Hatf IX (NASR) ballistic missile

Iamanidiot

Why are the bious going tactical all of a sudden?It doesn't make sense to me

chex3009

Country flag
After Pakistan missile test, India flexes muscle

Diplomatic re-engagement may have begun afresh but both sides are keeping their powder dry. The 1.13-million strong Indian Army is honing its war-fighting machinery with a major combat exercise, codenamed "Vijayee Bhava'' (Be Victorious), in the Thar desert to practice "high tempo'' operations to cut across the border.

A still image from a Pakistan military handout video shows a Hatf-IX (NASR)
missile being fired during a test at an undisclosed location in Pakistan on
April 19, 2011. (Reuters Photo)

Squeamish for long with India's "pro-active conventional war strategy'', or what is colloquially dubbed the "cold start'' doctrine, Pakistan in turn test-fired a new nuclear-capable ballistic missile Hatf-IX on Tuesday.

Given that Hatf-IX has a strike range of only 60 km, it is clearly intended for brandishing as a "battlefield nuclear weapon'' to deter Indian armoured forces from launching rapid thrusts into its territory.

"Pakistan already has the long and medium range Shaheen and Ghauri series of missiles, acquired with help of China and North Korea, to act as the delivery mechanism for strategic nuclear weapons,'' said a senior Indian official.

"So, with this new missile, Islamabad seems to be looking at tactical nuclear deterrence against advancing enemy formations. But it is being foolhardy if it thinks nuclear weapons are war-fighting weapons,'' he added.

India, of course, has its own nuclear and missile plans. It may be steadfast about adhering to a "no first-use'' of nuclear weapons but has made it amply clear that a nuclear retaliation to a first strike will be "massive and designed to inflict unacceptable damage''.

The "Vijayee Bhava'' exercise, of course, is more conventional in nature, even though the combat manoeuvres may be simulated under "a NBC (nuclear, chemical, biological) overhang''.

The exercise, which will enter its peak phase in early-May, is being primarily conducted by the armoured corps-intensive 2 Corps, considered to be the most crucial of Army's three principal "strike'' formations tasked with virtually cutting Pakistan into two during a full-fledged war, said sources.

Incidentally, the 2 Corps based in Ambala is aptly called the `Kharga Corps', taking its name and formation sign from the deadly scythe wielded by Goddess Kali to vanquish enemies.

"In 2009, the 2 Corps had conducted the `Hind Shakti' exercise to fine-tune the pro-active strategy, which is all about mobilizing fast and hitting hard at several border points to catch the enemy unawares and gain momentum,'' said a source.

Report : Times Of India

Last edited:

Iamanidiot

All you have is a bunch of nukes that are 10-20kt hiroshima type bombs to be used on indian cities. Strategic role. You need to have a look at your nuke doctrine to understand this. Even india with a more advanced nuke program only has nukes in strategic role.
May be they never had nukes of 10-20kt capacity .The Chinese may have never given them such nukes and the chinese right now want to withdraw their nukes from the bious.The bious have become radioactive to everyone nowadays me thinks earlier it was only to us indians that hazar was present.

Yusuf me thinks we need to do a fresh rethink about the bious state of mind and their nukes.I think they may have had only tactical nukes and no strategic nukes never and

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I think It is a Ballistic Missile, since it seems to be guided. if it was unguided, it would have been called rocket. correct me if i am wrong
Its can be called a tactical missiles not ballistic in true sense, It guided internally with most probably same as what Scuds use on other PA longer missiles, though 50-60km range is not enough as today's tactical missiles should have..

Today's 155mm/52cal Guns are reaching 70kms, In times of war such system would be a dreadful for its own troops as it can appear on opponent WLR can detect enemy Arty and other within 100-150km and a counter battery of ours can hit the warhead inside your own territory which may cause explosion or damage to nuclear core, Hence its a waste when facing opponent like we Indians..

Patriot

Country flag
Even this thread is meaningless. There was no need for this thread, just to discuss a tube launch rocket.

Next inventions from PAk shall be RPGs, sniper rifles with nuclear warhead. Utter BS..

Iamanidiot

yusuf tactical nukes in wake of cold start also means that the bious no longer keep their nukes in component form.Because Cold start means that they do not have the time to assemble a nuke and lob on us think of it.By the way Yusuf how much plutonium do the bious boaks can produce with one reactor

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
yusuf tactical nukes in wake of cold start also means that the bious no longer keep their nukes in component form.Because Cold start means that they do not have the time to assemble a nuke and lob on us think of it.By the way Yusuf how much plutonium do the bious boaks can produce with one reactor
Yes and that is not the case as Pakistan is shit scared about it's nukes being taken out by CIA, RAW, MOSSAD. the Chinese have a greater nuke threat than Pakistan as it faces enemies who have a first strike capability, keep their nukes in knocked down condition and even their boomers don't go out with live nukes.

I have always considered the Pak nuke threat as a bluff that india has to call at the right time.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
May be they never had nukes of 10-20kt capacity .The Chinese may have never given them such nukes and the chinese right now want to withdraw their nukes from the bious.The bious have become radioactive to everyone nowadays me thinks earlier it was only to us indians that hazar was present.

Yusuf me thinks we need to do a fresh rethink about the bious state of mind and their nukes.I think they may have had only tactical nukes and no strategic nukes never and
JP the pakistanis have older designs of Chinese which are Hiroshima yield weapons similar to Pokhran I. India moved to better design in 98. Pak just tested what they acquired in the 70s and 80s. Why do you think they are ramping up their nuke arsenal? Because they know their lower yield nukes might not bring india to it's knees so overwhelm it with quantity. Pakistan will have to use nukes on it's own territory which would not be a good idea.

At the end if it all, based on their doctrine, if they bad to use their nukes, it means they have lost the war already.

rizwan78

Country flag

Dude :deadhorse: have chill pill, Batti bhuja aor soo ja ( Switch off the light & go to sleep )

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Dude :deadhorse: have chill pill, Batti bhuja aor soo ja ( Switch off the light & go to sleep )
Looks more like a case of you batti getting gul and you not having answers to the questions posed.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Looks more like a case of you batti getting gul and you not having answers to the questions posed.
He don't have any answer, that thing with 60km range is Joke...

Rest is clear...

rizwan78

Country flag
What question ? did you have any question if i ask you that India don't have nukes capability..India have purchased its all Missile tech from Russia... India could not make a single bullet with out getting help from EU countries ? You are the most senior member of this forum, you guys knows what the reality is, SO back to the topic please

chex3009

Country flag
if this is joke why you are wasting your time & posting at unknown topic ? just for self satisfaction ?
by the way this is from your own news paper
http://www.fas.org/irp/news/1998/05/may16_cia.html
Man, r u mad?
Just go through the article once, if you know English, you have made a blunder posting this link here.

This article signifies India's capability of deception from the US intelligence about our Nuclear testing where the US intel was caught unawares.
Thanks for posting this link BTW.

I still couldn't stop laughing. LOL.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
if this is joke why you are wasting your time & posting at unknown topic ? just for self satisfaction ?
by the way this is from your own news paper
http://www.fas.org/irp/news/1998/05/may16_cia.html
Fun anyone ? :D

"It's not a failure of the CIA," said Indian nuclear researcher G. Balachandran. "It's a matter of their intelligence being good, our deception being better."
What`s your point... 60km nuke missile which can be knocked out with standered arty ?

If u posted something like Gauri ( Whatever the spell ) or some thing like 700km-3500km i would considered it as a thread.. :)
Even though we Indians have our own BMD and Russian S-300MU protecting us, Our Capability is far beyond than your puny Imaginations.. :D

Post quality not TRASH..

pankaj nema

Country flag
@ Rizwan

India HAS the technology of CANNISTER based missiles .Pakistan wants to prove it too has developed such capability

Pakistan's technological and industrial capabilities are well known to the entire world.

Where would Pakistan be , if the Chinese and North Koreans would not have "spoon fed" Pakistan with Nuclear and missile technology

Are you saying that Pakistan has developed a new missile like ATACMS missiles of US which are launched from the MBRL tubes

This new missile is just an MBRL ie A 100 .In the coming days and months more information will be available so you should stop your celebrations for now

Or the Chinese have sent a system so you can paint it and test fire it and declare it as an indigineous missile

pankaj nema

Country flag
The bigger and more important thing is that if Cold start is such a threat to Pakistan that it has lowered its Nuclear threshhold then India can use this STICK for our goals

India only wants the terror attacks to be stopped and our conventional capabilities are meant for punitive strikes

This new "missile " also means that the conventional gap between India and Pakistan has further INCREASED , so that Pakistan fears that even a short , swift and furious war is BEYOND its capability

rizwan78

Country flag
Man, r u mad?
Just go through the article once, if you know English, you have made a blunder posting this link here.

This article signifies India's capability of deception from the US intelligence about our Nuclear testing where the US intel was caught unawares.
Thanks for posting this link BTW.

I still couldn't stop laughing. LOL.
sorry yaar link that i have posted before was wrong

rizwan78

Country flag
@ Rizwan

India HAS the technology of CANNISTER based missiles .Pakistan wants to prove it too has developed such capability

Pakistan's technological and industrial capabilities are well known to the entire world.

Where would Pakistan be , if the Chinese and North Koreans would not have "spoon fed" Pakistan with Nuclear and missile technology

Are you saying that Pakistan has developed a new missile like ATACMS missiles of US which are launched from the MBRL tubes

This new missile is just an MBRL ie A 100 .In the coming days and months more information will be available so you should stop your celebrations for now

Or the Chinese have sent a system so you can paint it and test fire it and declare it as an indigineous missile
Lat time Babur cruise missile was tested from a canistered

At lest you should admire that Chines & even north korian Tech is lot more better then the fire crackers that you guys have, often wondering how you are able to launch a GSLV when you have never able to made a single workable missile that will works at the time of need

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles