Henderson Brooks report made public

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Like I said, the ghosts of Tawang haunt Congress (and more specifically the Nehru/Gandhi family), not the NDA.
Sir, the Ghosts of Tawang (Tawang in India) haunts Chinese more than haunting Indians.

Is not that true. ?

Tawang is part of India and shall remain so in spite of innumerable sacrifices and constant Chinese imperialist and expansionist threats.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Re: India BJP targets ruling party over China war report

What about kargil?? it happened during BJP time.

their chola or dhoti is not clean too
It was well known and analysed that Kargil would happen ?

It was also well known and analysed that Pakistan would not be able to hold on to those posts beyond a certain period.

And that is what happened.

It is a question of cost of continuously holding those heights versus the cost of taking those back where the calculations could have gone wrong , and yes, on both sides.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Guys

TB Henderson Brooks is an Indian Military officer of a Lt. Gen rank. He immigrated to Australia long after his retirement. There may be a family connection in Australia where he wished to spend his retirement years.

The journalist Maxville Neyville is an Australian origin but working for a British newspaper during 1962. It was the British dislike of Nehru / Menon that prompted him to find fault with Nehru's policies.

How did Maxville managed to grab a copy of highly confidential military report, your guess is as good as mine. It was not passed on to him while in India. It definitely was not Henderson-Brooks who passed it on to him. There are only three or four copies of this report. All of these are in carefully guarded vaults with lock and key with no access to anybody except the holder of the key.

Journalist Maxville is a crook or a spy but most deifinitely not a journalist who bribed somebody to grab a copy of the same. His book came out in 1970. From 1965 till 1970 there were only two Defence Ministers, two Defence Secretaries and three Chiefs of Army Staff with access to the report. I very much doubt that any of them gave him the report, when only limited copies were available.

Hence either this journalist is lying or he bribed the typist/secretary and had an additional copy made and he or she sold it to him.

I am less intrested in the report and what is in it. It is 50 years past. I want to know how Maxville got hold of it. He probably has cock and bull story as to how he got it. But if he paid to get hold of it then he is a spy and he should be treated like one.

All your assertions are mere guess work and it seems you do not know anything about the wherewithal of the copies of the report or unable to trace its custodians.

Pointing fingers at some secretary who typed ........ that is further hilarious ...

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

All deployment was within the macmohan line where the Chinese had already encroached, and not beyond, Stop your propaganda.

Thanks to the Himalayas. Otherwise nobody knows how "forward" Indians could have been. Then Indians always play the "victim" card :shocked: in denial of their provocations.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

Rather than trauma on Indian society, maybe releasing this report could finally start healing the wounds of 1962, and putting the ghosts bedeviling Sino-Indian relations to rest, for good. Releasing this report into an election year is certainly interesting.
Historical Traumas will be redressed by history. In what form, that history only will tell. Indian wound will be healed by the same process that caused the wounds. Those will heal when the imperialist and expansionist PLA vacate Tibet !

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

In 71, Indira wanted to liberate BD, but the good general Sam Bahadur dug in his heels that they need time to prepare. They prepared and then went for a successful campaign.

However in 62, Nehru's crony peers with their bloated ego and coup-phobia didn't dig in their heels. Infact, when there was some resistance from IA, quick resignations were accepted.

However, the fact remains that the Chinese were desperate for a ceasefire as they had exhausted themselves. If bloody Nehru would have persisted for 2 weeks more and had sent up more backup, including airforce, China would have been pushed back completely, maybe even beyond Tibet occupation.

And what do we do? Instead of publicly thrashing Menon, we name a crossroad after him in the national capital. :fp:

There is no doubt that Nehru's blunder in 1962 cost India dearly...

There are few of my observations I would like to put forward...

It was 1962 taught India few lessons... 1) Never take a military actions untill you are prepared fully for it. 2) China is a enemy of India as it did not stopped with 1962 itself, China planned along with Pakistan to attack and dislodge India in Kashmir in 1963... China since then consistently acting against Indias interests on several fronts... be it supply of Nuclear and Missile technology to Pakistan ...

nimo_cn

Country flag

All deployment was within the macmohan line where the Chinese had already encroached, and not beyond, Stop your propaganda.
please read the Henderson Brooks report, then you will know who was the aggressor and started the war in the first place.

I possessed a copy of the first part of the report, if you want i can send it to you.

According to the report, India invited a war with China, but failed to prepare for it.

People here only feel sad that India was not ready, but choose to ignore the fact the war was started by India.

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Hari Sud

Country flag
Bhadra

It is common knowledge that a draft of that report had fallen into Maxville's hands. Before a report is finalized it goes thru many drafts. It is usual to destroy the drafts. One such draft or a shredded copy fell into his hands. In 1963/64, there were no extensive use of Xerox machines or Photocopiers. Reports were typed on regular typewriters with carbon papers. Even under the strictest security a copy of one of the drafts could escape checks and be passed on to Maxville. Now start making guesses where the suspicion would fall the most.

If Maxville paid somebody to have that draft; under all laws he is spy under grab of journalism.

Do I need to explain any more?

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
There are said to be only 2 copies. 1 with the DGMO and the other with the MoD/NSA.

Guys

TB Henderson Brooks is an Indian Military officer of a Lt. Gen rank. He immigrated to Australia long after his retirement. There may be a family connection in Australia where he wished to spend his retirement years.

The journalist Maxville Neyville is an Australian origin but working for a British newspaper during 1962. It was the British dislike of Nehru / Menon that prompted him to find fault with Nehru's policies.

How did Maxville managed to grab a copy of highly confidential military report, your guess is as good as mine. It was not passed on to him while in India. It definitely was not Henderson-Brooks who passed it on to him. There are only three or four copies of this report. All of these are in carefully guarded vaults with lock and key with no access to anybody except the holder of the key.

Journalist Maxville is a crook or a spy but most deifinitely not a journalist who bribed somebody to grab a copy of the same. His book came out in 1970. From 1965 till 1970 there were only two Defence Ministers, two Defence Secretaries and three Chiefs of Army Staff with access to the report. I very much doubt that any of them gave him the report, when only limited copies were available.

Hence either this journalist is lying or he bribed the typist/secretary and had an additional copy made and he or she sold it to him.

I am less intrested in the report and what is in it. It is 50 years past. I want to know how Maxville got hold of it. He probably has cock and bull story as to how he got it. But if he paid to get hold of it then he is a spy and he should be treated like one.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

Yup. PRC first crossed the Macmohan line, then India went for Forward Policy to defend it's land. PRC started the hegemony as early as 1955 by including our land in their maps, and then turned up the aggression as soon as Dalai Lama crossed over to India to escape China's Tibet genocide.

please read the Henderson Brooks report, then you will know who was the aggressor and started the war in the first place.

I possessed a copy of the first part of the report, if you want i can send it to you.

According to the report, India invited a war with China, but failed to prepare for it.

People here only feel sad that India was not ready, but choose to ignore the fact the war was started by India.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag

Yup. PRC first crossed the Macmohan line, then India went for Forward Policy to defend it's land. PRC started the hegemony as early as 1955 by including our land in their maps, and then turned up the aggression as soon as Dalai Lama crossed over to India to escape China's Tibet genocide.

The Henderson Brooks report certainly disagrees with you on this.

Do you know why Indian government has always refused to release the report and kept it classified until today?

Because the report clearly indicates that India's expansionist actions lead to the tragic war which left a deep scar in Indian people's hearts, turning everything you have been taught about the war into a lie.

The full release of the report will have an unprecedented impact on Indian society, shaking the foundation of Indian government, which is something the Indian ruling elite dont want to happen. Better bury the fact and keep feeding people with lies.

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag

No, the report had not been released as it will embarrass India's first PM and his political family. Nothing else. No matter how many times you repeat your propaganda, it will not become the truth.

Do you know why Indian government has always refused to release the report and kept it classified until today?

Because the report clearly indicates that India's expansionist actions lead to the tragic war which left a deep scar in Indian people's hearts, turning everything you have been taught about the war into a lie.

The full release of the report will have an unprecedented impact on Indian society, shaking the foundation of Indian government, which is something the Indian ruling elite dont want to happen. Better bury the fact and keep feeding people with lies.

ladder

Country flag
Sir, the Ghosts of Tawang (Tawang in India) haunts Chinese more than haunting Indians.

Is not that true. ?

Tawang is part of India and shall remain so in spite of innumerable sacrifices and constant Chinese imperialist and expansionist threats.
Bhadra Sir, long time no see! on this forum. Hope to see you posting regularly here.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Bhadra

It is common knowledge that a draft of that report had fallen into Maxville's hands. Before a report is finalized it goes thru many drafts. It is usual to destroy the drafts. One such draft or a shredded copy fell into his hands. In 1963/64, there were no extensive use of Xerox machines or Photocopiers. Reports were typed on regular typewriters with carbon papers. Even under the strictest security a copy of one of the drafts could escape checks and be passed on to Maxville. Now start making guesses where the suspicion would fall the most.

If Maxville paid somebody to have that draft; under all laws he is spy under grab of journalism.

Do I need to explain any more?

It is rumored that one of the Ministers was responsible for giving a copy to Maxwell..

Look the Copy that has been published does not look like a draft..

The case rests..

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag

You think India is a closed society like PRC under dictatorship of an elitist CPC ?

Your argument is devoid of merits as China expanded on to Indian borders rather than India marching towards Beijing ! Himalayas had always been the border between India and Tibet in History. India had no borders with China but you came uninvited and history will make you go back as always. You occupation of Tibet is immoral and illegal.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Occupying what is India is a crime?

The Chinese contention of the IB is not what the McMohan Line indicates.

In China, do they clearly indicate when China is wrong?

Or are they exterminated as a consequence?

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

I read one of the Leader, in one of the newspapers.

It said Maxwell is an Australians and Henderson Brooks on retirement went ot Australia. It must be remembered he was an Anglo India and in those days they thought of UK as their home and when UK cut down Anglos entering UK, they went to Australia!

The Leader claimed an equation.

The article went on to state that Bhagat who was a member of the Report was overlooked for promotion to the COAS, indicating tongue in cheek that it was because of the Report which was critical of the political leadership and the military brass compromised to be yes men!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles