HAL Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) and Light Observation Helicopter (LOH)

SilentKiller

Country flag
Ok, but here is the question.....

If I have my bike and my cousins bike, i would prefer to use my bike.

When we have equally capable helo LUH as k-226, then we should buy LUH unless

1. K-226 provides additional advantages than LUH.
OR​
2. LUH encountered a serious problem and may take more time and may not be available by early 20's.
OR​
3. We are forced to buy Kamov as it is tied up with S-400.

So folks, the reason could be any of the above. I know it is not 1 and can only hope it is not 2
1. Yes on Safety, Ka-226T is twin engine while LUH is single engine. LUH is only for army and airforce, navy won't go for it as it requires a light twin engine replacement. Twin engine is must have for over sea, else such helis need to be close to shoreline etc..some navy policy for safety.
2. LUH has better Weight to Power ratio, project is on time, there is a lot of similarity in components with ALH, so a lot of maoney can be saved.
3. We were not forced to chose Kamov - original intend of IAF and government was 197 form foreign vendor and 200 odd by indian built by HAL. the original requirement was like this only. Kamov edged over others, reason is ToT, production in india, Engine manufacture by same company for ALH/LUH/Ka226T..India needs to replace a lot of old helis, always intend was to have 2 type for helicopters under LUH program
Ka-226 has its own advantages and LUH has its own..both are needed in india, Ka-226 is not eating into LUH requirement atleast for now.

republic_roi97

Country flag
HTSE-1200 was reported to be nearly 450 KG and a single engine would power LUH, Now, the question is can anybody confirm this ?
But defence analyst Ranesh Rajan is wary of HAL claims and points towards a recent statement made by HAL Chairman where he claims that “The HTSE-1200 will weigh around 450 kg and will produce a thrust of 1,200 KW at sea level and can operate up to an altitude 7 km. Rajan says the 450kg weight of the engine might be an error on his part but if it indeed 450kg then it’s much heavier than HAL/Turbomeca Shakti engines used in HAL’s ALH which reportedly has a dry weight of just 205kgs .

idrw.org . Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website , Kindly don't paste our work in other websites http://idrw.org/hindustan-turbo-shaft-engine-htse-1200-indias-shot-at-indigenous-rotor-engines/ .

gadeshi

No offence guys, but in Russian loh means stupid shortminder which is always fooled :)

Отправлено с моего XT1080 через Tapatalk

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Nice to see it can fly, Waiting to see it in Leh for trails ..

rotormagic

Nice to see it can fly, Waiting to see it in Leh for trails ..
I think there were some software issues which have been ironed out. From here it should progress well. Leh tests may not happen this year or I will be surprised at the speed of development. I think the second Proto or TD would be the one to test at Leh (My opinion only)

AbRaj

Country flag
No offence guys, but in Russian loh means stupid shortminder which is always fooled :)

It's LUH sir which is abbreviation for Light Utility Helicopter . It falls in the same category as Ka 226

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Folks, a few days ago I was in luck to see LUH being tested at Bangalore . I was able to record a video from my phone. I regret that the video quality is not great. I am posting the tweet with the video.

Very nice. it flies very fast at low altitude.

gadeshi

It's LUH sir which is abbreviation for Light Utility Helicopter . It falls in the same category as Ka 226
Yes, I know.
It's just a funny observation on Light Observation Helicopter abbreviation :)

gadeshi

Their is no share of intellectual property only screw driver ToT, KA226 is meant for BRO under IAF and not for combat areas ..

Their is a thread for KA226 / LUH, You can post / debate there ..
Well, I think (and some guys from Kumertau AF as well) that India will be a Tier 1 collaborator on this project (will manufacture wide spread of spares and parts for Kumertau Kamov's AF) and will become an exclusive Kamov's partner in SEA region.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Perhaps, It is so ..

===========================

Well, I think (and some guys from Kumertau AF as well) that India will be a Tier 1 collaborator on this project (will manufacture wide spread of spares and parts for Kumertau Kamov's AF) and will become an exclusive Kamov's partner in SEA region.

Bangalibaba

Country flag
Folks, a few days ago I was in luck to see LUH being tested at Bangalore . I was able to record a video from my phone. I regret that the video quality is not great. I am posting the tweet with the video.

So, Saras is again doing taxi trials! great! Pls see the plane behind the LUH,it definitely looks like a Saras..

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag

What sort of trials were going on????

rotormagic

^^^Slightly more than Hover Taxi. The tests were barely out of OGE (out of Ground Effect). The fast flight followed by quick raised nose to decelerate and come to hover is called quick stop.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles