Highlights of PM's Independence Day speech at Red Fort

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

"This is the time to rise above our personal or political interests and build consensus on issues of national importance," PM Manmohan Singh said.

Details here.
    http://toi.in/_HiSca

3. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

what was stopping our PM from rising above political considerations and building consensus for the past 7 years. They have treated the principal opposition party as pariahs and now when their backs are against the wall all we get are grandiose statements from the ramparts of the Red Fort.

maomao likes this.
  4. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

By all accounts a very lack luster speech from the PM. Clearly Anna and his impending hunger strike and the deep political impact on the ruling party clearly weighing on the mind of the PM and his advisers. He was forced to devote almost 50% of his speech to the topic of corruption.

PM acknowledges corruption but fails to connect

maomao likes this.
  5. maomao

maomao Veteran Hunter of Maleecha Senior Member

The speech of our PM was tasteless and pathetic......he clearly sounded like a broken radio announcer reading a shameless script.....disgusting is what the state of affairs has become these days with these shameless sycophants in power!

P.S: Listening to our PM and President is a torture...there is a well thought out motive to appoint the most inept people in the chair....the story started when APJ refused/barred illiterate Italian i.e. Antonia Maino from becoming our PM and the whole renunciation drama was played out by Con-gress and NDTVs of this nation.........

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
    Param likes this.
  6. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Yes i agree we never had dynamic leaders. I admire MS for his economic skills and honesty but in overall personality he is zero.

Hope Rahul Baba will break this jinx

7. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

The PM's whine was nothing extraordinary.

It is a bunch of falsehoods, especially the one on the govt fighting corruption.

I am amazed how politicians can with a straight face, tell horrendous lies.

And anyway, the very party that has put him in the chair to warm it, is now rooting for the real 'leader'! It is so shamelessly being done when MMS is still in the chair! And MMS is equally shameless to agree that he is merely warming the chair in the interim by stating that he is ready to vacate for this brainless wonder of the Congress dynasty!!

If it were Priyanka, then maybe it would have been different since she has brains and the political acumen to be a political star beyond spouting pious platitudes of no worth!

maomao likes this.
  8. RPK

RPK Indyakudimahan Senior Member

To Mr. PM

As Citizen of India, I want to highlight few things in your speech made by yesterday during the independence day celebration. I don't find any encouraging & positive message...there is no milestone or future goals or economic development of our country to stay positive in this competitive world. I am totally hopeless to see my country heading towards nowhere