Happy 350th Prakash Utsav!

AnantS

Country flag
Happy Guru Gobind Singh ji's Prakashostav! Guru ji take avatar once more to make us weak sparrows defeat the eagle of vices.

@Project Dharma @lcafanboy @hit&run & others.. Lets celebrate the by posting favorite quotes of Guru.

One of the most popular(epitomized by Border film)
Chidya naal main baaz ladava, Tabhi Guru Gobind Singh naam kahawa

(I can only be called Guru Gobind Singh, if I enable (weak) sparrows(downtrodden) capable of resisting the hawks/eagle(Tyrannical forces)) -

Deh siva bar mohe eh-hey subh karman te kabhu na taro. Na daro arr seo jab jaye laro nischey kar apni jit karo. Arr Sikh ho apne he mann ko, eh laalach hou gun tau ucharo. Jab aav ki audh nidan bane att he rann me tabh joojh maro. (Chandi Charitar - Dasam Granth)

Hey Sivaa(Shakti/God), grant my request so that I may never deviate from doing good deeds. That, I shall have no fear of the enemy when I go into battle and with determination I will be victorious. That, I may teach my mind to only sing your praises. And when the time comes, I should die fighting heroically on the field of battle

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Happy Guru Gobind Singh ji's Prakashostav! Guru ji take avatar once more to make us weak sparrows defeat the eagle of vices.

@Project Dharma @lcafanboy @hit&run & others.. Lets celebrate the by posting favorite quotes of Guru.

One of the most popular(epitomized by Border film)
Chidya naal main baaz ladava, Tabhi Guru Gobind Singh naam kahawa

(I can only be called Guru Gobind Singh, if I enable (weak) sparrows(downtrodden) capable of resisting the hawks/eagle(Tyrannical forces)) -

Deh siva bar mohe eh-hey subh karman te kabhu na taro. Na daro arr seo jab jaye laro nischey kar apni jit karo. Arr Sikh ho apne he mann ko, eh laalach hou gun tau ucharo. Jab aav ki audh nidan bane att he rann me tabh joojh maro. (Chandi Charitar - Dasam Granth)

Hey Sivaa(Shakti/God), grant my request so that I may never deviate from doing good deeds. That, I shall have no fear of the enemy when I go into battle and with determination I will be victorious. That, I may teach my mind to only sing your praises. And when the time comes, I should die fighting heroically on the field of battle
Paaji don't have time to translate for others, so only posting Gurmukhi version for you. Very rare vaak of Guru Sahib only found in Dasam Granth beers in hands of Nihang Singhs.

ਨਮੋ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਭਗੋਤੀ ਬਢੈਲੀ ਸਰੋਹੀ।
ਕਰੇ ਏਕ ਤੇ ਦਵੈ ਸਭਟ ਹਾਥ ਸੋਹੀ।
ਨਮੋ ਲੋਹ ਪੁਤਰੀ ਅੱਛਹੰ ਰਹੰਤੀ।
ਨਮੋ ਜੀਭ ਜਵਾਲਾਮੁਖੀ ਜਯੋ ਬਲੰਤੀ।
ਨਮੋ ਤੇਜ ਤਲਵਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਖਗ ਖੰਡਾ।
ਪਰਜਾ ਮੰਡਣੀ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਹੁੰਤਾ।
ਜਬੈ ਮਯਾਨ ਤੇ ਬੀਰ ਤੋ ਕੋ ਸੜੱਕੇ।
ਪ੍ਰਲੈ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਸਿਜ ਬਕੇ ਭੜੱਕੇ।
ਰੁਧਰ ਮੰਜਨੀ ਗੰਜਨੀ ਨੂੰ ਅਗੋਤੀ।
ਸਦਾ ਜੈ ਸਦਾ ਜੈ ਸਦਾ ਜੈ ਭਗੋਤੀ।
ਸਦਾ ਚਾਹਨੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੋ ਦਾਨ ਦੀਜੈ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਸ਼ਾਹ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕੀ ਰਖ ਕੀਜੈ।

AnantS

Country flag
Here is another:

"Sava Lakh Se Ek Laraun Tabhi Gobind Singh Naam Kahaun"

If I enable one (righteous) to take on 125000 enemies, then only I deserve to be called Guru Gobind

AnantS

Country flag
Paaji don't have time to translate for others, so only posting Gurmukhi version for you. Very rare vaak of Guru Sahib only found in Dasam Granth beers in hands of Nihang Singhs.

ਕਰੇ ਏਕ ਤੇ ਦਵੈ ਸਭਟ ਹਾਥ ਸੋਹੀ।
ਨਮੋ ਲੋਹ ਪੁਤਰੀ ਅੱਛਹੰ ਰਹੰਤੀ।
ਨਮੋ ਜੀਭ ਜਵਾਲਾਮੁਖੀ ਜਯੋ ਬਲੰਤੀ।
ਨਮੋ ਤੇਜ ਤਲਵਾਰ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਖਗ ਖੰਡਾ।
ਪਰਜਾ ਮੰਡਣੀ ਦੁਸ਼ਟ ਹੁੰਤਾ।
ਜਬੈ ਮਯਾਨ ਤੇ ਬੀਰ ਤੋ ਕੋ ਸੜੱਕੇ।
ਪ੍ਰਲੈ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਸਿਜ ਬਕੇ ਭੜੱਕੇ।
ਰੁਧਰ ਮੰਜਨੀ ਗੰਜਨੀ ਨੂੰ ਅਗੋਤੀ।
ਸਦਾ ਜੈ ਸਦਾ ਜੈ ਸਦਾ ਜੈ ਭਗੋਤੀ।
ਸਦਾ ਚਾਹਨੇ ਦਾਸ ਕੋ ਦਾਨ ਦੀਜੈ।
ਗੁਰੂ ਸ਼ਾਹ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਕੀ ਰਖ ਕੀਜੈ।
Will try translating. Though I am not good at translating medieval era text.
Namoh Shree Bhagwati(?) ਬਢੈਲੀ -(Badailli = vadana = cut?) ਸਰੋਹੀ(Sword) - Hail to Godess Bahgwati who uses Sword to slay ??

AnantS

Country flag
Chu kar az hama heelt e dar guzshat,

Halal ast burdan ba shamsheer dast.

"All modes of redressing the wrong having failed,

raising of sword is pious and just."
Thanks for that quote. I remember reading that quote long long back in a photostat shop copying notes for my approaching semester exams. And I was fascinated and used to wonder what that means.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
on the birth of our guru may the true king guide us to dharma and happiness and as the Guru said
"when I make the sparrows able to fight the falcon
when I shall make tigers out of vultures
when I shall make 1 person able to fight with 125,000 people
then will tell my name as Gobind Singh"
bole sonihal sat sri Akal
sree wahe Guru da kalsha
sree waheguru de fathe

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Will try translating. Though I am not good at translating medieval era text.
Namoh Shree Bhagwati(?) ਬਢੈਲੀ -(Badailli = vadana = cut?) ਸਰੋਹੀ(Sword) - Hail to Godess Bahgwati who uses Sword to slay ??
In my humble opinion (Guru ji may forgive mistranslation if I do it), he is seeing roop of Bhagauti in sword.

So hail the sword which has roop of Bhagwati, it cuts easily anything from one to two.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Thanks for that quote. I remember reading that quote long long back in a photostat shop copying notes for my approaching semester exams. And I was fascinated and used to wonder what that means.
It is from Zafarnama which is written in Persian. It is just amazing considering his short life and the troubled times he lived in and how he managed to become a scholar in so many different languages and wrote so much bani.. Just amazing.

vayuu1

Country flag
Sarbans Dani kalgidhar guru Gobind Singh ji me prakash utsav di sare DFi members nu lakh lakh vadhaiyan,
Jo bole so nihaal sat shri akaal
Vahe guru ji da khalsa vahe guru ji Di fateh.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

vayuu1

Country flag
Dehi Shiva var mohey ehay, shubh karman Tay kabahu na darun.
Na darun ari saun jab jaaye ladun,
Nischay kar apni jeet karun.

vayuu1

Country flag
Saale angrej ke pillon ko Christmas yaad hai kisi ko guru purab nhi yaad.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Saale angrej ke pillon ko Christmas yaad hai kisi ko guru purab nhi yaad.

forget Guru Gobind Ji they don't even respect their own gurus what do you expect from such sore losers

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Transferring my post here. @AnantS thanks for creating a dedicated thread.

Delightful wishes of Gurpurab to all DFI members.

The Birthday of Shri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj is observed in India sometimes in December and sometimes in January. It is being observed this year on 25th of December with same great zeal.

A God but not the God,

A King but not the King,

A sacrifice to the servitude, not attainment.

A life less ordinary; a message so profound that brightens the world that was lost in selfish dark.

This 'Shabad' makes me Lament every time hear it.

AnantS

Country flag
It is from Zafarnama which is written in Persian. It is just amazing considering his short life and the troubled times he lived in and how he managed to become a scholar in so many different languages and wrote so much bani.. Just amazing.
Forgive me If I say that but Guru Gobind SIngh ji was Nationalist to core and true Indian. I just imagine the passion he had to not only fight unjust Invaders, awake & unite India , but also revive and preserve old traditions. I am lost but I remember there is another couplet where he castigates Khatris(kashatriyas) who forget their dharma(duty) and feel pride in adopting foreign language. I just got goosebumps, thinking about the anguish he must have felt while writing that line.

AnantS

Country flag
In my humble opinion (Guru ji may forgive mistranslation if I do it), he is seeing roop of Bhagauti in sword.

So hail the sword which has roop of Bhagwati, it cuts easily anything from one to two.
Thanks man for correcting. Sorry I am not great at translating old texts :) be it hindi, punjabi or even english. I am secular while exhibiting this incompetence

Global Defence

New threads

Articles