Have enough evidence to convict 26/11 mastermind: Rehman Malik

Oracle

NEW DELHI: Pakistan interior minister Rehman Malik has said that Pakistani investigators have collected enough evidence against the masterminds of the Mumbai 2008 terror attacks and he is confident that the courts will convict them.

"We have enough evidence and I am quite hopeful that they will be convicted. But if I say some thing much, that means I'm overstepping my position because the matter has to be decided by the court," Malik told CNN-IBN channel in an interview.

India has been unhappy over the slow pace of trial of the 26/11 masterminds in Pakistan. Most of the recent hearings have been immediately adjourned by the judge.

"What I am confident is that all the evidence which has been collected, has been placed before the court and they will be convicted," he added.

Malik, however, admitted that the trial was not going as fast as India wanted.

"And for the fast track you know that there are certain problems in Evidence Act, and according to the Evidence Act we needed some information to be certified from the Indian authorities," he said.

He appreciated that India had agreed to allow a judicial commission from Pakistan to visit and collect evidence. "I'm really grateful to the Indian authorities for allowing our commission to go, and once it is there and after fulfilling its assignment it comes back, the case will be on fast track," he said.

Malik asserted that Pakistan had every intention of prosecuting the 26/11 masterminds. "The intention of Pakistan is clear. Our prosecutors are working hard and once those legal formalities are over we will expedite the process," he said.

He thanked Indian Home Minister P. Chidambaram for the success of the meeting of the home secretaries last month.

"I think it was a good success and the credit is dedicated to Mr Chidambaram who played a key role in it and also to the prime ministers. But basically what is important that what you discuss if you transform it into practicalities, that's the big deal. And I think the decisions taken in the group and now by the home secretary are all good decisions, like the focal point is the raise of official legal access and the visa relaxation, they all are good strategies," said Malik.

TimesofIndia

Oracle

This is good news coming out from Pakistan. Cricket diplomacy did yield some result. More is expected though.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
This is good news coming out from Pakistan. Cricket diplomacy did yield some result. More is expected though.
Bro don't get over excited....Rehman Malik or any other corrupt spineless politician can't touch any pakistani Army officer (we should know this better as its been more than 10yrs under corrupt Congress and their dossiers), that too on the charges such as terrorism against India....all this BS is propagated by UPA for domestic consumption under US duress!!

We have our own spineless and corrupt politicians to deal with starting with Mehngai Mohan Singh (PM), and Illiterate Mother India from Italy and her loyal coterie.

P.S: Reham Malik hinting that he will arrest Hafiz Saeed or PA officers is a joke with India, on the other hand they will spew some conspiracy around 26/11 being orchestrated by Sikh terrorists, and arrest number of dormant KLF and Babbar Khalsa assets lying useless in pakistan.

Last edited:

ganesh177

Country flag
All BS talk. The real masterminds will never be troubled in this case.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let us see how this pans out.

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I don't like this, using this way they will give him 3 year sentence (just example), where he will get five star treatment and the terror network will run an abetted. Nothing less then death should do.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
We can expect some middle tier militants being selected as scapegoat to protect the main villains. With that, the neighbors would close the file regardless of however loud the MHA screams.
Pakistan knows that eventually they have to produce something and this is what they might do.

Regards,
Virendra

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles