Hi from Syd

Syd

Country flag
Just a quick hello to say I have just joined this forum.

I suppose that I should say that although I am from the UK and was born in Africa (Kenya) there is an Indian connection as my parents were Indian. I have never lived in India but am very interested in her history.

Syd

Rage

DFI TEAM
Welcome Syd. We're glad to have you here.

Hopin' this forum can satisfy your curiosity.

P.S.: Are your parents 'Goan'?

A.V.

welcome to the forum and we discuss not only indian but a wide variety of topics be free to join in

Syd

Country flag
Thanks to all who have welcomed me .

Rage. Yes they were from Goa. I have not had the opportunity of seeing most of India except for Goa which I visited to see my cousins and introduse my children to their heritage in Jan 2010.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
WoW! Another Sid! :D but this is Syd, but anyways, Welcome aboard! :) Enjoy! God Speed

Syd

Country flag
Thanks all.

Bhramos. The name is Syd not Syed which implies a different heritage! By the way do you post on a US Telecoms site. There is someone with the same handle there.
Ahmedsid. Yes, it good thing my mum spellt it with a y. There is another Mod on this with a handle that is very close to my last name!

Now for my first question. How do I get the flag to show next to my name? I looked in the profile section and cannot see hoe to add it.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Welcome to the forum Syd. Have a nice time on the forum :)

bhramos

Country flag
Thanks all.

Bhramos. The name is Syd not Syed which implies a different heritage! By the way do you post on a US Telecoms site. There is someone with the same handle there.
Ahmedsid. Yes, it good thing my mum spellt it with a y. There is another Mod on this with a handle that is very close to my last name!

Now for my first question. How do I get the flag to show next to my name? I looked in the profile section and cannot see hoe to add it.
sorry, thats the common name used this side of Hyderabad. syd.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Just a quick hello to say I have just joined this forum.

I suppose that I should say that although I am from the UK and was born in Africa (Kenya) there is an Indian connection as my parents were Indian. I have never lived in India but am very interested in her history.

Syd
Welcome to DFI Syd, Have met many African Gujratis, Sindhis and Punjabis but first time heard about a Goan from Africa !!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles