Hindu women should produce at least 5 kids: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Neo, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Neo

Neo Senior Member Senior Member

Hindu women should produce at least 5 kids: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj

Bharatiya Janata Party MP Sakshi Maharaj has triggered yet another controversy by saying all Hindu women must produce at least five children in order to protect the future of Hinduism.

He made the comment while addressing a gathering of saints at the second Sant Samagam Mahotsava in Meerut on Tuesday evening.

"Now that the good days have come, we will not allow four wives and forty children in the country," the Unnao MP said at the gathering.

Speaking on the issue of conversion, he said neither he nor his party is in favour of it and suggested that a special law should be enacted against conversion.

He, however, defended the issue of 'ghar wapsi' or recoversion saying there is nothing wrong with it.

"It is a good work. Maharshi Dayanand was the first person who facilitated 'ghar wapsi'. The process of 'ghar wapsi' and "shuddhikaran" (purification), existed in past and it will go on," he asserted.

He did not stop there and said those who are involved in cow slaughtering would be given capital punishment.

Sadhvi Prachi and other saints also addressed the gathering and called upon Hindus to unite for their better future.

Sakshi Maharaj was earlier at the centre of a controversy after he described Mahatma Gandhi's assassin Nathuram Godse as a "patriot". He later apologised for his comments.

http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Eve...-kids-Sakshi-Maharaj/articleshow/45782862.cms

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  3. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

People might agree or not agree, but it's his idea and he is expressing it, he has the freedom to do so! :D

Mad Indian likes this.
  4. Neo

Sakshi defends ‘four kids’ remark amid backlash

BJP parliamentarian Sakshi Maharaj on Wednesday defended his remarks that Hindu women should have at least four children to “protect” their religion, showing no remorse for the backlash on social media and political opponents’ demand for an explanation from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

“Why has the PM maintained silence? Is this the new population policy of India? The country wants to know, the nation wants an answer,” said Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi.

Maharaj who last month called Mahatma Gandhi’s assassin Nathuram Godse a patriot, a comment for which he had to apologise in Parliament, told a religious gathering on Tuesday that Hindus should see it as their duty to have large families because a particular community has been maintaining its age-old practice of “four wives and 40 children”.

“We have accepted the slogan ‘Hum do, hamare ek’. But others are still maintaining their old perception of large families. The situation has reached an alarming stage and so I want to request women to give birth to at least four children,” said the saffron-clad MP from Uttar Pradesh.

Speaking at Kanpur railway station on Wednesday, he said the statement was made in the interest of the country. “If a Hindu has four children, one can work for the country, one can protect the borders, one can join the RSS and one can serve the parents.”

The Janata Dal (United) took a jibe at the Sangh Parivar and asked its leaders to lead by example. “There should not be any difference in what they say and what they do … all members of the Sangh. It should be mandatory for them to get married and produce four children,” party leader KC Tyagi said.

RSS pracharaks are required to take a vow of celibacy.

Maharaj’s remarks indicate Modi’s restraint order against rabble-rouser MPs had little effect on him.

Uttar Pradesh BJP chief Laxmikant Bajpayee said fresh directions would be issued to the MP not to make controversial statements.

Maharaj has also warned that capital punishment would be awarded to those involved in cow slaughter and defended the spate of conversions to Hinduism.

Sakshi defends ‘four kids’ remark amid backlash - Hindustan Times

5. Neo

He also called Mahatma Gandhi’s assassin Nathuram Godse a patriot, a comment for which he had to apologise in Parliament.

6. Free Karma

Free Karma Senior Member Senior Member

Good I suppose the matter was solved then, no machine guns and death involved.

maomao, VIP, Mad Indian and 2 others like this.
  7. Nicky G

Nicky G Senior Member Senior Member

Its a request, not a law or a diktat. He has every right to express his opinion.

The media and opposition can whine all they want.

8. DingDong

DingDong Senior Member Senior Member

We don't care as long as he doesn't issue a Fatwa asking his followers to behead somebody or bomb a public place.

maomao, VIP, Mad Indian and 5 others like this.
  9. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

I find his comment atrocious, but I don't see why there is so much hullabaloo over a personal opinion? He has a right to be an idiot, why so much media shitstorm? Missionaries, Mullahs and sundry other characters yammer such crap all the time.

maomao, VIP, Mad Indian and 3 others like this.
  10. dastan

dastan Regular Member

Media did a good job by spreading the word lol

maomao likes this.
  11. Sylex21

Sylex21 Regular Member

Going to have to play devil's advocate here. The last thing we need is someone important influencing the poor and stupid to start having 5 kids. I dream of a day where everyone is on birth control by law and you need to go through the same process you have to go through to adopt a child, before you can get off birth control and actually have one. (yes not realistic unless 100+ years from now).

More realistic solution for India should be, either heavily tax or give large tax incentives to couples with 3 or less kids.

On a personal note I want you all to know I practice what I preach. I am not just an Indian advocating lower population I have actively done so in my life. Till date I have participated in 100's if not 1000's of attempts to make children, but chosen to not actually produce one despite a never ending variety of women and wild and questionable bedroom practices some religions would call .................."scandalous".

12. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

@Neo,

This is not Pakistan, where Hafiz Saed can run amock and free and praised. And Osama hidden and the world lied about till the US exposed the lie.

This is India.

This idiot, Shakshi Maharaj has been condemned, showcaused and maybe suspended.

Got the difference, chum?

And as usual, you post an article and give no comments!

Leopards cannot change their spots, can they?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Abhijat likes this.
  13. sasi

sasi Senior Member Senior Member

DingDong and maomao like this.
  14. ezsasa

ezsasa Senior Member Senior Member

There is a continuation to his statement that the media is not highlighting. Of the four kids he had asked one to be dedicated to the army and the other to be a sadhu.

15. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

Charity begins at home. Can Shakshi Maharaj do the same ? A sadhvi also gave the same opinion, can she have 5 pregnancy within her fertile period of life ?

16. nrj

nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

Have 10 kids, but make sure you are capable to raise them properly in this screwed up economy.