Hamas military chief Ahmed Jabari killed by Israel

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Recap: Second Day of Fighting

Over the past 24 hours, the IDF continued with Operation Pillar of Defense, targeting dozens of rocket launching sites, inflicting severe damage to the rocket launching capabilities of terror organizations operating in the Gaza Strip. In addition, IAF aircraft targeted several terrorist squads that were involved in firing rockets toward Israel.

The aim of targeting these sites is to impair the rocket launching capability of terror organizations in the Gaza Strip and hamper their continued build up.

Since the start of the operation the Israeli Air Force has targeted 300 terror activity sites in the Gaza Strip.

Additionally, Armored Forces targeted terror activity sites in the northern Gaza Strip.

This evening, Israeli Navy soldiers fired towards Hamas' terror targets on the Gaza shore line.

Over the past few days, over 300 rockets were fired at Israeli communities. One rocket hit the central Israeli city Rishon Lezion, located approximately 60 km from the Gaza Strip.

Additionally, three Israelis were killed when a rocket hit their house

The Iron Dome Missile Defense System has successfully intercepted over 130 rockets launched from Gaza, aimed at Israel.

Hamas – that rules over the Gaza strip, has turned it into a frontal base for Iran, forcing Israeli citizens to live under unbearable circumstances.

The IDF is determined to continue targeting sites that are used to carry out terror attacks against Israeli citizens.

Recap: Second Day of Fighting • IDF Blog | The Official Blog of the Israel Defense Forces

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
I have to disagree. Saying a befitting reply was not given by India is belittling the sacrifices of those who died fighting. Remember the Chinese declared ceasefire because they could not sustain the war. If the war had dragged a bit longer, they would have been given a severe drubbing.

And yes the most important similarity between 62 and 99 was that Indian leaders at both times were living under the delusion of peace and giving their counterparts hugs and calling Bhai Bhai and shyt.
The results of the two wars were completely different to be compared - 1962 was a Royal defeat, however, 1999 wasn't.....The leadership of India in 1999 may be singing bhaichara songs; however, they were not delusioned as seen in the case of Nehru. The reaction was swift and results were favorable.

Nehru had full knowledge about China's open intentions and occupation of Tibet -- he still did not prepare for defenses and deliberately rendered armed forces weak, however, in 1999 the battle area was very focused, enemy Covertly occupied few Hill Tops (unlike in 1962 where Chinese did everything out in the open) and it wasn't a Full Scale War, enemy had taken few peaks due to failure of military intelligence, they had to be driven out -- and they were eventually driven out - in the case of 1962 where large tract of land is still occupied by china.....I can go on providing such comparison, however this has been discussed in length and breadth! The ulterior motives of secular 'intellectuals' in comparing the two wars is a shameless attempt to compare Blundererous 3rd grade leader such as Nehru with ABV - which obviously will fall flat as we dissect the two wars more minutely to observe the scenarios and end result!

Saying a befitting reply was not given by India is belittling the sacrifices of those who died fighting.
Your convoluted assertion above does not find any metal at my end! Clearly, we lost 1962 war due to failed weak disillusioned leadership of Nehru and his pet Generals - 1962 was a disaster for the country!! Befitting reply being not given can never belittles anybodies sacrifices -- but shows Poor Leadership of a Selfish Demented man!

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Unlike 1962, in 1999 a befitting reply was given.....the security & intelligence laps cannot be forgiven and guilty should be punished, be it anyone in security apparatus!! Comparing 1962 with 1999 will be a phenomenal mistake!
62 and 99 are different since we lost one and won one.

But the common thing is lack of metal in the leadership. The undecided pacifist leadership didnt prove to be a real backup for the brave soldiers who fought on the front line and in many cases with bare hands. :tsk:

Despite intelligence and warnings given to political leadership they did nothing until we lost few hundred soldiers.It's other thing that Army killed about 4,000 Pakis later on suffering 500 casualities of its own.

Last edited:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The results of the two wars were completely different to be compared - 1962 was a Royal defeat, however, 1999 wasn't.....The leadership of India in 1999 may be singing bhaichara songs; however, they were not delusioned as seen in the case of Nehru. The reaction was swift and results were favorable.

Nehru had full knowledge about China's open intentions and occupation of Tibet -- he still did not prepare for defenses and deliberately rendered armed forces weak, however, in 1999 the battle area was very focused, enemy Covertly occupied few Hill Tops (unlike in 1962 where Chinese did everything out in the open) and it wasn't a Full Scale War, enemy had taken few peaks due to failure of military intelligence, they had to be driven out -- and they were eventually driven out - in the case of 1962 where large tract of land is still occupied by china.....I can go on providing such comparison, however this has been discussed in length and breadth! The ulterior motives of secular 'intellectuals' in comparing the two wars is a shameless attempt to compare Blundererous 3rd grade leader such as Nehru with ABV - which obviously will fall flat as we dissect the two wars more minutely to observe the scenarios and end result!

Your convoluted assertion above does not find any metal at my end! Clearly, we lost 1962 war due to failed weak disillusioned leadership of Nehru and his pet Generals - 1962 was a disaster for the country!! Befitting reply being not given can never belittles anybodies sacrifices -- but shows Poor Leadership of a Selfish Demented man!
There were intel failures on both occassions. Nehru was not sitting on his haunches and letting the Chinese march till delhi. India did put up a fight. India managed to hold a lot of its territory. China declared ceasefire when they knew they will not be able to fight any longer. If the war had dragged a bit more, we would have had a different result.
Indian Army of 1999 equipment wise is much better.

And yes I will concede that the general planning on how the 62 war was fought was completely shitty and I will also concede that even the 99 war under political diktat of not crossing the LoC was completely shitty. In 99 we got deterred by Paki nukes. If ABV had not tied the hands of the armed forces, we would not have lost the 527 brave men of Indian Army.

maomao

Country flag
62 and 99 are different since we lost one and won one.

But the common thing is lack of metal in the leadership. The undecided pacifist leadership didnt prove to be a real backup for the brave soldiers who fought on the front line and in many cases with bare hands. :tsk:
OK, I think I have you an example to show the differences of leadership.....When in 1999, air support was asked to blow paki bunkers -- the orders were issued instantly which made a big difference the final outcome of the war and reducing the mounting casualty rates; however, in 1962 we know what was Nehru upto! I hope this simple example clears your doubt about the style leadership not being same!

Yes, I agree that we can never have Bhaichara with pakis or per say with any hardcore islamic country -- they will use islam to justify their nefarious designs and back stab you, any attempt to do the same calls for condemnation and I condemn NDA's move to improve relations with pakistan and not working towards it's further disintegration!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
OK, I think I have you an example to show the differences of leadership.....When in 1999, air support was asked to blow paki bunkers -- the orders were issued instantly which made a big difference the final outcome of the war and reducing the mounting casualty rates; however, in 1962 we know what was Nehru upto! I hope this simple example clears your doubt about the style leadership not being same!

Yes, I agree that we can never have Bhaichara with pakis or per say with any hardcore islamic country -- they will use islam to justify their nefarious designs and back stab you, any attempt to do the same calls for condemnation and I condemn NDA's move to improve relations with pakistan and not working towards it's further disintegration!
Why did ABV ask IA and IAF to not cross the LoC?

maomao

Country flag
There were intel failures on both occassions. Nehru was not sitting on his haunches and letting the Chinese march till delhi. India did put up a fight. India managed to hold a lot of its territory. China declared ceasefire when they knew they will not be able to fight any longer. If the war had dragged a bit more, we would have had a different result.
Indian Army of 1999 equipment wise is much better.

And yes I will concede that the general planning on how the 62 war was fought was completely shitty and I will also concede that even the 99 war under political diktat of not crossing the LoC was completely shitty. In 99 we got deterred by Paki nukes. If ABV had not tied the hands of the armed forces, we would not have lost the 527 brave men of Indian Army.
I agree with most of your points!

However, I do not agree that Nehru went full throttle with war mode! He again went international and projected himself as a 'Fakir' for peace with the mounting casualties, he kept the best generals at the bay and brought armchair liberal fools like General Thappar in forefront (Guess what he was Karan Thappar's father the con-gress loyalist)! He proved himself to be a lapdog of US and west, subsequently loosing support of all the allies, hence the result; however, this wasn't the case with ABV he managed the war really well and there was hardly anyone laughing at us in the end!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I agree with most of your points!

However, I do not agree that Nehru went full throttle with war mode! He again went international and projected himself as a 'Fakir' for peace with the mounting casualties, he kept the best generals at the bay and brought armchair liberal fools like General Thappar in forefront (Guess what he was Karan Thappar's father the con-gress loyalist)! He proved himself to be a lapdog of US and west, subsequently loosing support of all the allies, hence the result; however, this wasn't the case with ABV he managed the war really well and there was hardly anyone laughing at us in the end!
It was Nehrus wisdom or lack of it. The military planners didn't do a good job too.

Again, why did ABV tie the hands of the armed forces and not go "full throttle" and cross the LoC?
India had a good opportunity to teach the Pakis a good lesson but we chickened out fearing Paki Nukes.

maomao

Country flag
Why did ABV ask IA and IAF to not cross the LoC?
As I had mentioned that the war was focused in small region that too for Hill Tops, moreover, pakistan had again asserted that the hill tops were occupied by Kashmiri Jihadis and it had no intention to escalate this situation into a full scale war. This made it difficult for India to justify a full scale war scenario with pakistan who was flashing Nukes. This wasn't a full scale war nor did pakistan declare a war on India as observed in the case of Chinese aggression of 1962!

Pakistan's intentions were to further internationalize the Kashmir issue in case India escalates the infiltration into a full scale war! Hence the decision of keeping the war localized and not Nuking pakistan to oblivion; however I prefer the latter!

China had crossed miles into Indian territory and pakis were occupying few hill tops loosened during the winters. Unlike, 1962, IAF was used to break backbones of paki -- that's the difference!

Last edited:

maomao

Country flag
It was Nehrus wisdom or lack of it. The military planners didn't do a good job too.

Again, why did ABV tie the hands of the armed forces and not go "full throttle" and cross the LoC?
India had a good opportunity to teach the Pakis a good lesson but we chickened out fearing Paki Nukes.
Read the above comment! :)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As I had mentioned that the war was focused in small region that too for Hill Tops, moreover, pakistan had again asserted that the hill tops were occupied by Kashmiri Jihadis and it had no intention to escalate this situation into a full scale war. This made it difficult for India to justify a full scale war scenario with pakistan who was flashing Nukes. This wasn't a full scale war nor did pakistan declare a war on India as observed in the case of Chinese aggression of 1962!

Pakistan's intentions were to further internationalize the Kashmir issue in case India escalates the infiltration into a full scale war! Hence the decision of keeping the war localized and not Nuking pakistan to oblivion; however I prefer the latter!
1)India had to cross the LoC to cut off he supplies. We could not under political diktat
2) the land beyond LoC is OUR territory and we were well within our rights to enter our territory and also reclaim it like we ought to.
3) what about all the talk about teaching Pak a lesson/ break it apart when we give excuses like I was a small border war and Pak did not declare war and kept it limited? What stopped India from blowing the day lights out of Pakistan?

4) you agree ABV chickened out because of Pak Nukes.
5) 62 war was also a border war. It was not a full fletcher war. Nehru justified not using the air force cause he thought it would lead to an all out war and chickened out.

Both Nehru and ABV messed up their respective wars.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Real shame was Agra Summit and beginning of Aman ki Aasha crap !

btw is this thread by any chance about Israel and Hamas ? :D

blank_quest

Country flag
I know every thread becomes the mess in long run
1. it becomes Hindu''tva'' Zionists vs Islamic Communals.
2. Congress vs BJP.
3. Pakistan vs India.
4. Who looted more vs who looted less.
5. who is less secular and who is more secular!
etc etc.. we are great in passing Judgements :D

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Operation Pillar of Defense

Israel Strikes 500 Terror Targets in Gaza

The IDF hit roughly 150 terrorist targets in Gaza over Thursday night. Most of the targets hit were rocket launchers used for mid-range missiles. IAF planes also took out several weapons storage sites.A total of 500 Gaza targets have been hit since the beginning of Operation Pillar of Defense.

IAF air strike in Gaza, Photo: Flash 90

The Palestinian Authority media reported that another site targeted Thursday night was the home of senior Hamas commander Mohammad Sanour in Khan Younis. Two people were reportedly injured in the strike.

The strikes have so far had the desired effect: a significant reduction in the frequency of rocket attacks on Israel. Terrorists launched several rockets overnight, compared to several dozen per night earlier in the week.

Rocket attack, Flash 90

Strikes continue, with the IDF taking out underground launch sites. IDF sources said the military has precise intelligence information on the location of the sites.

IDF spokespeople have urged civilians in Gaza who are aware of Hamas installations or rocket launching near their home to temporarily leave the area.

The Hebrew name for the operation is Amud Anan, a reference to the G-d-sent Pillar of Smoke (cloud) that protected the Children of Israel in their desert sojourn during the day, while a pillar of fire lit their way at night. Since the literal translation would not have that association, the English official translation differs from the literal meaning of the expression.

Israel Strikes 500 Terror Targets in Gaza | United with Israel

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I know every thread becomes the mess in long run
1. it becomes Hindu''tva'' Zionists vs Islamic Communals.
2. Congress vs BJP.
3. Pakistan vs India.
4. Who looted more vs who looted less.
5. who is less secular and who is more secular!
etc etc.. we are great in passing Judgements :D
In all of this India V Pakis is the best option and my pet subject :D So I allow using my :powah!:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
Rockets fired at Tel Aviv area for first time since Gulf War

For first time in over 20 years, siren heard in Tel Aviv metropolitan area; two rockets land in open areas shortly thereafter; two hours earlier, rocket lands in Rishon Lezion area; no injuries reported in either attack. Beersheba home sustains direct hit, none hurt. Three Kiryat Malachi residents killed in morning rocket attack

Tel Aviv highway during siren

Real siren sounded in Tel Aviv for first time since 1991: Palestinian terrorists in Gaza fired at least two rockets toward the Tel Aviv metropolitan area at around 6:45 pm Thursday, a day after an Israeli airstrike killed top Hamas commander Ahmed Jabari in Gaza. Both rockets landed in open areas, and there were no reports of injury or damage.

IDF Spokesperson Brigadier General Yoav Mordechai confirmed that there were no reports of explosions on the ground. "The IDF is continuing with its intensive activity in the Gaza Strip," he said. The Magen David Adom emergency services also confirmed there were no injuries in the attack on Tel Aviv.

Palestinian Islamic Jihad claimed responsibility for the rocket attack, saying it fired Fajr-5 missiles at the coastal city.

The incident marked the first time that a real siren was activated in Tel Aviv since the Gulf War in the early 1990s.

A man who was driving along the Ayalon Highway during the attack told Ynet: "When we heard the siren everyone stopped, stepped out of their cars and took cover. The last time I did that was during the Gulf War. It was frightening."

Two hours earlier, a siren sounded in Rishon Lezion for the first time since Israel launched Operation Pillar of Defense against terrorists in Gaza. A rocket landed in the area a short while later, but there were no reports of injury or damage.

Shortly after 8 pm a house in Beersheba sustained a direct hit from a Grad rocket fired from Gaza. The house was damaged, but there were no injuries.

During the evening hours Palestinians fired a rocket at an IDF vehicle travelling near the Gaza border. The soldiers inside the vehicle were not injured, and slight damage was caused to the vehicle.

The rocket barrages on south Israel intensified at around 8 pm. About 30 minutes before the direct hit on the house, the Iron Dome missile defense system intercepted five rockets over Beersheba. Another one was intercepted over Kiryat Malachi. Sirens were also sounded Thursday evening in Ashdod, and Be'er Tuvia.

In the morning three people – two men and a woman – were killed when a rocket hit an apartment building in the city of Kiryat Malachi.

The IDF said Thursday that the Iron Dome missile defense system has successfully intercepted close to 100 rockets since Operation Pillar of Defense began, adding that some 140 rockets and mortars landed in Israeli territory. The army has attacked nearly 230 terror targets throughout Gaza.

Rockets fired at Tel Aviv area for first time since Gulf War - Israel News, Ynetnews

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
What is funny is how rockets get into the hands of Palestinians in Gaza when Israel has total control of the area and it's borders?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles