Hindu Sisters beaten up for converting to Islam

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by ajtr, Jun 16, 2012.

1. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

Sisters beaten up for converting to Islam

[​IMG]

A south Kolkata girl, who has converted from Hinduism to Islam, and her sister who is also keen to convert, were beaten up allegedly by the associates of the local councillor. The girls have also alleged police inaction.

Vinita Shaw, 25, a resident of 57/2B Bondel Road, adopted Islam in December last year. Her new name, vide an affidavit by a first class magistrate is, Taiba Khatoon (The Indian Express possesses a copy of the affidavit). Her sister, 18-year-old Pooja Shaw, too, expressed her wish to follow suit last week.

The conversion apparently did not go down too well with their neighbours, who, on June 8, beat up the two sisters and their family, including her mother and brother, with bricks and rods.

“We are a very poor family. My father is paralytic and bed-ridden. These people started a fight on the pretext that we dirty the place too much. But when they started beating us, they said unmentionable things as I have converted,” said Vinita. She also alleged that both sisters were abused and molested.

Vinita also claimed harassment at the hands of the police.“I went to the police station with a written complaint against Asim Bera, Tapas Bera, Abhishek Malakar, Krishna Ray, Akash Ray, Manoj Singh, Bikas Singh and Birju Paswan but investigating officer D D Roy Chowdhury tore it up and wrote it himself. He even refused to give me a copy of the complaint and when I insisted, he asked the other officer there to give it to me, referring to me with unmentionable names,” she said.

Pooja is still admitted at a private hospital in Broad Street. “I did not want anyone to know that after my sister, I, too, wanted to convert but these people somehow got an air of it. They are close aides of the local councillor, which is why the police is not taking any action,” she said.

She also said that when her paternal uncle, Kanaiya Lal Shaw, who lives next door, came to their rescue, he was also roughed up. “My mother Munni Devi and one of my brothers who was with us at that time were also assaulted,” she said.

OC, Karaya, S N Majumdar said a case had been lodged in the incident but denied any police inaction. “I met the girls and if they had anything against any officers, they should have told me. Even now if they have any complaint against any officer, it should be given to me in writing and I will definitely look into it,” he said.

Councillor of Ward 65 Sushil Sharma said he did not know the girls. “I only happen to know some of the accused. I don’t even know the name of the complainant. I am a broad-minded person and would not interfere with anyone’s religious sentiments. Whoever is at fault should be brought to book,” he said.

3. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

Fine Bad thing happened. Agreed.

Wait a sec. What would have happened to the girls if they would have converted to Hinduism in lund of the pure pakistan? Per say, what would have happened to all the Hindus there? Leave that, your mard-e-momeen have been Raping, converting and Kidnapping Hindu girls as Maal-e-Gannimat for a long time. These BS tablighi activities never go well nowadays in India. Hell with your BS Baudouin culture!

4. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

Apostasy should be legal and legally protected, and this applies especially to countries where it carries a death sentence, in law and in practice.

Singh, amitkriit, mki and 2 others like this.
  5. Sunder singh

Sunder singh Regular Member

lets the girls live their own life constitution give then protection to follow an faith they want if it without force or any greed

6. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

Ajtr....Millions convert and you found one wrong example?? What happens if even one converted from Islam to Hindusim or Atheism in any Muslim country?

So who is better? Dont lie to yourself..

Raj30, mki and Tronic like this.
  7. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

At least some hindus are proud enough about their religion to beat up a convert to islam---nice to hear.....:thumb:

Raj30 and afako like this.
  8. warriorextreme

warriorextreme Senior Member Senior Member

what is this stupidity?? they should be allowed to convert to the faith they want....

9. pmaitra

You made a valid point, but if AJTR has chosen to highlight this one incident, then it is her prerogative IMHO. We all tend to be selective at times. It is quite well known that if this thing happened in Pakistan, that girl would probably have been dead or raped.

Raj30, Tronic and warriorextreme like this.
  10. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Re: Islamic rule in India will curb violent crimes, communal riots - Scholar

The question is why did they convert?

I am expecting yet to complete-love jihad or a brainwashing session,legally objectionable.

BTW
    @maomao and GK

People who wrote Islamic rigid laws knew it very well that some day they will convert back so they declared death sentence for apostate :lol: kyun ajtr?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
    Galaxy, Raj30, maomao and 2 others like this.
  11. pmaitra

^^
    Every religion is about brainwashing.

12. A chauhan

Certainly not ! There are many religions to whom people covert by mere attraction in good faith e.g. Sikhism i'll convert to it if i get a chance and i am not brainwashed.

Females from any community are the easiest targets for conversion,as by nature they are non violent that is why 4,000 Hindu to Muslim conversions happened in Kerala in just 4 years.

KS and maomao like this.
  13. pmaitra

Ok, that is a personal perspective. Not arguing on that.

Have you any link that supports what you said above?

14. A chauhan

There was a case in Kerala high court against love jihad where court accepted that conversions happened but seeing biased report of govt that conversions occured but it was not 'organized' didn't accept the case. However currently i am on mobile ,tomorrow search that link when i'll be on pc.

15. rock127

rock127 Maulana Rockullah Senior Member

And no one would ever know at all.... no wonder Hindus are hardly 1% in Pakistan now from about 20%.

AJTR is paranoid enough to look any news which sounds "anti-India" or "anti-Hindu" news all the day... AJTR is a Paki version of 50-cent.

maomao likes this.
  16. A chauhan

About 4,000 conversions to only Islam in just 4 years !!! and govt. said there was no organized efforts !! :shocked: it just went above my head! it means 83.33 conversions per month and still no organized efforts !! a common sound mind person can tell you it's an organized effort.

Edit: Why "Re: Islamic rule in India will curb violent crimes, communal riots - Scholar" appearing in the top of my post :wat: it should be "Re: Hindu Sisters beaten up for converting to Islam"

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2012
    maomao and Mad Indian like this.
  17. pmaitra

^^

Thanks for the information.

18. Mad Indian

Mad Indian Proud Bigot Veteran Member Senior Member

:shocked:

This is what will happen if minority appeasement continues :tsk:

Its time for minorities to wake up and give some respect for the Hindu religion :truestory:

amitkriit, Galaxy, Raj30 and 2 others like this.
  19. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Regular Member

Question:

Are Muslims permitted to force others into accepting Islam?

Summary Answer:

Muslims are commanded to fight unbelievers until they are either dead, converted to Islam, or in a permanent state of subjugation under Muslim domination. Allowing people of other faiths to live and worship independently of Islamic rule is not an option.
    Source
    Conversion of non-Muslim places of worship into mosques

Question:

Does Islam proscribe the death penalty for Muslims who wish to embrace another religion?

Summary Answer:
    Those who turn their back on Islam are to be executed. This is confirmed by the words and deeds of Muhammad. The only freedom of belief in Islam is the freedom to become Muslim.

Source

Did you just say Qur'an is stupid ?

amitkriit, Galaxy, rock127 and 3 others like this.
  20. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Good money is paid for conversion in these Muslim dominated areas in Kolkata where there is immense evangelism.

My maid's son was also approached and he was nearly on this way to find Salvation!

Nothing wrong.

Wherever one can chart a better life, even by conversion and getting money, so be it!

Religion does not fill empty stomachs or materialistic greed and desires!

Religion is cock-all, stomach is not!

Where has religion given one the basic amenities to live a decent life. Spiritual solace it has given and there is no quibble on that. But that does not fight hunger, does it?

amitkriit and maomao like this.
  21. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Yes.

It will ensure a way to Heaven.

A chauhan likes this.