HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

sandeepdg

Gotta say, HAL really seems to have a problem keeping up with normal schedules, forget tight ones !! Never believe them whenever they give a specific date about something big that is going to happen ! :thumbs_thmbdn:

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
http://www.mynews.in/News/HAL_to_flight_test_LCH_prototype_next_month_N36065.htmlhttp://www.mynews.in/News/HAL_to_flight_test_LCH_prototype_next_month_N36065.html

Bangalore: State-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) would fly the first prototype of Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), in February, its chairman Ashok Nayak said today.

Speaking to reporters on the sidelines of a function, he said the first flight test was likely to take place on February two, when Defence Minister A K Antony visits the city.

This was the first attack helicopter to be designed indigenously and was tailor made for Indian Air Force's dedicated requirements, he said.

Apart from LCH, HAL had lined up a number of launches which includes, the Light Utility Helicopter, Turboprop Trainer, Multi-role-Transport Aircraft, Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft and the Indian Multi-role helicopter, Mr Nayak added.

The upgraded Advance Light Helicopter (ALH) produced by HAL, had already been inducted into IAF, he said adding the current batch had been upgraded by integrating several sensors and mission equipment to increase its effectiveness and survivability in hostile environment.

"These ALHs sport Shakti engines for high altitude operations upto six km altitude. Apart, it also had electronic warfare suite and electro optic sensor. Weapons were also being integrated into the helicopters which would be ready for delivery during next year", he added.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Wonder why they create unrest among general masses by this kind of nothing sure scheduling.
--------------
For IMRH and MTA, HAL should include local industry as an active partner by giving them profitable share of business.

Agantrope

Wonder why they create unrest among general masses by this kind of nothing sure scheduling.
Really :rofl:

For IMRH and MTA, HAL should include local industry as an active partner by giving them profitable share of business.
This is really a great view. Pvt companies are like infants now. They need to include them for electronics and some other spares etc. and should nurture it. In my view all the DPSU research can be shared with the private for more powerful tools provided the assurance from the government to buy some number of items:dfi-1:

Rahul Singh

Country flag
Yeah! This very thread is a great prof.

This is really a great view. Pvt companies are like infants now. They need to include them for electronics and some other spares etc. and should nurture it. In my view all the DPSU research can be shared with the private for more powerful tools provided the assurance from the government to buy some number of items:dfi-1:
IMO, initially, privet industries like Mahindras and TATAs should be included as manufactures and assemblers and later on as a technology developers on equal basis. Reason to it is their unproven capability or better say inexperience in this critical sector.

Agantrope

Too much of fanboyism is not that good :D

IMO, initially, privet industries like Mahindras and TATAs should be included as manufactures and assemblers and later on as a technology developers on equal basis. Reason to it is their unproven capability or better say inexperience in this critical sector.
Pvt companies has the potential what they lag is the technologies and the risk of money involved in that. With some govt assurance pvt companies can esaiy enter the market with JV etc.

ZOOM

Founding Member

Rahul, at the end of the day, HAL is a Govt Own inc and hence I would not see any surprize in delay of having JV with Domestic Firm in our country. Rather I am highly excited about TATA's JV with SAAB for developing next Generation fighter jet.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
ZOOM my take is that TATA in JV with SAAB for future fighter jets is just an eyewash. In reality, this JV is to allow TATAs produce chosen variant of JAS-39 in India for "IAF-126" to meet offset obligations. To be frank, in the name of JV, the TATAs will only be fastening the screw and painting the frame. Reason to it is that JAS-39 Gripen is itself not enough Swedish to allow SAAB to do 100% ToT.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
HAL/ADA/DRDO must not shoot off their big mouth unless weapon and weapon platform has been successfully inducted in armed forces.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
HAL/ADA/DRDO must not shoot off their big mouth unless weapon and weapon platform has been successfully inducted in armed forces.
A lot of people say what you have just said but they are missing a point.

When you are spending millions of dollars of the tax payer money, you will be asked these questions by the media all the time.

There is no way to avoid it. They HAL/DRDO cant just say "it will be ready when its ready".

The only way to get around this is to improve your project planning skills which is really hard when you are dealing with a new product design and government beaurocracy.

Dark_Prince

Rear Seat

This Pic is nice gives an angular view of the cockpit! I have never caught these (few are there but not all) pics on net!

Finally any Date (Confirmed) on its first Flight or its still end of the next month!

BTW PPL please give HAL/DRDO etc some space, having looked at the "Shoe Lace Budget" of HAL?DRDO, as compared to similar organizations of the world they are doing a Wonderful Job, this is a Public forum and I don't want to in expose the Babus and International procurement procedure and what it means to the banking sector.

Last edited:

StealthSniper

With all the news of PAKFA I almost forgot about the LCH. I hope it flies soon and I hope it has as much success as the Pakfa did when it first flew.

rakesh

Why India's all the projects are getting delay not in time frame?

ZOOM

Founding Member
Oh Man, when this agonizing wait will end! I simply cannot maintain my patience to see LCH getting airborne on its first test flight.

gb009

Why din't DRDO release a picture of the ground run? :(

prahladh

Respected Member
Why din't DRDO release a picture of the ground run? :(
I think they are going the PAKFA way. If thats the case we will see the first flight with pics in few days (15).

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles