Hello & introduction from Kishore ...

Kishore032

Hello all -

I am pleased to join this forum. As introduction, I am an American of Indian origin and I live in the US midwest. I am in my 50's, a research scientist by training and I've had the fortune of working with researchers in the US, India and Europe. I have also lived for a few years in China.

Besides science, I am also interested in politics and economics, so I am pleased to join this forum that seems to discuss scientific and technological issues within a broader geopolitical context.

I look forward to learning, engaging in productive debate, as well as contributing to this forum.

Cheers
Kishore

EXPERT

great to have you here Sir , it will be really nice to read your opinion here ....

have a cool :hippo:, and nice stay

:welcome::india::welcome:

regards
EXY

Last edited:

bose

Country flag
Welcome to DFI and have a nice time here...

Waffen SS

Hello all -

I am pleased to join this forum. As introduction, I am an American of Indian origin and I live in the US midwest. I am in my 50's, a research scientist by training and I've had the fortune of working with researchers in the US, India and Europe. I have also lived for a few years in China.

Besides science, I am also interested in politics and economics, so I am pleased to join this forum that seems to discuss scientific and technological issues within a broader geopolitical context.

I look forward to learning, engaging in productive debate, as well as contributing to this forum.

Cheers
Kishore
What you are American? How can you leave your motherland India? Why did you leave Indian Nationality?

If you really love India, then please come to India, work here. You stay in developed West and show "concern" about India in internet only, it is hypocrisy. Either stay in West, forget India completely no need to show how much you think of India or you are really worried about India then come to India, work here. Dont show fake concerns. Can you get my point?

If you really worry about India, come here do something instead of showing fake concern in internet. It is hypocrisy.

Any way welcome. Read forum rules.

Last edited:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
What you are American? How can you leave your motherland India? Why did you leave Indian Nationality?

If you really love India, then please come to India, work here. You stay in developed West and show "concern" about India in internet only, it is hypocrisy. Either stay in West, forget India completely no need to show how much you think of India or you are really worried about India then come to India, work here. Dont show fake concerns. Can you get my point?

If you really worry about India, come here do something instead of showing fake concern in internet. It is hypocrisy.
Here many Forum Members are Currently in US and Foreign Countries

nirranj

Country flag

Any way welcome. Read forum rules.
There is a old Literature piece in Tamil. Written by one of the greatest and most respected Female poet, Ovvayar.

It says, "திரைகடல் ஓடியும் திரவியம் தேடு" "Thiraikadal Odiyum Thiraviyam thEdu"

Meaning, "You should earn for your livelyhood, even if that demands you to go across the oceans".

There is nothing wrong in people going out of India for livelyhood.

Remember we get around 60-70 Billion dollars every year from the remittences of our people living and working abroad. They too sacrifice the intimacy of living in their motherland to earn for a livelyhood.

Don't complain Sir.

nirranj

Country flag
Hello all -

Cheers
Kishore
Welcome Sir :namaste:. Hope I can learn from you through your debates and posts.

Waffen SS

There is a old Literature piece in Tamil. Written by one of the greatest and most respected Female poet, Ovvayar.

It says, "திரைகடல் ஓடியும் திரவியம் தேடு" "Thiraikadal Odiyum Thiraviyam thEdu"

Meaning, "You should earn for your livelyhood, even if that demands you to go across the oceans".

There is nothing wrong in people going out of India for livelyhood.

Remember we get around 60-70 Billion dollars every year from the remittences of our people living and working abroad. They too sacrifice the intimacy of living in their motherland to earn for a livelyhood.

Don't complain Sir.
I know the Tamil saying. But why abandon Indian Nationality? Tamil saying does not say to abandon your nationality and then to show fake concern to your original homeland. From 1950 hundreds or thousands of qualified doctors, engineers have left this country and returned never. How much India is benefitted by those?

A skilled person can contribute more to society if they stay in their own country. How can we abandon our citizenship to a country which planned to nuke us in 1971?

We have enough money, what we need that is good leaders. From a soldier we expect bravery, from a leader we expect foresight and honesty, then why should we expect money from doctors and engineers instead of treatment an engineering?? Indians are biggest hypocrite perhaps in world.

PIOs and NRIs(not including students and those who shuttle by time) instead of showing fake concern while enjoying in developed West and sending money occasionally to "pay their gratitudeness" if they made India their working place, it would be much better. In non-developed countries people are dying with out treatment while their doctors are busy in West. To sum it up, just think your 1 relative is very sick, you take him/her to a good doctors, Doctors saved your relative, you are now very happy, but just think what would happen to your relative if those doctors went to West? Can you imagine? Start thinking in this way.

Ethiopia is #1 among the 10 Countries Facing the Biggest Brain Drain | Wiyiyit

It is all about perspective, to me leaving country's nationality is an act of treachery.

Mods please dont delete this, I know it is becoming off topic, but I conclude here.

Last edited:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
@Waffen SS

Kick out the Dumb Politicians from the Chair

Otherwise start a Resist group to Kick out the Politicians

Last edited by a moderator:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Kishore, Hi and welcome aboard :yo:

I know the Tamil saying. But why abandon Indian Nationality? Tamil saying does not say to abandon your nationality and then to show fake concern to your original homeland. From 1950 hundreds or thousands of qualified doctors, engineers have left this country and returned never. How much India is benefitted by those?

A skilled person can contribute more to society if they stay in their own country. How can we abandon our citizenship to a country which planned to nuke us in 1971?

We have enough money, what we need that is good leaders. From a soldier we expect bravery, from a leader we expect foresight and honesty, then why should we expect money from doctors and engineers instead of treatment an engineering?? Indians are biggest hypocrite perhaps in world.

PIOs and NRIs(not including students and those who shuttle by time) instead of showing fake concern while enjoying in developed West and sending money occasionally to "pay their gratitudeness" if they made India their working place, it would be much better. In non-developed countries people are dying with out treatment while their doctors are busy in West. To sum it up, just think your 1 relative is very sick, you take him/her to a good doctors, Doctors saved your relative, you are now very happy, but just think what would happen to your relative if those doctors went to West? Can you imagine? Start thinking in this way.

It is all about perspective, to me leaving country's nationality is an act of treachery.

Mods please dont delete this, I know it is becoming off topic, but I conclude here.
@nirranj @Waffen SS : Isn't there an old Tamil saying which goes something like: the world is my homeland and every language is my mother tongue. If there is, then please write a transliteration of it.

Kyubi

Country flag
Hello all -

Cheers
Kishore
Welcome to DFI Community .. as you even i am a newbie, getting to terms with this forum's rules and regulations.. great to place to gain knowledge and engage in intelligent discussion.. hope u have a wonderful stay here sir...

With Regards,
Akshay

nirranj

Country flag

Bro, I too share Your concern on the brain drain. But we cannot force people to be patriots.

I read a piece of Article somewhere, I will try to post it as a new thread. We can discuss more over there.

nirranj

Country flag
Kishore, Hi and welcome aboard :yo:

@nirranj @Waffen SS : Isn't there an old Tamil saying which goes something like: the world is my homeland and every language is my mother tongue. If there is, then please write a transliteration of it.
It is "யாதும் ஊரே யாவரும் கேளிர்" "YAthum oorE YAvarum kELir"

Meaning the world is our mother land and people are our Kith and Kin. Written by Kaniyan PoongunRan, a Sangam era scholar.