Henderson Brooks report made public

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
India BJP targets ruling party over China war report

Thanks to the Himalayas. Otherwise nobody knows how "forward" Indians could have been. Then Indians always play the "victim" card :shocked: in denial of their provocations.

Read the report and you know who did what. Coming from Maxwell who is a commie sympathizer. Its always China that is the victim using 12th century maps. Its not even funny now

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Re: India BJP targets ruling party over China war report

Nehru's PMship cost us China and J&K :dude:
What new this so called secret document has to say, don't we know this already ??

JBH22

Complete bollocks.

Why did not NDA release the report when they were in power? Trying to play politics.

I just hope the incoming govt treats national security as it should be and not relegate it to some welfare schemes.

amoy

Read the report and you know who did what. Coming from Maxwell who is a commie sympathizer. Its always China that is the victim using 12th century maps. Its not even funny now
hmmm Maxwell's objective stand makes him a commie sympathizer. Then report authors Henderson Brooks and Singh must be commies themselves by your logic

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag

Well all this is old hat to many of us by now - those of you who are new to it go ahead and discuss.

Our "great visionary" not only bungled the 1962 fiasco but much worse, in 1948 he gave gilgit-baltistan to Packland
at a point when our brave jawans in the Indian forces were merely 4 days duration in wresting it back from illegal occupiers

I have heard reports that the jawans and officers were sorely tempted to disobey Nehru's unbelievable fairyland attitude

But being the great soldiers they were (and are) they obeyed and today we have lost a direct link to Afghanistan
and via that to the central Asian republics...

We are now trying to gain access via sea -link with iran, but we could have had it both ways .
Thanks JN , thanks a million !

nimo_cn

Country flag

Half a century after the war, Indians are still not prepared for the truth, that is why this report has to be buried.

Interesting to know that how frightened people could be with truth after being feed with lies and getting used to them.

What impact on Indian society could it have if the report was fully published?

Sent from my HUAWEI T8951 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

bose

Country flag

Half century after the war, Indians are still not prepared for the truth, that is why this report has to be buried.
You got it wrong... There is nothing new about the report same was told to me when I was kid some 35 years back by my father... The author was correct on some aspects as little I have manage to read it...

Interesting to know that how frightened people could be with truth after being feed with lies and getting used to them.
Was that the impression you get from reading the Indian members comments ??

The report does not speak about the China's ill intensions post 1962... that also needed to be highlighted...

None to be precise...

ladder

Country flag

hmmm Maxwell's objective stand makes him a commie sympathizer. Then report authors Henderson Brooks and Singh must be commies themselves by your logic

The conclusion which Maxwell draws is from inference and not a quote from the authors, so keep your high IQ inference of equal=equal to yourself only.
So, where the report ends and where Maxwell's brush starts is the question here.

But, interestingly we have a report that states what ought to be stated and not as Chinese reports in general which are written for and with what that pleases the Chairman Mao.

Obviously, Chinese still consider 1962 an event which comes under the 70% in which Mao was right and not 30% where he was wrong.

Last edited:

pkroyal

Our defence spending is 1.72 % of our GDP ( close to 1961-62 level)
Civil military relations not very healthy.
Politicians greedier than 1961.
Army larger , better trained but looking for better equipment?

who will wake up & sort this out?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Army had prevented its release for the last 50 years Army had prevented its release for the last 50 years

It was not the Army that prevented its release, it was the political setup, who would be embarrassed.

The Army had downsized by 1961 and the weaponry obsolete.

BN Mullick, the IB Chief who was a Nehru confidant was practically dictating policy and was fudging intelligence analysis.

Menon bypassed the Army's chain of command, which the senior Army should have objected to, but exhibited moral paralysis to do so.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Henderson Brookes is an Anglo Indian, though he claimed to be British.

After retirement, he settled in Australia.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

BJP should have tabled the report when NDA was at the helm.

Therefore, it is not kosher to demand anything.

If they come to power, they should back up their mouth where their money is.

On another issue on the subject, we are in the 1961 equation today, politically, strategically, militarily and civil military relationship.

Let the politician bureaucrat nexus, disregarding military perceptions and modernisation, prevail and we will get another drubbing!

Last edited:

Blackwater

What about kargil?? it happened during BJP time.

their chola or dhoti is not clean too

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

The 'Forward Policy' was not wrong as such.

We only were occupying area within our territory to bolster our defence.

However, it was wrong to the extent that we did not have the wherewithal in training, clothing, weaponry, strategic vision, adequate strength in personnel, logistic infrastructure, acclimatisation necessary etc to put our money where our mouth is.

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

What about kargil?? it happened during BJP time.

their chola or dhoti is not clean too
Kargil happened because it had to happen.

Successive Govt disregarded the fact that an Indep Infantry Bde was woefully inadequate to hold or surveil the huge sector from Kaobal Gali to way East of Chorbatla.

And so what had to happen, happened.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Guys

TB Henderson Brooks is an Indian Military officer of a Lt. Gen rank. He immigrated to Australia long after his retirement. There may be a family connection in Australia where he wished to spend his retirement years.

The journalist Maxville Neyville is an Australian origin but working for a British newspaper during 1962. It was the British dislike of Nehru / Menon that prompted him to find fault with Nehru's policies.

How did Maxville managed to grab a copy of highly confidential military report, your guess is as good as mine. It was not passed on to him while in India. It definitely was not Henderson-Brooks who passed it on to him. There are only three or four copies of this report. All of these are in carefully guarded vaults with lock and key with no access to anybody except the holder of the key.

Journalist Maxville is a crook or a spy but most deifinitely not a journalist who bribed somebody to grab a copy of the same. His book came out in 1970. From 1965 till 1970 there were only two Defence Ministers, two Defence Secretaries and three Chiefs of Army Staff with access to the report. I very much doubt that any of them gave him the report, when only limited copies were available.

Hence either this journalist is lying or he bribed the typist/secretary and had an additional copy made and he or she sold it to him.

I am less intrested in the report and what is in it. It is 50 years past. I want to know how Maxville got hold of it. He probably has cock and bull story as to how he got it. But if he paid to get hold of it then he is a spy and he should be treated like one.

t_co

Half a century after the war, Indians are still not prepared for the truth, that is why this report has to be buried.

Rather than trauma on Indian society, maybe releasing this report could finally start healing the wounds of 1962, and putting the ghosts bedeviling Sino-Indian relations to rest, for good. Releasing this report into an election year is certainly interesting.

Last edited:

t_co

It was not the Army that prevented its release, it was the political setup, who would be embarrassed.

The Army had downsized by 1961 and the weaponry obsolete.

BN Mullick, the IB Chief who was a Nehru confidant was practically dictating policy and was fudging intelligence analysis.

Menon bypassed the Army's chain of command, which the senior Army should have objected to, but exhibited moral paralysis to do so.
Like I said, the ghosts of Tawang haunt Congress (and more specifically the Nehru/Gandhi family), not the NDA.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles