Hi , from iran

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
yes , the century of humiliation ..

though i'm not sure we can make up for it in the 21st century to be honest , maybe china and the century of asia , but i'm not sure if india and iran are given the same opportunity as china , we're on the same boat
Indo-Aryan civilisation is actually Indo-Iranian civilisation. We have common ancestry !!and perhaps common destiny.

Nuvneet Kundu

No , iran today is an strictly islamic society , more than 98% of the poplution are muslims , and the zoroastrian symbols are equal to idoltry and heresy , not my point of view though , but most zoroastrians concentrate in Tehran where people are more liberal trending .

Most iranians aren't infact interested in pre-islamic history , more their own narratives , the ones who are interested too , are pervereted narratives , it basically revolves around cyrus and zoroastrianism , but i'm an exception , you can discuss it with me , i try to provide you with the best i can
This article claims that 50% of Irani demographic is composed of minorities (I don't quite understand how something can qualify to be a minority despite representing half of the entire population), it also goes on to make other observations which seem absurd to me. I'd like to have your view on this :

Iran’s cynical pandering to its ethnic minorities will do it no good

citizen Krane

Hi.

"the century of humiliation": hmm. This is a chinese ccp catchphrase, you chinese?? :D

Why you have geronimo in your profile pic?

And also which part of iran are you from?
i'm from southeast iran , kinda close to india

geronimo fought for his people if i'm not mistaken ? i always admired freedom fighters

the century of humiliation was coined by the chinese yes , but it's even been worse for us , if 6 million jews died in the holocasut , more than 6 million iranians perished in the famine of the first world war and if you also count the dead iranians due to colonial rivalry in the centuries before (the ottoman wars too) , so for us it's been centuries of humiliation ..

citizen Krane

Indo-Aryan civilisation is actually Indo-Iranian civilisation. We have common ancestry !!and perhaps common destiny.
that's true to an extent , but the aryan theory was hypothesized by german Max Muller , in his view aryans were nomadic tribes who invaded places like the indian subcontinent and the iranian plateaue so by his views not all iranians are essentially Aryan , ancient persia were divided into three groups of Persians , Parthians and the Medes , of whom only the parthians could be considered "Aryan"

But like you said , we are similar nations , iran is more like india than pakistan , we are equally hindered by the challenges we face , pakistan may be poor but they're a US ally

citizen Krane

This article claims that 50% of Irani demographic is composed of minorities (I don't quite understand how something can qualify to be a minority despite representing half of the entire population), it also goes on to make other observations which seem absurd to me. I'd like to have your view on this :

Iran’s cynical pandering to its ethnic minorities will do it no good
i would say it's grossly inaccurate , there are also some made up statistics who say 51% of iran are persian , those are made up .. mainly to fool anyone who wants to fuel sectarian violence in iran

Nuvneet Kundu

i would say it's grossly inaccurate , there are also some made up statistics who say 51% of iran are persian , those are made up .. mainly to fool anyone who wants to fuel sectarian violence in iran
I thought so. It's an American funded website who happens to have ".in" domain name. They are playing the same game by cooking up fairytales about India, to engineer a crisis.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
hi people , i'm from iran and i decided to join this forum as a military and aviation enthusiast , i was previously a member of some iranian forums , and i look forward to contribute to the content of this forum if i can

thanks for having me here
Welcome to DFI Bro..
Enjoy your stay.

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
that's true to an extent , but the aryan theory was hypothesized by german Max Muller , in his view aryans were nomadic tribes who invaded places like the indian subcontinent and the iranian plateaue so by his views not all iranians are essentially Aryan , ancient persia were divided into three groups of Persians , Parthians and the Medes , of whom only the parthians could be considered "Aryan"

But like you said , we are similar nations , iran is more like india than pakistan , we are equally hindered by the challenges we face , pakistan may be poor but they're a US ally
Yes, in present day, Iran is more like India than Pakistan, but in the context of indo-aryan or precisely Indus Valley civilisation, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Indian states of Gujarat, Rajasthan & Punjab share same culture and ethnicity.

VaghaDeva

sum gai
i'm from southeast iran , kinda close to india

geronimo fought for his people if i'm not mistaken ? i always admired freedom fighters

the century of humiliation was coined by the chinese yes , but it's even been worse for us , if 6 million jews died in the holocasut , more than 6 million iranians perished in the famine of the first world war and if you also count the dead iranians due to colonial rivalry in the centuries before (the ottoman wars too) , so for us it's been centuries of humiliation ..
so you are a baloch if I'm not mistaken and live in Sistan and Baluchestan or near it?

Last edited:

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
@citizen Krane wonderful to have a member from the friendly nation of Iran. Do provide your perspectives in both defence and non-defence topics. I am particularly interested about the internal politics of Iran and the sentiment of people towards various enemy nations like USA and Israel.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
hi people , i'm from iran and i decided to join this forum as a military and aviation enthusiast , i was previously a member of some iranian forums , and i look forward to contribute to the content of this forum if i can

thanks for having me here
Welcome to DFI ...

One of colleagues and his family visits Iran every couple of years, as his roots are from your country....

Would like to know more about Iran, do open a thread for keeping us updated on current affairs going on over there...

shade

Country flag
I would like to know about all the top secret armaments Iran makes indegenously.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Iranian people have great respect for our civilization, So do we ..

Welcome to D F I ..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles