Happy Chinese New year!

badguy2000

Respected Member
The day after tommorrow is Chinese new year.

May everyone be happy and have a nice new year!

Greeting from Ganzhou city,CHina.here is where Ganzhou city is on maps

I am still in it and dealing with the last jobs before the new year.
here are the the pictures of my office and streetview from My office,which I photoed just now.

Last edited:

Kazah

enjoy...
you have some zodiac animal thing every year....?

badguy2000

Respected Member
the world has been changed much ,since I visited the website 10+ years ago.

During the past 10 years,

Economy crisies broke out in 2008 and impacted on west world.many guys there lost their jobs,savings and even their houses.
wars and riots swept Mideast,and many guys suffered ,injured or even died of the riots and wars there. many guys even fled to europe as refugees.

Compared with those guys suffering during the 10 years, I indeed feel I am a lucky dog.
During the past year, I go married,had a cute kid,owned cars/houses,got promotions and rises of salaries. and to my joy, all of my families are healthy.
10 Years ago, I had nothing but a diploma of postgradute, now I seem to have all what I need.

Thus,here,in the chinesse city,my dream is being realized.

so, guys, May all of you here be a lucky dog and realize your dream in the new Chinese year.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

Economy crisies broke out in 2008 and impacted on west world.many guys there lost their jobs,savings and even their houses.
wars and riots swept Mideast,and many guys suffered ,injured or even died of the riots and wars there. many guys even fled to europe as refugees.

Compared with those guys suffering during the 10 years, I indeed feel I am a lucky dog.
During the past year, I go married,had a cute kid,owned cars/houses,got promotions and rises of salaries. and to my joy, all of my families are healthy.
10 Years ago, I had nothing but a diploma of postgradute, now I seem to have all what I need.

so, guys, May all of you here be a lucky dog and realize your dream in the new Chinese year.
I believe that most important of all is a life with purpose. Pray almighty that you have that life.

rockdog

Country flag

Glad to hear your good news and Happy CNY /Gong Xi Fa Cai!

ashdoc

Country flag
Happy Chinese New year

Happy Valentine's day everyone

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Happy Chinese new year 2018, this is a the year of dog for chinese!

Compersion

Country flag
gōng xǐ fā cái

Also it is a fascinating thought someone was telling me that when they view pictures of PRC diplomats they are wearing really expensive clothes and their spouses carrying really expensive accessories and wearing jewellery of high amounts. Many times they are Italian, British and even Switzerland origin and of extremely high value (USD terms). Sometimes far above and beyond median amounts of calculations. Silk gowns and dresses, bracelets depicting insecurity and superstitious thoughts and nothing of humbleness and even accordance to local hosts. Acting like dominant overlords and not guests. Soft power of the PRC diplomats perhaps. When greetings are made the intentions are seen ********

Perhaps one day they will wear simple suits and ties and dresses pride in their origins and representations. Perhaps one day greetings will be made with genuine thoughts and good intentions. I’m not talking about ex-pm and his jewellery issues and even what jacket president wears. But someone told me the pretext of PRC diplomats and its representatives is that money ought to be thrown in the face of others perhaps. The pragmatic PRC diplomat and representative of PRC outside PRC is now I fear a rare sight ... but I know there is a few out there.

Those the pragmatic are the ones and such people amongst the Chinese people all over the world (be it in PRC and otherwise) that deserve greetings : Happy Chinese New Year

*nothing else but a continuation of the above. Empty thoughts and empty structures and empty hearts. Nothing else but i wish all the people prosperity and more ahead.

Last edited:

dhananjay1

I watched this 3 episode series last year. Gives a good glimpse of massive festival.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Is this year of the Rabbit ?

===========°

badguy2000

Respected Member
the agenda on the fist day after Chinese year is usually to visit the parents/relatives of husbands'.

Thus, today, I,as well as my wife and the kid ,visited my parents.
here is where my parent's apartment is . they live on the 10th floor of the plaza. the parking site was very vacant,because most of people had go back to the rural villages for the new year.

My parents prepared a hearty-meal for us

then,we shopped at a mall nearby.

it might bring gook luck to ride a dog in the year of dog.

toys are always the favorite of kids.

then,according to convention,we give away some money to my parents as new year gift. and my parents give away some money to my kid, their grandson as gift.

the money was usually gifted as a package of money once,but now it was gifted by wechat.

at last,it is time to say good by to the parent and go home.

the agenda of tommorrow is usually to visit the parents/relatives of wives.
I would visit the uncle of my wife ,who live in a rual village 60KM away.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
the agenda of today is to visit the uncle of my wife,who live in a rural village 60 KM away.

so,the trip today started from the entrance of the expressway: East Entrance of Ganzhou-Beltway.

Before 2003,there was no expressway in Ganzhou prefecture,which has Ganzhou city as its capital . Ganzhou prefecture(39000+ Square KM, a population of 9M+) is as large as Belgium,either by size or by population.

the expessway extends south to Guangzhou 480KM away(as the signboard shows),but we would leave it through a outlet 40KM+ away.

then ,the outlet to the village appeared. It took us less than half a hour to drive on the expressway from the entrance to the outlet(about 40+KM)

here are the roads to the village. the closer to the village, the smaller the road are.

the town closest to the village appeared. it is about 7KM away from the villiage where the uncle lives.

After phoning her uncle, my wife told me that her uncle had move to the town from the village.Thus, we need not go further to the village as before.
here is the apartment where her uncle live now. His eldest son(the eldest cousin of my wife) bought one apartment on the 7th floor of the building.

the young fellow happily took his small toy-bag.wherever he is ,he always bring those toys.

Last edited:

badguy2000

Respected Member
after having a dinner with the uncle and his families, we gifted some money to them,thenreturned to Ganzhou this afternoon.
the uncle told us that most people had left village and moved to towns or cities nearby,except that some old people insist living there. More and more village become vacant.
He said that those villages might be abandoned after those old people died

When the East Eantrance to the Ganzhou_Beltway appeared again, we knew we had arrived at Ganzhou city.

the wholesale fruit&vegetables market nearby the entrance.

one Industry park near my home

badguy2000

Respected Member
Just as I posted , the village ,where the uncle lived, is becoming "abandoned ghost village' day by day,because no younth would like stay here.

then what those 'destined ghost village' looks like??
here are some pictures others photos.
the village look beautiful,but it is destined to be abandoned, for it can not provide youth decent jobs as cities do.

that is what happens in China today:"inevitable urbanization"

jon jon jon

Country flag
Happy Chinese New Year 2018.

The streets of Kuala Lumpur is almost totally empty as most people are back in their hometowns throughout Malaysia. As usual, business will only be back to their normalcy on almost the end of this month since local Chinese own most of the businesses in Malaysia...well almost all of Southeast Asia... For a minority, they are very successful, I must say

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
t_co Happy Chinese New Year! China 7
Ray Happy New Year to Chinese posters Introductions & Announcements 3
badguy2000 happy chinese new year! China 11
Ray Happy Chinese New Year 2013 China 33