High Speed Railway Corridor

anoop_mig25

Country flag
i reading this news about bullet trains for my last 5-7 years in hindi daily NBT and every time news is same just that date and name of news reporter changes. why we need bullet trains when every year railways ask grants form fiance ministrie. there are still large area of land where railway is still having only single line . why not first convert this single line into double line first. our train engines still are running on older technologies durning winter season and due to fog speed of most of this get reduce as a result trains get cancellead or late . We still are struggling to find answer to it and then how are we suppose to run bullet trains under fog conditions. IR is highly subsides , in name of populism train fares have not been raised and that would ultimatelly lead to IR in same condition as today INADIA AIRLINES is . how tickest of this bulled trains are going to be finalised

instead of supporting local teachnologies IR IS SUPPORTING foregin technology for signalling . kokan railways anti-collision device /technology has been lost under the red carpets of IR

pmaitra

Pictures of High Speed Trains

TGV Duplex:
TGVDuplex.jpg

Thalys:

ICE:

Sapsan:

Shinkansen:

Shinkansen E1 Series:
ShinkansenE1Series.jpg

Acela:

Last edited:

Zebra

Country flag
first of all there is difference between making a aircraft carrier and laying 1000000000 kms of fast speed tracks and more.
Bro , really are we going to lay 1000000000 kms of fast speed tracks and more ?

secondly do u know how much time we took the day we decide to make aircraft carrier and actual on sea ?? ??
doesn't matter , we all know , yeah hai India meri jaan ! It is always better to make by our own , may be it will take more time . :thumb:

Bhartiya

Tihar Jail
Banned
Some pessimists will keep crying, as far as I know, even Canada has been mulling over bullet trains since the late 90s , in that respect at least we are making some progress

warriorextreme

Country flag
Cows on tracks? This article is tool overexaggerated
is it not true??
there are many dead cows besides railway tracks...the biggest problem in operating these bullet trains will be maintaining these tracks...cows,wild dogs are huge problem in india..for heaven's sake a dog even managed to enter F1 circuit in delhi..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Bullet trains cannot afford to hit any animal or human beings or else there could be a chance of derailment or so I think. Of course, it would depend on the body mass.

Therefore, as I understand, it should be elevated or the tracks fenced off.

I see the picture of the trains appended, they all seem to be operating without any fencing or being elevated.

I am sure such countries are not animal free since I find the pictures of the train in the countryside.

And surely their animals are not so educated and filled with civic sense that they don't cross the tracks! :)

Anyone who could give the clear picture on this issue?

Last edited:

cir

The Amagasaki rail crash occurred on 25 April 2005 at 09:19 local time (00:19 UTC), just after the local rush hour. The Rapid Service (a seven-car commuter train) came off the tracks on the West Japan Railway Company (JR West) Fukuchiyama Line (JR Takarazuka Line) in Amagasaki, Hyōgo Prefecture, near Osaka, just before Amagasaki Station on its way for Dōshisha-mae via the JR Tōzai Line and the Gakkentoshi Line, and the front two carriages rammed into an apartment building. The first carriage slid into the first floor parking garage and as a result took days to remove. Of the roughly 700 passengers (initial estimate was 580 passengers) on board at the time of the crash, 106 passengers, in addition to the driver, were killed and 562 others injured. Most passengers and bystanders have said that the train appeared to have been travelling too fast. The incident was Japan's most serious since the 1963 Yokohama rail crash in which two passenger trains collided with a derailed freight train, killing 162 people.

Amagasaki rail crash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a side note, the Chinese crash last year was NOT by a high-speed train, as has been widely reported by the foreign media. It was an MU train(with the look of a high-speed train, hence the erronous reporting) with a designed TOP speed of 200km/h travelling on an ordinary track allowing a maximum operating speed of 160km/h, whereas all Chinese high-speed trains run on dedicated tracks with OPERATING speed of 250km/h or above. A combination of lightening-induced equipment malfunction, human errors and dereliction of duty led to the tragedy.

Last edited:

warriorextreme

Country flag
Bullet trains cannot afford to hit any animal or human beings or else there could be a chance of derailment or so I think. Of course, it would depend on the body mass.

I see the picture of the trains appended, they all seem to be operating without any fencing or being elevated.

I am sure such countries are not animal free since I find the pictures of the train in the countryside.

And surely their animals are not so educated and filled with civic sense that they don't cross the tracks! :)

elevated tracks will increase cost way too much..fencing seems right way..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
cir,

How is it avoided that animals or human beings do not cross the tracks of High Speed Trains?

pmaitra

Animals? I don't know. However, European cattle farmers and ranchers definitely have more civic sense than their Indian counterparts. Now I am expecting brickbats for 'sitting in the US and making condescending comments about India.'

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
OK, here is the first flying brickbat.

Would it be civic sense or sheer commercial interest of not losing their cattle to cause beyond natural death? :)

That apart, in Europe there is no straying of cattle? Or say wild animals (I see some of the train photos show forest cover on the side)?

After all, Little Bo Peep did lose her sheep and didn't know where to find them!

Last edited:

pmaitra

OK, here is the first flying brickbat.

Would it be civic sense or sheer commercial interest of not losing their cattle to cause beyond natural death? :)

That apart, in Europe there is no straying of cattle? Or say wild animals (I see some of the train photos show forest cover on the side)?

After all, Little Bo Peep did lose her sheep and didn't know where to find them!
Wild animals are there, but when it comes to domesticated cattle, you won't see this in France, Germany or Britain.

No excuses in this regards. Many people in India let their cattle loose to go around and graze. These animals have enough civic sense to return home at end of day, but, in the process, cross railway tracks and what not.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Have a heart.

We give shelter to every living creature of God!

We are so filled with compassion!

:rofl:

pmaitra

Tracking the Supertrains (1,2,3,4,5,6/6)

Tracking the Supertrains (1,2,3,4,5,6/6)

Last edited by a moderator:

no smoking

Country flag
So, our indian friends are planning to jump from 70km/h to 200km/h. Frankly, that is a very ambitious plan.

I just doubt how india railway system is going to face all the problems in this huge leap. This big gap means a big risk to the whole system and even the lives of passengers.

I think india can learn something from China: upgrad your current system first to accelarate your current train from 70km to 120-160km, then building up the high speed train. Through this, your system can accumulate experience and reduce the risk.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
So, our indian friends are planning to jump from 70km/h to 200km/h. Frankly, that is a very ambitious plan.

I just doubt how india railway system is going to face all the problems in this huge leap. This big gap means a big risk to the whole system and even the lives of passengers.

I think india can learn something from China: upgrad your current system first to accelarate your current train from 70km to 120-160km, then building up the high speed train. Through this, your system can accumulate experience and reduce the risk.
Where in earth did you earned your knowledge that Indian Trains are of 70 kmph maxed please explain.

pmaitra

You are two decades behind with your information my friend.

Note, with a maximum speed of 161 km/h (100 mph), Bhopal Shatabdi is the fastest train in India by top-speed. The Railway Board has cleared this speed of 161 km/h only after testing the train at a speed of 20 km/h above that limit, that means, we have already achieved sustained 181 km/h speed. We need to move upto 250 km/h. Our locomotives are quite capable of that; we just need to upgrade tracks and lay dedicated passenger traffic tracks.

cir

You are two decades behind with your information my friend.

Note, with a maximum speed of 161 km/h (100 mph), Bhopal Shatabdi is the fastest train in India by top-speed. The Railway Board has cleared this speed of 161 km/h only after testing the train at a speed of 20 km/h above that limit, that means, we have already achieved sustained 181 km/h speed. We need to move upto 250 km/h. Our locomotives are quite capable of that; we just need to upgrade tracks and lay dedicated passenger traffic tracks.
Top speed of 160km/h means an operating speed of 120km/h max, with average speed of some 70-80km/h depending on the number of stops along the way。

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Top speed does no good other then chest thumping the issue is the utility. High speed Trains are generally are no cheaper option then air travel which is a better mode of passenger transport. What are the available high speed freight transport rails available worldwide? Because iirc India have plans to make make high speed freight rail connectivity, rail transport are reputed to help in economical growth of a nation. Passenger trains with 0.4 mach speed with astronomical fare do not help in this cause when their are other more feasible options available around. What is important is freight I think, and India have plans for Delhi Mumbai Industrial corridor with a high speed goods train connectivity to start with.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Cir, some Indian trains have to make multiple station halt meaning dip the speed of the train and label it upto 45-50 kmph label while talk about top speed of bullet trains....meh.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles