedanism). I hope you are a genuine athiest who can raise his voice against all beliefs with same promptness & enthusiasm.

Last edited:

agentperry

first and last thing....

HINDUISM IS NOT A MISSIONARY RELIGION.... THESE THINGS ARE PR FOR MISSIONARY RELIGION AND NOT FOR HINDUism

agentperry

If Hinduism is to survive, it has to acquire missionary traits (and also become more egalitarian)
it survived islam and christianity. both missionary.
it kept itself intact when buddhism, jainism and sikhism rose up. no need to worry

Param

Exactly what I thought. It is surprising how many things we tend to have same views excepting, of course, the constant hindu-bashing by using the caste-card.

An athiest, by the very definition must be oppossed to all religions equally. However, in India, a new kind of trickery has come into vogue, i.e. some scum abuse the hinduism in vilest manner and then they cunningly use the pretense of atheism to prempt or deflect the criticism. These cowardly rascals never dare to speak a single word against any other religion(particularly christianity & mohamedanism). I hope you are a genuine athiest who can raise his voice against all beliefs with same promptness & enthusiasm.
Religion is crap. God is an A####le.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles