Half of money stashed abroad belongs to Congress leaders: Maneka Gandhi

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SHASH2K2, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

Half of money stashed abroad belongs to Congress leaders: Maneka Gandhi

BAREILLY: BJP MP Maneka Gandhi has alleged that half of India's black money stashed in Swiss banks belonged to ministers, leaders and supporters of the Congress party.

The BJP leader, while talking to reporters on Sunday night, also alleged that the Congress had kept CBI in its locker and used the agency as and when it required. http://defenceforumindia.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=45

She also slammed the Congress party's attitude towards Baba Ramdev and social activist Anna Hazare, calling it "undignified."

"As money of Congress leaders is stashed in Swiss banks, therefore the party wants to curb every voice being raised against it," Maneka alleged.

Terming Anna Hazare's proposed agitation from August 16 as a "struggle for economic freedom," she said that whatever her party decided at the all-party meet on Lokpal Bill, likely to be held next month, would be acceptable.

Dark_Prince and A chauhan like this.
  3. johnee

johnee Elite Member Elite Member

Only half?!!! Does the rest of the half belong to NCP and DMK?

I bet more than half of congress black money belongs to Gandhis.

Zoravar and Dark_Prince like this.
  4. SHASH2K2

SHASH2K2 New Member

SOniya Gandhi is able to control congress and everybody respect her because of control over black money stashed abroad. If there is no black money with soniya gandhi congress will see lots of chaos and all this party discipline will go down the drain.

5. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Is that Menaka Gandhi the animal protectionist who said so?

Why is she gunning for SG?

6. johnee

Well said. Money power is the real power. Jagan, who is supposedly leading the revolt against Congress in AP, is doing so the might of his ill-begotten money(from mines), when his father was at the helm.
    In short, If the other congressmen acquire same money power as Gandhis, then they will revolt and start their own party on the lines of Pawar and Jagan. The present gen of Dynasty lack mass-appeal, charisma and reputation. Even their better pedigree is giving them no aura...

Zoravar likes this.
  7. johnee

Well, thats par for the course in Indian households, isnt it?!! Devrani-Jethani...

8. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

and other half belongs to bjp ?

9. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

They have not been in power long enough to reach 50% the other is divided btw DMK,BSP,SP,NCP etc :)

10. plugwater

plugwater Elite Member Elite Member

2G scam happened in less than 2 years, So you don't have to be in power for long to make money :)

11. Dark_Prince

Dark_Prince Regular Member

Yeah, they ruled on and off for 5-6 years and amassed more/equal money than congress.....then by ur logic communists and other corrupt leftists must be having a bigger share than corrupt congress??

12. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Nothing but a lose comment from MG. I have always maintained that majority of the black money abroad is of businessmen, industrialist and the likes to evade tax. Look at IPL. Majority holding companies are listed in tax havens. This is how black money is channeled back to India.

What's the use of parking big money in bank when you can make more outside of it? All such money does come back to India, more money made of it and again tax evaded and money parked back into foreign banks till the next big money making opportunity comes.

Money of corrupt politicians would be a fraction of all that.

13. Godless-Kafir

Godless-Kafir DFI Buddha Senior Member

What about the black money we handle every day? Are we all scot free?

When we buy an apartment we pay half Accounted and Half Unaccounted, with such type of dealing all of us have be behind bars.

But Tax is such a drag, i am selling a car for 5.8lakhs and i have to pay 12% Tax to GoI thats 70,000 of my money!! Why the [email protected] is that?:mad2:

14. Yusuf

Exactly. It's all so hypocrtical. Black market in India by some estimate is 50% of the GDP. I feel it might be even higher. There is no big corporation that does not evade tax. You can evade tax within the laws!!! That's how the laws are. There are always technical loopholes that people exploit.

When you talk about black money when people buy houses. I think that's what saved India when real estate went bust in the west. If your own black money is sunk into your house, you will not default on the rest of the "white" loan.

15. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

Every Tom **** and Harry of Indian politician and there pappus i mean PA, IAS, IPS have black money or property abroad.

16. Yusuf

I am sure you have proof of your claim of every politician and babu having black money abroad. Waiting forward to seeing it.

17. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

yususf, just a hint most of the bureaucrats children are studying abroad. Did all of them 100% scholarship. We have lots of members who are studying or have studied abroad, they could shed some light on how much money their parents had to shell out.

18. malluowl

malluowl Regular Member

Maneka Gandhi, how can I forget her. When I was a little kid she banned the use of wood on railway tracks. My parents told me she wanted to save the trees. I had great admiration for her administrative capabilities but recently she and her son has become delusional and hate mongers.