Hindu spiritual leader kidnapped in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think its about time i realize i have stretched the hospitality afforded to me by this forum..............Good bye DFI.
If you are offended by my efforts to keep the thread on topic then I am sorry but that's what is enjoined upon me irresp.

Abir

@Karthic : It's true the secularism that India follows is flawed but the only system that can replace it is some-kind of 'Semitic' version of Hinduism, a well-organized, focused, with us or against us version as followed by Sangh parivar.

As majority of Indians don't subscribe to it so without an option of better replacement we got to stick to the present system and make corrective action inclusively.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I think its about time i realize i have stretched the hospitality afforded to me by this forum..............Good bye DFI.
SATA sirji come on........Your contribution to this forum has been immense........Don't do this well all need you here!!:happy_8:

KS

Bye bye DFI
@Karthic : It's true the secularism that India follows is flawed but the only system that can replace it is some-kind of 'Semitic' version of Hinduism, a well-organized, focused, with us or against us version as followed by Sangh parivar.

As majority of Indians don't subscribe to it so without an option of better replacement we got to stick to the present system and make corrective action inclusively.
Contrary to what you might think based on my posts here and elsewhere, I dont subscribe to the notion of a HINDU REPUBLIC OF INDIA. Let there be no doubts on it.

All I want is the 'flaws' that you mentioned which are existing in the Indian model of secularism be rectified and the true ideal of our constitution -'All are equal irrespective of religion" be implemented. I am sure you would agree to that and also concede that right now, its not the case.

Flint

Karthik Sri -given that the vast majority of us are Hindus - it is unlikely that we will ever be "perfectly" secular (nor is it desirable IMO). We need to protect the essential character of our country, which is based upon cultural ideas and attitudes that date back millenna before the coming of Abrahmic faiths - that are today expressed in the native Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and to a large extent, Sikh religions and even in native interpretations of Christian and Islamic sects..

So even though we are destined to remain secular as per the constitution, the balance is likely to tilt (and has started to tilt) towards certain laws that reflect the beliefs and moral values of the majority.

Last edited:

KS

Bye bye DFI
Karthik Sri -given that the vast majority of us are Hindus - it is unlikely that we will ever be "perfectly" secular (nor is it desirable IMO). We need to protect the essential character of our country, which is based upon cultural ideas and attitudes that date back millenna before the coming of Abrahmic faiths - that are today expressed in the native Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and to a large extent, Sikh religions and even in native interpretations of Christian and Islamic sects..

So even though we are destined to remain secular as per the constitution, the balance is likely to tilt (and has started to tilt) towards certain laws that reflect the beliefs and moral values of the majority.
That would be the ideal case. Irrespective of what religion you follow you are rooted in the 'culture' of this land. Note - culture and religion are two very different words.

But that is not the case now with the intellegentsia,media and majority of the poilitical parties hopelessly tilted towards the Abrahamic minorities. My contention is even if the ideal position of yours is not achieved atleast implement a France type secularism where religion is strictly kept out from state.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Kartic sri with due respect i would like to know few examples from you where our nation has not served the true equality or secularism. Before you give me few examples (cause i know i have already gone through many you are going post) i would like to tell you that your examples are going to lack face value, like spilling the beans for minor cause and is against the bigger picture India has drawn so far.
Let us discuss on your examples if discussing Indian secularism is now a prestige issue with Pakistani problems. I waiting for your post.
Regards.

KS

Bye bye DFI
Kartic sri with due respect i would like to know few examples from you where our nation has not served the true equality or secularism. Before you give me few examples (cause i know i have already gone through many you are going post) i would like to tell you that your examples are going to lack face value, like spilling the beans for minor cause and is against the bigger picture India has drawn so far.
Let us discuss on your examples if discussing Indian secularism is now a prestige issue with Pakistani problems. I waiting for your post.
Regards.
Sikhs getting slaughered in thousands = A MISTAKE.
hind us getting killed in Kashmir = Political problem.
muslims getting killed by a few hundred = Holocaust.
Poor protestors getting shot in WB under Left Govt = Misunderstanding.

Banning Parzania in Gujarat = Communal.
Banning Da Vinci Code and Jo Bole So Nihaal = Secular.

Reservations in every school and college on caste lines = Secular. Reservations in Minority institutions = Communal.

Fake encounters in Gujarat [Sohrabuddin] = BJP Communalism.
Fake encounters under Cong-NCP in Maharashtra [Khwaja Younus] = Police atrocity.

Talking about hindus and hinduism appeasment = Communal. Talking about mu slims and Islam = Secular.

BJP freeing 3 terrorists to save 100 Indian hostages = Shameful
Congress freeing 4 militants to save just a life of one daughter of I Home minister in Kashmir [Rubina Sayed] = Natural Political dilemma.

Attack on Parliament = BJP ineptitude. Not hanging Afzal Guru the mastermind despite Supreme Court orders = Humanity and Political dilemma.

BJP questioning Islam = Communal. Congress questioning Lord Ramas existance = Clerical Error.

Remove the Congress ,BJP and see the events.You will get to know .

Also add to this mix opposition to Danish cartoonist on the grounds it affects the sentiments of Muslims while vociferously defending the old hag MF Hussain.

The PDP (Kerala version) whose leader was convicted in the serial bomb blasts in Coimbatore is considered a 'secular' leader for the Left to keep alliance with them. Also another example is those accused in the hacking the hand off Prof Joseph are winning elections in Kerala with no one to question them.
Then is the comedy(tragedy) of Asimuddin Owaisi of a blatanly commmunal party giving interview on National television on the nuances of Secularism. My foot.

Then comes the Haj subsidies.Tell me is there any subsidy for me to go to Kashi or Badrinath ??

More recently the Ayodhya Judgement was denounced as victory of Faith over Law. Pray tell me then what was the Shah Bano case ?

I can give you examples upon examples.But the question is will it convince you ?\

Also we are going way offtopic. Please opena thread or suggest a running thread where I can dicuss as Im new here.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
^^^^^^ Good Post............Bravo Karthic Sri !!!

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
guys back to topic, if you want to discuss about India please take the discussion to another thread.

KS

Bye bye DFI
^^^^^^ Good Post............Bravo Karthic Sri !!!
Thank you sire.

To be frank it pisses me to no extent when people become un-abashedly pro minority , start bashing everything Hindu and put a cloak of secularism on it justify their actions.

KS

Bye bye DFI
guys back to topic, if you want to discuss about India please take the discussion to another thread.
Sir I am new here. Is there any relevant thread to express my oopinions as I know I am going offtopic here.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
@Karthic Use Search, if you can't find a relevant thread then start one. And please read the rules and also remember that we are a defence forum.

Oracle

Has that Spiritual leader been released? Is Pakistan doing anything for the safe release of the spiritual leader?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
In the meanwhile thread closed for moderation.
Also reported for merger with the main thread on Treatment of minorities in Pak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles