Hijras Want Reservation Quotas

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by sanjay, Jul 26, 2011.

1. sanjay

sanjay Regular Member

3. Dovah

Dovah Untermensch Senior Member

The only community that deserve a quota. However, even if they do get admissions into institutions there is no chance they won't be discriminated against. The reforms must come from grass root level. Even the govt. forms don't have an option for "the third sex", unless we recognize them there is no point of a reservation.

4. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

How many of them actually apply for jobs, more importantly get education? Right now they indulge in harassment and they don't need any reservation for that. Never in Bangalore i have seen so many of them as I have in the recent past at all traffic junctions. They have also started going to all shops on a daily basis to collect money.

I have also seen women posing as eunuchs to make money at these junctions.

5. Oracle

Oracle New Member

/\/\/\ Those are not women posing as ennuchs, those are men posing. They trouble a lot in Sony Junction. They once snatched Rs. 500 from me(while I was searching for Rs 2 in my purse to give them) and coolly walked away saying "Tere dus bacche ho, tere biwi aishwarya jaise ho...". <-- They were ennuchs, not men posing as ennuchs.

However, real ennuchs are discriminated a lot and for this reason most of them are into organised crime and prostitution. I once read like 6 months before, that 2 ennuchs beat up a constable and looted him. Time that they are brought into the mainstream.