Here are 2 problems that could sink the Russian military in a war

jouni

Closest Russian Army base is 70km from my home. What I have seen is they got quite modern kit and smart personnel from what I have talked with them.

They have new doctrine which requires that they can start operation straight from peacetime strenght.

gadeshi

Closest Russian Army base is 70km from my home. What I have seen is they got quite modern kit and smart personnel from what I have talked with them.

They have new doctrine which requires that they can start operation straight from peacetime strenght.
Yeah, persistant ready forces - can act in 3 hours max from receiving an order.

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

gadeshi

I also saw a video where burned a lot of armored fighting vehicles of the Syrian army.
Yeah, 2012-2014. Lots of them.
But thete are hundreds of new in Tartus.

pmaitra

You cannot take as exemple an army that has been underequipped,and underfunded during many years....
@Akim might know more than i do.
If i understand,Russia sends its conscripts to Ukraine,not professional soldiers. Well i think this clam «homeless and drunk» is a little bit exaggerated. (Not the fact that they might be drunk i think :peace: )
That is the claim from the west. The west rarely ever presents evidence. I have seen no evidence of Russian conscripts. I have seen evidence of ex-conscripts, i.e. people who were conscripts, have some past military training, but are civilians who went to MaloRussia voluntarily.

Now, if the west claims that there are Russian soldiers, I think the west has to present evidence.

Regarding being drunk, I think it is reasonable to assume that some people, from both sides, will drink, and some people will drink too much.

Gabriel92

Country flag
That is the claim from the west. The west rarely ever presents evidence. I have seen no evidence of Russian conscripts. I have seen evidence of ex-conscripts, i.e. people who were conscripts, have some past military training, but are civilians who went to MaloRussia voluntarily.

Now, if the west claims that there are Russian soldiers, I think the west has to present evidence.
Some things like that ;

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-conscripts-tell-fears-being-sent-ukraine-122703194.html

The bodybags coming back from Ukraine,those threatened or beaten up for investigating the presence of Russian soldiers in Ukraine,and the mother of soldiers considered as Western agents,what fcking nation in the world (even the most failed one) would consider their mothers as Western Agents ? or even Spies ?

Regarding being drunk, I think it is reasonable to assume that some people, from both sides, will drink, and some people will drink too much.
We are in Eastern Europe after all. :peace:

gadeshi

Some things like that ;

http://news.yahoo.com/russian-conscripts-tell-fears-being-sent-ukraine-122703194.html

The bodybags coming back from Ukraine,those threatened or beaten up for investigating the presence of Russian soldiers in Ukraine,and the mother of soldiers considered as Western agents,what fcking nation in the world (even the most failed one) would consider their mothers as Western Agents ? or even Spies ?

We are in Eastern Europe after all. [emoji14]eace:
It's just a fake, nothing more.

pmaitra

Some things like that ;

We are in Eastern Europe after all. :peace:
Yeah, I have been hearing this for a very long time. No evidence.

From the article by Laura Mills:
His commanders "didn't talk about it, but other soldiers told us about it, primarily paratroopers who had been there," Alexander said in an interview with The Associated Press, which is not using his surname for his safety.
See the part in blue. This is evidence of no evidence.

I have seen such trick phrases in a lot in British Brainwashing Corporation articles:
"on conditions of anonymity"
"for his safety"
"it was reported"

Then, they make outrageous claims and then save their posteriors like this:
"'Abracadabra said that he saw that the earth was flat.' This report could not be independently verified."

On close investigation, one might find that there is nobody called Abracadabra.

Of course, there are blatant lies, like a shell landing in Donetsk from the direction of the Kiev regime forces and a BBC reporter immediately blaming it on NovoRossiyans, at a time when he is standing right next to NovoRossiyans.

Gabriel92

Country flag
Yeah, I have been hearing this for a very long time. No evidence.

From the article by Laura Mills:

See the part in blue. This is evidence of no evidence.

I have seen such trick phrases in a lot in British Brainwashing Corporation articles:
"on conditions of anonymity"
"for his safety"
"it was reported"

Then, they make outrageous claims and then save their posteriors like this:
"'Abracadabra said that he saw that the earth was flat.' This report could not be independently verified."

On close investigation, one might find that there is nobody called Abracadabra.

