Hinduism a scientifically proven religion !!

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Not quite. Of all the so called offshoots of Hinduism, the most successful has been Buddhism, more than even Hinduism. Of course royal patronage by Ashoka was largely responsible.
Asoka was the first evangelist in a sense. The concept of sending missionaries to far away lands to spread one's religion and philosophy was unknown before his time (correct me if I'm wrong).

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
"Scientifically proven religion" is such a delicious oxymoron.:laugh:

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Civic Sikhism is a genesis of Hindu thought modelled to provide national security to people in the region of punjab .One of the best things to happen to India before Gandhi.Each of the failed in the long term before gandhi
Quite frankly I don't know enough about Sikhism to make any further judgments on this matter.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
@Mods thanks for editing the title i was going to ask for it!!

Back to the topic,

it should be called a scientific way of life, and not a scientifically proven religion, i titled it as the original video has the same.

@ The Messiah

We always tell about the scientific aspects of Hinduism but people who have western superiority complex ask for such foreign confirmations, by the way he is not telling any new thing in that video, we all know the facts he is telling.

Hinduism is shit.
Jainism is shit.
Islam is shit.
Christianity is shit.
Sikhism is shit.
Judaism is shit.
Buddhism is shit.
Taoism is shit.
Shinto is shit.
Bahá'í Faith is shit.
Cao Dai is shit.
Cheondoism is shit.
Tenrikyo is shit.
Wicca is shit.
Seicho-no-Ie is shit.
Rastafari movement is shit.
Unitarian Universalism is shit.

And im not a communist nor an atheist.
Almost 98% of the people of the world follow one of the religions you mentioned, so they are not sh!t though religion creates grounds for discrimination. Until we replace religion by secular laws we'll have to follow one of those religions.But i don't see it happening in the near future as people who are following rigid and extremist religions wont accept such secular laws.The religion you are following might be a sh!t as you said, it's your thought i don't know about it and i wont comment on it, but definitely my religion (Hinduism) is not a sh!t.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Hinduism is still being followed in the land where it was originated thousands of years ago, and the most important factor for it's continuity & consistency is its scientific aspects.

Hinduism appears to be an "Open Source" code, you are free to follow or reject the rules you like, yes caste system and societies are pushing it back in the time. But nowadays people are accepting inter-caste marriages and rejecting the caste system. Special Marriage Act, Dowry Prohibition Act etc. has changed it a lot.I believe in the near future caste system will be totally rejected.

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
Hinduism has lost most of its practical value. On one end you have the majority of Hindus with little or no understanding of the underlying Vedic philosophy who blindly follow superstitions and who think performing some pooja will solve all their problems. On the other end you have RSS lunatics and the like who have hijacked Hinduism for their own brand of ultranationalism. The people in the middle, the educated secular Hindus who apply, follow, and understand the Vedic principles and stay away from "religious" bullshit, are a small minority.

Hinduism was conceived as more a way of life than a religion; its purpose was to bring order and stability to society through dharma, i.e. Natural Law. Every human being, despite the vast diversity of life, followed the same basic path which consisted of three phases each with its own objective, i.e. artha, kama, and moksa. The application of dharma in all one's actions would allow one to progress through these stages and eventually reach the Supreme Aim of Self-Realization, the knowledge that atman, one's individual self, is indeed the Universal Spirit (brahman). This realization is also called nihsreyasa. A person who has achieved this is thus free of his Natural Duty, his dharma, and is considered a realized man or jivanmukta. This is the goal and purpose of the Vedic tradition.
I agree with your First hand which said Hindus have no understanding of their own way of life.

But what about your second hand that said RSS as lunatics ?
If you call RSS a lunatics which try to teach Hindus what their real Vedas and practice preaches as LUNATICS then how will you achieve your first hand ??? They not only teach Hinduism but also carry out various social and economical welfare policies.

All that you said about Vedic are 1000's of year old and our veda adapts to time and is dynamic hence proved successful and allowed us to survey 1000's of years even when great civilizations are turned to dust. We usually compare China/Egypt civilization to that of India please answer which was chinas early way of life and where it is now ? and same to Egypt ? can you remember ????

That's the different

@ The Messiah
If every thing is $h!t for you and you are not communist nor an atheist i have understood the meaning of $h!t

Iamanidiot

Well of course. If caste system continues, over a period of time, almost all the not-so-pampered castes will convert and the ones that will remain Hindu will be the exclusively-and-malignantly-pampered castes only, but, as a handful minority.
I have seen this phenomenon happening in two places Bengal and Kerala.In Kerala the nambhoodris are the main reason which gave an opening to the missionaries where as in Bengal the sufi's got the opening

Last edited:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
They are a communalist organisation that poses a direct threat to the national security of the Republic of India, and in fact they have already been banned in India three times for such. The only reason why they haven't been eliminated entirely is because they enjoy substantial support among certain parts of the population and because Hinduism is the religion of the majority. If Muslims or even Christians formed a similar organization we know what will happen.
And to your info They played active role in forming Republic of India and have even taken part in Republic day parade for their help rendered during 1962 WAR and they are first in most disaster relief and they have constructed more Houses for flood victim's than any other organization.

Again Hinduism is not a religion by far it's way of life that made us the worlds oldest living active religion/culture.

There are 100 of Muslim and Christian Political party in INDIA leaving various missionaries for now and we openly know what they preach and support and those good old day's of "Loving Father of church" and "Leader of Mosque" have been sidelined by rich missionaries supported by external forces and Radicals Islam followers respectively. But in Muslim i see sincere commitment to their belief and are less manipulated than in church.

Galaxy

Country flag
Hinduism has lost most of its practical value. On one end you have the majority of Hindus with little or no understanding of the underlying Vedic philosophy who blindly follow superstitions and who think performing some pooja will solve all their problems. On the other end you have RSS lunatics and the like who have hijacked Hinduism for their own brand of ultranationalism. The people in the middle, the educated secular Hindus who apply, follow, and understand the Vedic principles and stay away from "religious" bullshit, are a small minority.

Hinduism was conceived as more a way of life than a religion; its purpose was to bring order and stability to society through dharma, i.e. Natural Law. Every human being, despite the vast diversity of life, followed the same basic path which consisted of three phases each with its own objective, i.e. artha, kama, and moksa. The application of dharma in all one's actions would allow one to progress through these stages and eventually reach the Supreme Aim of Self-Realization, the knowledge that atman, one's individual self, is indeed the Universal Spirit (brahman). This realization is also called nihsreyasa. A person who has achieved this is thus free of his Natural Duty, his dharma, and is considered a realized man or jivanmukta. This is the goal and purpose of the Vedic tradition.
Your post doesn't even deserve answer.

Hinduism started many thousand years back and RSS not even 100 years. If every Hindu will think like you then India will become Islamic state and blasphemy law against Hindu will be there.

RSS is doing what is important. They talk about country and religion and not the other way. Nothing has changed about Hinduism. It's same like thousand year back.

Vishalsk

I am so glad I found this forum !

I think one hour everyday on this forum will keep me happy for good

blueblood

"India is only for Hindus".

For those who haven't attended any shakha or been to any march, this is RSS for you. These guys have a tough time letting go the things of the past. They are not nationalists but ultra nationalists. They don't preach you the peaceful side of Hinduism but the radical side. For them, regardless of the progress and development, Hinduism is always in danger. I don't know what sort of world you guys live in because in my world Hindutvavadis are as much pain in the ass as the mullahs demanding Shariyat in India.

Unfortunately, people need RSS to check pseudo secular parties like congress, SP and DMK.

Vyom

Seeker
To those finding solace in bashing caste system, they need to know how castes were created and for what purpose, then they need to know how caste was used by power hungry people to their advantage and then they can understand it is not the caste system at fault, but its blatant misuse. Castes were simply the means of identifying peoples lineage.

Other than that the philosophy of the Sanatan Dharm goes beyond science. Science is not the superset of knowledge. Now this gives the right foundation to discuss how much science can explain the philosophy of the Sanatan Dharm, and how much of it is known only by realization.

pmaitra

To those finding solace in bashing caste system, they need to know how castes were created and for what purpose, then they need to know how caste was used by power hungry people to their advantage and then they can understand it is not the caste system at fault, but its blatant misuse. Castes were simply the means of identifying peoples lineage.

Other than that the philosophy of the Sanatan Dharm goes beyond science. Science is not the superset of knowledge. Now this gives the right foundation to discuss how much science can explain the philosophy of the Sanatan Dharm, and how much of it is known only by realization.
I do find solace in bashing the caste system. Please share with us how castes were created and provide more details?

trackwhack

Hinduism is shit.
Jainism is shit.
Islam is shit.
Christianity is shit.
Sikhism is shit.
Judaism is shit.
Buddhism is shit.
Taoism is shit.
Shinto is shit.
Bahá'í Faith is shit.
Cao Dai is shit.
Cheondoism is shit.
Tenrikyo is shit.
Wicca is shit.
Seicho-no-Ie is shit.
Rastafari movement is shit.
Unitarian Universalism is shit.

And im not a communist nor an atheist.
So you are trying to say Zoroastrianism is the true religion huh :whistle: :lol:

Not mocking any reliogion, just poking a hole in you elaborate post ... hehe
There are many other you missed.

btw. I am a Catholic and I think Hinduism has more truth in it than Christianity

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
So you are trying to say Zoroastrianism is the true religion huh :whistle: :lol:

Not mocking any reliogion, just poking a hole in you elaborate post ... hehe
There are many other you missed.

btw. I am a Catholic and I think Hinduism has more truth in it than Christianity
You are right...there are so many that one would go insane.

Now if one were to believe that God really told man about religion then why would he give different religions to different regions with different belief patterns ?

Person should use common sense and basic human rights rather than follow meaningless rituals. The basic values of todays major religions are similar but it gets muddier when you go deeper into it.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Religion is a prison that your born into, if there is a teaching that is true then it will only teach you how to be free unconditionally. Freedom does not mean freedom to kill someone or destroy your neighbor, that is how religions and ideologies interprets freedom so that it can sell you its rules and bind us,divide us and put us against each other.

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
"India is only for Hindus".

For those who haven't attended any shakha or been to any march, this is RSS for you. These guys have a tough time letting go the things of the past. They are not nationalists but ultra nationalists. They don't preach you the peaceful side of Hinduism but the radical side. For them, regardless of the progress and development, Hinduism is always in danger. I don't know what sort of world you guys live in because in my world Hindutvavadis are as much pain in the ass as the mullahs demanding Shariyat in India.

Unfortunately, people need RSS to check pseudo secular parties like congress, SP and DMK.

Hooo fine how many saba have you attended ?

I ask you 1 small think if what you say is true that RSS is sooooooo into ultra nationalists and preach only so called "radical side" of Hinduism i dont know where you got the word and also if they cant be eliminated as they enjoy popular support of Hindu, please answer the following.

* Which all other MUSLIM country provide Haj subside ? [How did RSS let this happen ?]
* How did APJ kalam je become president in 86% Hindu population ? [Show me where the so called ultra-nationalists opposed him ?]
* Our Muslim brothers population in INDIA raised about 4% from independence why the same is not happening in other places eg Pak or BD where it actually declined more than 17% ?? [Why did ultra-nationalists not opposed it ?]
* How come Muslim brothers are allowed to offer Namaz on road with out any trouble even travelers wait for them to complete before crossing road ? and do you know who stopped The Zakat Foundation of India from banning this please search you will be surprised [Why did the hate preacher RSS allow this ?]
* Why does a Hindu cant have more than 1 wife and others can and why can we bring UC Code ? [Why the Evil RSS did not protest ?]

I can quote many more but whats the point ?

AND I AM PROUD INDIAN FOR ALL THE ABOVE POINTS, EXPECT FOR UCC AND I AM SECULAR NOT SUCKULAR AS SOME

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Hooo fine how many saba have you attended ?

I ask you 1 small think if what you say is true that RSS is sooooooo into ultra nationalists and preach only so called "radical side" of Hinduism i dont know where you got the word and also if they cant be eliminated as they enjoy popular support of Hindu, please answer the following.

* Which all other MUSLIM country provide Haj subside ? [How did RSS let this happen ?]
* How did APJ kalam je become president in 86% Hindu population ? [Show me where the so called ultra-nationalists opposed him ?]
* Our Muslim brothers population in INDIA raised about 4% from independence why the same is not happening in other places eg Pak or BD where it actually declined more than 17% ?? [Why did ultra-nationalists not opposed it ?]
* How come Muslim brothers are allowed to offer Namaz on road with out any trouble even travelers wait for them to complete before crossing road ? and do you know who stopped The Zakat Foundation of India from banning this please search you will be surprised [Why did the hate preacher RSS allow this ?]
* Why does a Hindu cant have more than 1 wife and others can and why can we bring UC Code ? [Why the Evil RSS did not protest ?]

I can quote many more but whats the point ?

AND I AM PROUD INDIAN FOR ALL THE ABOVE POINTS, EXPECT FOR UCC AND I AM SECULAR NOT SUCKULAR AS SOME
:violin: :violin: :violin:

Mr.Ryu

Country flag
You are right...there are so many that one would go insane.

Now if one were to believe that God really told man about religion then why would he give different religions to different regions with different belief patterns ?

Person should use common sense and basic human rights rather than follow meaningless rituals. The basic values of todays major religions are similar but it gets muddier when you go deeper into it.
Thats why i told it's way of life why do we have different dress from west ?
Why our food habit is different ?
Why our culture is different ?

We are all humans you agree right east or west then why we have this difference ????? They too have 1 heart 1 brain but why the difference in habit ?

Religion = Love it's simple

Ya i agree one must use common sense and stop meaningless rituals, But can you point one Ritual that is meaning less said under Rig veda ? every Ritual has it's share of truth and false the purpose of false is to make the truth happen i cant explain in words how this works sorry.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles