Hindi as National Language?

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Dark Soul, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Dark Soul

Dark Soul Tihar Jail Banned

if we want to stay connected and one united country for more tjan 200 years,ne need to accept 2 Languages. English is only elites language and only 15% Indians can really use it. while Hindi is Unofficially Indian language.

"I am not from Hindi state but i ised hindi when i trawalled to different parts of India for 3 months I used Hindi (because i was not fluent with English at that time) and i got to know that everybody from HP to Kanyakumari can understand and speak at last 50% Hindi.

even today English is only spoken by some students (even Metro teens use Hingish ) but we have to admit thst There is a life beyond the academic block and
    Hindi is the only practical solution for
    breaking the language barrier.

I as a Non hindi speakers is ready to accept hindi as National language for our nation.

3. k murali

k murali Regular Member

Speaking at a Public Meeting on April 29, 1963 at Chennai Marina (Madras Marina) organized to oppose Hindi becoming the official language of India from January 26, 1965, Annadurai said,

"We will go to every part of Tamil Nadu and tell the people that Hindi is coming and that it is like a thunder strike on the heads of Tamil and Dravidian people.... If Hindi were to become the official language of India, Hindi-speaking people will govern us. We will be treated like third rate citizens".

Annadurai was brought to trial on December 5, 1963 for conspiracy to burn the Indian Constitution. Speaking in his defense, Annadurai said,

"Making a language (Hindi) that is the mother tongue of a region of India the official language for all the people of India is tyranny. We believe that it will give benefits and superiority to one region (the Hindi-speaking region).... This and future generations in non-Hindi areas will suffer immeasurable hardships... Making Hindi the official language of India would destroy the age old language and culture of Tamil Nadu".

You can learn much more about Hindi at
    http://www.tamiltribune.com/hindi

4. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

@Dark Soul Why? Who says that we cannot stay united despite having multiple primary languages with English being the link language?

You think English is language of elite? Define elite in this context. I don't think I am any elite, but I speak English fluently. Most educated folks know english and can communicate to a degree. Most people who actually reach the stage of higher studies, can read and comprehend English without hitch. Educated people is not equal to elite.

What you are talking is something that will break the nation, rather than uniting it.

Now, this topic has been debated to the smelliest stink possible, so I would request @mods @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @pmaitra @sob to kindly close this thread before any fetid rot again takes place in the fora.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad and AnantS like this.
  5. Dark Soul

i believe we should divide in 2 cultural zones, North and South.

so at last North Indians states can have common Culture/Language a unifying Force.

6. Dark Soul

so u want to accept a non Indian language as a link language but you are not ready for Hindi.

you pople = not most Indians.

most of you guys are currently living in Metros. but remember that at last 70% indians lives in Villages and tier 3 cities. and most of us can't speak English. Hindi another indo-aryan language is easy for us to learn and understand.

every superpower on earth have single unifying language and culture.
    China - N. Chinese
    US - English
    Japan - Japanese
    Russia - Russian
    Germany - German etc etc.

only south Asians like to speak English to please their/our former Masters.

7. Panjab47

Panjab47 सर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट्टादेवकल्पादृढ़व्रता|੧੫| Banned

Except beside few kids in TN nobody in South opposes Hindi.

Those christians will oppose Sanskrit too.

Hindi is too much Mashallah these days because of urdu education. We should try to go for Sanskrit but Braj or medieval Rajasthani Hindi has been lingua franca for centuries.

Lot of bani is even written in it & Guru Gobind Singh Ji helped spread it by writing Ramayan Mahabharat etc in it.

That's why everyone knows it pretty much from Punjab to Patna Sahib.

Bornubus and AnantS like this.
  8. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

Its funny to see how two opposing parties, compliment each other. K Murali & Dark Soul

jackprince and Bornubus like this.
  9. AnantS

AnantS Senior Member Senior Member

I think as first step, if compulsory second language in all colleges should be introduced, which gives students to chose & learn one of north/south/east/west Indic languages, with certain mechanisms to ensure the language they learn is not from their region, or similar to their region or in other words North Indian chooses language other than north Indian, and vice versa.. so on.

Then question of National Language will be sorted, as people over period of time either favor mishmash language or gravitate towards one or two ancient languages.

jackprince likes this.
  10. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Thread closed. Please dig up other similar threads if you want to discuss.

11. Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Sakal Gharelu Ustad Detests Jholawalas Moderator

Thread opened. I hope @k murali --you keep yourself restricted to this one!!

12. k murali

k murali Regular Member

Sakal Gharelu Ustad: Thanks

Personally I do not care if someone says Hindi is India's national language. It does not hurt the Tamil people economically or culturally.

13. k murali

k murali Regular Member

Infosys Confessions - completely anonymous
    Yesterday at 12:31pm

#17255-"Why are you north people are complaining
    So much about chennai and tamil? I mean
    seriously I know many northies leaving here
    from Past 3 years and still haven't learnt a
    single Word in tamil and you expect us to
    Learn Hindi.v don't need to learn Hindi to
    Communicate wid yu people itz you
    People who r need to
    learn Tamil bcoz ua leaving in our land.
    Tamilnadu govt should make rule as
    to learn Tamil before getting a job in
    Chennai like how German govt make yu
    learn German language.
    And I saw in comment section in
    other confession people r saying that
    Punjabis don't force you to learn
    Punjabi or bangloreans don't force you
    to learn kannad and benaglis.
    may b they r not
    Proud of their language.v r tamilian
    and v r proud of language thtz it.
    Tamil is one of the longest surviving
    classical languages in the world. Tamil
    Literature existed in 300BC only.This
    Was way before ur Hindi language even born.if you
    Want leave here without complaining about
    Language n stuff u r most welcome
    Orels just plz resign ur job go back to
    Place where u r comfortable wid ur
    Language lol you can't do that bcoz
    You don't have IT companies in ur place like v
    Have. And v don't let you people to destroy our culture and language like how you destroyed marathis culture n language in
    Mumbai."

14. garg_bharat

garg_bharat Senior Member Senior Member

Hindi is a 5000 year old language. The script may have changed through the years but not the words.

Tamil is also an old language, perhaps as old as Hindi.

There is no need to fight over language.

3 language formula is not workable as children cannot cope with learning three languages. Two languages are enough.

k murali likes this.
  15. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola Regular Member

Ok. Already NI speak Hindi. From Punjab to MP, Gujarat to Kolkata speak Hindi. I would like to know its achievements compared to 4 southern states, with each having different languages.
    I am not trying to hurt ur ego. Its a basis of ur understanding which is flawed.

k murali likes this.
  16. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola Regular Member

Sorry. Hindi is 5000 year old language? Have proof? What schoolboy thinking this is?

Check out in Internet. Hindi is 700 year old language. And that's why no classical status is given to it. It has borrowed words heavily from everything, from Arabic, Persian, to Tamil and Telugu, Sanskrit.

Tamil is the oldest living language in the world still spoken. Just Google, World's oldest living language, or world's oldest language. And know ur answer. Do not claim BS without knowing anything.

Finally kids have also made me fight for a trivial issue :notsure:

k murali likes this.