Of course, there are blatant lies, like a shell landing in Donetsk from the direction of the Kiev regime forces and a BBC reporter immediately blaming it on NovoRossiyans, at a time when he is standing right next to NovoRossiyans.
Keep saying whatever you want,still :

gadeshi

Keep saying whatever you want,still :

Still you have no proven bureals or just bodybags photos of Russian troops from Donbass.

Gabriel92

Country flag
Still you have no proven bureals or just bodybags photos of Russian troops from Donbass.

I think that the graves on the Russian soil is more than enough.

gadeshi

I think that the graves on the Russian soil is more than enough.
Yeah, but none of them contain Russian Army soldiers from Donbass. There are no photos of even private funerals of that type.

gadeshi

You can post these pictures any number of times. Still, doesn't prove anything.
This particular photo is a PSed one of the humanitarian convoys KAMAZes.

Gabriel92

Country flag
This particular photo is a PSed one of the humanitarian convoys KAMAZes.

It is funny that in less than some weeks,«people» can drive tanks,use anti aircraft systems,communication systems,artillery etc..... Many new T72B3 destroyed,many BTR82A...

gadeshi

It is funny that in less than some weeks,«people» can drive tanks,use anti aircraft systems,communication systems,artillery etc..... Many new T72B3 destroyed,many BTR82A...
They are industrial society people, most of which have served Soviet Army.
The real miracle is to teach Afgan peasants to do the same, but you haven't dought it, isn't it? :)

apple

Pity they couldn't learn to use a BUK...

They are industrial society people, most of which have served Soviet Army.
The real miracle is to teach Afgan peasants to do the same, but you haven't dought it, isn't it? :)

We teach them to use (mainly) Soviet era Russian designed kit, from China. It's simpler to use and easier to instruct idiots in their use.

Logistic component in the army is 3/5 of the total number of troops. Prompt me, why should a soldier of bringing bread or ammunition to the front lines, to be a professional?
A whole lot of jobs in the army require more training than the combat corps. Engineers, Medics, some of the Signals guys, etc... they require years of full time training

Soldier logistic support do not need special training.
Yeah they do. Even the less demanding jobs. I can heat up tins of beans and use a washing machine, but you wouldn't want to be the passenger, or anywhere near me, if I was driving a truck.

Akim

Professional
Country flag
Yeah they do. Even the less demanding jobs. I can heat up tins of beans and use a washing machine, but you wouldn't want to be the passenger, or anywhere near me, if I was driving a truck.
Of course, you need an individual approach to each specialty. I tear off your hands to those who climb, naprime disassemble automatic gun without special training. Of course, every soldier must be able to shoot, dig in, know the tactics to disguise a minimum level squad, combat coordination of go to Comrade knew "that his back is always covered". All this he finds within 3-4 months. Movement should be practiced to automaticity. This is wrong, if the soldiers had burned hundreds of rounds of ammunition at the site, learn martial skills and should demobilize. This is wasteful. Therefore, on the front line should be the only professionals hired on contract. But if he is a waiter, it is not particularly critical that the plates in the dining room will distribute another person.

pmaitra

The Russian military has been effective in Syria
Commander Garrett I. Campbell, The Brookings Institution

Many analysts have called Russia militarily weak, with some pointing specifically to its shortcomings in air and naval forces in Syria. But based on Russia's battlefield performance so far, this assessment seems off. To the contrary, Russia has shown that it has the capability and capacity — not to mention willingness — to employ its conventional forces to achieve limited political objectives.
Can Russia sustain this level of air campaign? Maybe. Almost none of our NATO allies could match what Russia has done so far in the skies.
Russia's navy has been called "more rust than ready." But Russia is, impressively, retrofitting older vessels and procuring newer ones. And the navy has unveiled a significant capability: Its Caspian Sea corvettes and frigates can fire cruise missiles at targets over 900 miles away. This is a previously unknown capability.
This was, therefore, a major revelation. It sent the West a strong message, even prompting one commentator to suggest that the Russian Caspian Sea fleet is a game-changer.
Observers have also cast doubt on the notion that the Russian navy, specifically the Black Sea Fleet, can sustain prolonged operations. But over the last three years, there has been a steady wagon train of ships delivering supplies to Assad's forces via Latakia and Tartus, and it shows no signs of waning.
Time will surely tell, but until we have evidence that a collapse of the Russian navy is imminent, we should be careful about throwing around rash predictions that don't reflect reality.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles