Have you seen something like this before, prepare yourself before clicking

Blackwater

只發生在中國,生病的人生病的國家

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Fascinating!

Some traditions that some people continue to honour.

It takes all sorts to make the world!

Reminds me of the Empress of Blandings!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
One has to see how cattle or sheep are equally butchered so that people can have their non vegetarian platters full!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Here is an image where a pig is slaughtered and the blood is saved.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pig on a Spit - Cooking and Catering for the Lovers of Pork.

Pork is the meat from a pig and is one of the most commonly consumed meats worldwide, with pig cultivation dating back to 5000 BC.

Pig Pigs were mostly used for food, but people also used their hide to make shields and shoes, their bones for tools and weapons, and their bristles for brushes. Pork may be cooked from fresh meat or cured over time. Cured meat products include ham and bacon.

Pork is the most widely eaten meat in the world, providing about 38 percent of daily meat protein intake worldwide. Just about all parts of the pig can be used to produce pork meat and often a suckling, or even a medium size pig, can be roasted whole.

The highly sensitive noses of pigs have been used by humans both past and present to help sniff out truffles, a valuable and highly sought after edible species of underground fungi.

Pig cooking over fire Most brands of American hot dogs and breakfast sausage are made from pork, in fact the United States is the third largest exporter of pork, with the export leaders being Denmark and Canada. U.S. pork production accounts for about 10 percent of the total world supply.

Pork has traditionally been known as a white meat, but in nutritional studies, it is usually grouped with beef as red meat, recent public perceptions have been changing and today the USDA treats pork as a red meat. The myoglobin content of pork is lower than that of beef, but much higher than the white meat of a chicken.

Our articles cover all aspects of cooking pork from barbeque and roasts to cooking a whole pig on a spit and explain how to make a traditional Hawaiian style imu (New Zealand Hangi), or underground oven to cook a whole pig kalua style.

We also cover definitions of the various cuts of pork and which parts are best cooked by various methods.

Featured Pork Articles and Recipes

The age of the animal from which pork is cut can be determined by the thickness of the skin; the older the animal, the thicker the skin. To be of the best kind, pork should have pink, not red, flesh composed of fine-grained tissues, and its fat, which, in a well-fattened animal, equals about one-eighth of the entire weight, should be white and firm.

Although all cuts of pork contain some fat, the proportion should not be too great, or the pieces will not contain as much lean as they should. However, the large amount of fat contained in pork makes its food value higher than that of other meats, unless they are excessively fat, and consequently difficult of digestion.

One of the chief advantages of pork is that about nine-tenths of the entire dressed animal may be preserved by curing and smoking. See our full article on cooking of pork

Ways to Cook Ham

Smoked ham The difference between ham and pork - Basically pork is any meat from a pig and ham is a part of the pig, ham is to pork as steak is to beef. Ham is pork from the hind leg of the hog. Meat from the front leg is called "pork shoulder picnic." Hams can be either cured, smoked, fresh or cooked. Generally speaking ham is a name for any smoked pork product. It is also a name of a pork cut of meat.

In ham, the proportion of fat and lean is about right, but when ham is bought with the rind removed, much of the fat is also taken off. The best hams weigh from 8 to 15 pounds, and have a thin skin, solid fat, and a small, short tapering leg or shank.

Several ways of cooking ham are in practice. Very often slices resembling slices of round steak are cut from the whole ham and then fried or broiled. See our full article on ways to cook ham.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

Having said that it doesn't half look good doesn't it? Your rotisserie is ideal for this type of cooking (especially if over charcoal) because the intense heat at the beginning of the cookout is just what's needed to get the crackling off to a good start.

Don't worry if you're doing this for the first time and are nervous about getting good crackling just follow my tips for perfect pork crackling and you can't go wrong.

For doing a pork rotisserie at home ask your butcher for a good sized rolled pork loin. It's a tasty cut and with the skin on offers a great opportunity for some crispy crackling.

The recipe itself (in terms of seasoning) is extremely simple because what's most important about this cookout is the final textures as well as flavors.

Preparation Time:- 10 mins
Cooking Time:- 90 mins

Total Time:- 1hr 40 mins

Ingredients:- One pork loin
Salt

Method:

Score the skin of the pork so that you penetrate the fat that is under the skin but don't go down to the flesh otherwise your meat will dry out. Season with salt, rubbing the salt into the skin and fat.

Thread the pork loin onto the spit roast taking care to ensure that you've got the meat nicely balanced on the spit rod. Cook for approximately 90 minutes intitially over high heat to get the skin to bubble and crisp then turn the heat down so that it cooks but doesn't burn.

Check the internal temperature using a bbq thermometer for 160°F or 71°C and you're ready to remove it from the heat.

If it needs a bit longer and this shouldn't be a problem because the loin is quite a fatty piece of meat and it won't easily dry out.

When your spit roasted pork cooked, remove from the grill and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. There's two reasons for this:-

To seal in the juices and keep the pork moist
To allow the spit rod time to cool before you burn yourself trying to remove it!

When you've got the rod out, you're ready to carve and serve. I usually start by removing the outer shell of cracking and then slicing thinly. Cut up the crackling and place a piece on each plate. Yum!

nimo_cn

Country flag
只發生在中國,生病的人生病的國家
I guess that Google doesn't translate it well. I think you have to rephrase it in English so that people can understand you.

By the way, try not to pass yourself off as a Chinese by putting on Chinese flag and posting broken Chinese.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I guess that Google doesn't translate it well. I think you have to rephrase it in English so that people can understand you.

By the way, try not to pass yourself off as a Chinese by putting on Chinese flag and posting broken Chinese.
What is it that has been written?

I was about to delete it since Chinese without translation is not allowed, but I waited for a Chinese to translate it.

What does it say?

nimo_cn

Country flag
What is it that has been written?

I was about to delete it since Chinese without translation is not allowed, but I waited for a Chinese to translate it.

What does it say?
I guess he was saying "only happens in China, sick people and sick country", very good generation if he was right about it.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I guess he was saying "only happens in China, sick people and sick country", very good generation if he was right about it.
That is being unfair.

Report it!

Since I am on this discussion, I am debarred from intervening as per the Moderator's Rules.

But, be sure he is wrong. Give facts to prove your point.

Blackwater

Very well translated meri jaan nimo. Sorry i forgot to write "sick tradition". Btw your partner pak will not like, you kill and eat pork this way. you should respect ur partner's feelings you know

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Pork is the staple of China.

How can they discard that?

I don't think that the Chinese have forced Chinese Muslims to eat it.

Blackwater

Pork is the staple of China.

How can they discard that?

I don't think that the Chinese have forced Chinese Muslims to eat it.
Hhh i thought the disturbances in western province of china is due to that...:scared1::scared1::scared1:

H.A.

Nimo, could you tell what is the ritual about, by the picture it looks like people are painting the cloth with the blood. Could you shed some light.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Fascinating!

Some traditions that some people continue to honour.

It takes all sorts to make the world!

Reminds me of the Empress of Blandings!
Ray Sir,

Will the Pig featured above be a match for the Empress for the Annual Shropshire Agricultural Show.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles