Has the WKK infiltrated Bollywood?

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Actually this letter and post went viral last year.
that old . . .is it ?

I see most of the comments coming from the Southies only

Even if it did , It wouldnt have served her purpose

Last edited:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
You guys are having ball by bashing Punjabi's as well as painting every Punjabi with the same paint brush. I thought forum members are above the crowd but true colour can be seen on this forum and no wonder Bharatvarsh is facing all these challenges and not much comes out of it while a high potential exist given the number of highly qualified individuals from North, South,East and West sometimes seek opportunity overseas.

I am speaking out against this kind of mud slinging as it achieves nothing. "Samajhdar Ko Ishara Hee Bahut Hota Hai."
@SADAKHUSHji

This thread is actually full of inconsistencies.

1. Its based on personal observations and anecdotes
2. It equates bollywood with Punjabis
3. It also equates bollywood with Muslims
4. It further equates Punjabis with WKKs.
5. It consider WKKs to be antiIndia and proPakistan
6. It is contemptous of foreign citizens of Punjabi ancestry because they talk to each other.

My advice don't better, and don't burst the bubble. Haters gonna hate.

http://laurasheehan.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/haterafrican.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
Its uncanny how all the three South Indian beauties madarasan cared to mention, Hema Malini, Sri Devi and Aishwarya Rai , ended up getting married to North Indian men , two of them as second wives . . . . to Punjabis ,

HeHeHe

Yeah, women down there must be really empowered

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Its uncanny how all the three South Indian beauties madarasan cared to mention, Hema Malini, Sri Devi and Aishwarya Rai , ended up getting married to North Indian men , two of them as second wives . . . . to Punjabis ,

HeHeHe

Yeah, women down there must be really empowered
Abhishek Bachchan is 1/4 Punjabi. but this thread is really not about South Indians.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Bollywood is a business. Even Sunny Deol was launching a Pakistani actress. Overseas collections, stageshows fetch huge amounts of money. Doesn't make sense to be overtly and passionately anti-Pak.

I would advocate we need more "WKKs" or non anti-Pak hardliners. We need to make India the cultural capital of all that is Subcontinental. Pakistanis should view India as a reservoir of culture. It'll be the ultimate soft-power coup.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Bollywood has too much WKK-ism, I completely agree. People don't know how much damage WKKs do, seriously - they are a cancer to this nation.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Bollywood has too much WKK-ism, I completely agree. People don't know how much damage WKKs do, seriously - they are a cancer to this nation.
Do you know Indian tv channels are banned in Pakistan during Ramazan so that people goto mosques for prayers ?
Do you know there are only two sorts of tv channels in Pak either news or indian soap channels ?
Do you know Pakistani cinemas run solely because of Indian movies and are routinely sold out ?
Do you know every Pakistani youth grows up listening to Indian songs, and watching Indian movies, copying Indian culture ?
Indian advertisements and stars are used to sell products in Pakistan ?

The kind of damage that these so called WKKs of bollywood do to India is infinitesimally smaller when compared to the damage they do to the Pakistani psyche.

Iamanidiot

Do you know Indian tv channels are banned in Pakistan during Ramazan so that people goto mosques for prayers ?
Do you know there are only two sorts of tv channels in Pak either news or indian soap channels ?
Do you know Pakistani cinemas run solely because of Indian movies and are routinely sold out ?
Do you know every Pakistani youth grows up listening to Indian songs, and watching Indian movies, copying Indian culture ?

The kind of damage that these so called WKKs of bollywood do to India is infinitesimally smaller when compared to the damage they do to the Pakistani psyche.
Did all this prevent a 26/11 or Kargil?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Interesting thought, but I think it is still true that Bollywood can afford to be much less politically correct and more nationalistic than they are currently.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Did all this prevent a 26/11 or Kargil?
JP,
Are you seriously suggesting that Bollywood had a role in 26/11 or Kargil ?

==

Interesting thought, but I think it is still true that Bollywood can afford to be much less politically correct and more nationalistic than they are currently.
How about specific examples ?

The last movie I saw was the dreadful Student of the Year. Imagine a Pakistani seeing it in his country, he'll think wow India is so advanced.

But the Pakistanis that I interact with on a regular basis, are massive fans of Indian movies, but they say they are all so anti-Pak and if its because of Shiv Sena. LOL.

mayfair

Rahul Bhatt who ? the famous actor/director ?
Mahesh Bhatt's son. David Headley was quite chummy with him.

It is hard to believe that it was a mere coincidence.

mayfair

You guys are having ball by bashing Punjabi's as well as painting every Punjabi with the same paint brush. I thought forum members are above the crowd but true colour can be seen on this forum and no wonder Bharatvarsh is facing all these challenges and not much comes out of it while a high potential exist given the number of highly qualified individuals from North, South,East and West sometimes seek opportunity overseas.

I am speaking out against this kind of mud slinging as it achieves nothing. "Samajhdar Ko Ishara Hee Bahut Hota Hai."
Sadakhush ji let me reiterate that I have no intention of bashing Punjabis (or for that matter anyone else) unless they are of the Pakhanaland variety or worse Wagah Kandle-in-the-arse types ala Kuldip Nayyar. I request that my statement be viewed strictly in this context.

I apologise for misunderstanding here and rest assured being raised in Delhi, I have grew up in an environment peppered and enriched by the vibrant Punjabi culture.

Joji

Has the WKK infiltrated Bollywood?

Simple, sex and violence is easy to sell. In addition, no creativity required for both. Time is also a not a problem for the same. Therefore, most bollywood people just selling that stuff. Making a good movie requires creativity, research, and time that no one wants to spend. When a movie like Ek Tha Tiger can make 100 cr in a week you can see the bollywood standard of making a spy film:facepalm: and why they dont want to research. Bollywood just make romantic movies or some c grade cheap comedy movie. Exceptions are there like Gangs of Wasseypur or Paan Singh Tomar.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
even if it is why should I care :noidea:. hey even if a war breaks out, I am safe right? :hmm:

after all I want a deeper than ocean relation with Pakistan too just like the one we have with Sri Lanka:rock:

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
Mahesh Bhatt's son. David Headley was quite chummy with him.

It is hard to believe that it was a mere coincidence.
Mahesh bhatt is a paki fan as he is often seen on paki channels.
He also roots for pakis on indian news shows when he is called.
David headley is a paki isi agent.
mumbai film industry has lots of mafia funding.
mafias have connection with isi.

therefore,
mahesh bhatt could have been used by isi knowingly.
you can expect this from that pimp smug

Defcon 1

Country flag
When was the last time you saw a nationalistic Indian movie?
When was the last time you saw a movie on Indian military or any of the war it has fought?

It has been long long time since i saw a good does of nationalism in any movie.
Agent Vinod was just a joke which ended up showing how the chief of ISI has a good conscience (what the hell!) and kareena kapoor is a good paki.These things never happen in real life!

Last quality movie i saw was Lakshya.

One would have expected that with increased money in bollywood and better technology they will come up with better movies but thats not happening!

IMO the peaceniks,Wagah Kandle Kissers(WKK) and secularwaadis like mahesh bhatt,shahrukh khan etc have brought too much political correctness into the movie industry.
This is total farce because bollywood can play the same role as Hollywood plays in the pop american culture.Hollywood symbolizes the USA as the beacon of freedom,liberty,power with a god given right to lead the world.

In our case Bollywood could have played that role of brainwashing people into the Indian universalism.

Except weekly releases of cheap tapori movies what else are these nutjobs capable off?

I am yet to see a movie on Mahabharata.A movie like Troy gives shrills to the westeners and they take extreme pride in their civilization.In india we have an equivalent of Mahabharata but why no one is taking this project?

Movies play a very important role in defining the national consciousness and the pop culture.I find this vision completely missing in bollywood.
Ok, first clarify what type of movie do you want to see. Nationalistic like Lakshya or mythology like mahabharata? Also, your troy story is false, since the story is about greeks whereas the movie was made in US. They are different civilizations.

Anyways, the reason why people don't movies very excellent movies in India is because there is simply no need. When movies like Dabang can go superhit, who wants to waste their time, carefully writing plot, characters, spending time casting right actors when just the name of shahrukh khan or salman khan will bring millions to the halls. The fact is, till our audiences become more educated, quality is not going to improve. The current educated movie going crowd is mainly made up of young people, for whom romance is more important than the stuff you have talked about. Thats why, I stopped watching bollywood long time ago.

And might I add that calling names(like WKK) to the people who do not share your viewpoint shows your emotional immaturity. You are a kid aren't you?

Last edited:

Cliff@sea

C'est la vie
Country flag
even if it is why should I care :noidea:. hey even if a war breaks out, I am safe right? :hmm:

after all I want a deeper than ocean relation with Pakistan too just like the one we have with Sri Lanka:rock:
Didnt Notice you were back . . . .

:welcome:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles