HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Prometheus

Can the LCH do a 360 degree turn like tins ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag

Eurocopter video showing the reduction in rotor noise acheived in flight tests of its Blue Edge blade on an EC155 helicopter. Compared with a conventional blade, the Blue Edge has a tip with both forward and rearward sweep. Eurocopter says this gives the blade more time to interact with the vortex shed by the rotor, reducing the characteristic impulsive (slap-slap) blade-vortex interaction noise generated by a helicopter.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
photos... photos and photos

Is DRDO a photoshop comapny ??

rohit b3

Country flag
I have a few questions. Would be great if someone could answer them

1. What's the Weapon Load the LCH can Carry?

2.Can the LCH perform at 6500m with the Full Weapon Load.

3.Ka-52(Russia) claims to be one of the most maneuverable and able to perform 3.3G turns. Does LCH have a better manevering.

4.Infact in overall performance, who could get an edge..LCH or Ka-52 (i know they are different class of attack helis, but i would like to get a tecnology picture of the both)

EzioAltaïr

I have a few questions. Would be great if someone could answer them

1. What's the Weapon Load the LCH can Carry?
HAL Light Combat Helicopter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3,350 kg of load.

1 20mm cannon, several 60/80mm rocket pods, missiles, etc.

2.Can the LCH perform at 6500m with the Full Weapon Load.
I think so.

3.Ka-52(Russia) claims to be one of the most maneuverable and able to perform 3.3G turns. Does LCH have a better manevering.

4.Infact in overall performance, who could get an edge..LCH or Ka-52 (i know they are different class of attack helis, but i would like to get a tecnology picture of the both)
Don't know enough about helos to tell you that.

prestigiousindian

So guys any news abt wht is going on with this helo ??? What abt the 3rd prototype will it ever fly ??? the'v been tellin it ll fly soon but still nothing..........

WMD

HAL LCH TD-3 Update

According to sources close to idrw.org, HAL is planning to have first flight of LCH TD-3 somewhere in October this year; Mock up of TD-3 cockpit was fabricated earlier this year in February and feedback has been taken from IAF and Army pilots for changes to be made to cockpit and suggestions for further improvements to it .

TD-3 will be lighter than its predecessors and will feature reduced cockpit dimensions, improved cockpit vision, modification to door and door locking mechanism. TD-3 will be final configuration in development of Light combat Helicopter (LCH) by HAL and all the feedback by IAF and Army will be incorporated in TD-3 before it goes into production.

Once TD-3 is ready along with TD-2 will join weapons trials, HAL also plans to conduct second round of Hot and cold weather trials in 2013 and 2014. According to sources once TD-3 joins test flight, IOC can be achieved by September 2014.

HAL has a firm order to deliver 65 LCH to the IAF and 114 to the Army. The LCH second prototype, TD-2 completed sea level trials in July 2012 last year, trials covered helicopter performance, loads measurement, and handling qualities. About 40 % of the ALH systems are incorporated into LCH, which includes transmission systems, rotor system, propulsion and some electrical and avionics which will reduce cost of LCH and will be easier to maintain.

HAL LCH TD-3 Update | idrw.org

pmaitra

^^

Thanks for sharing @WMD.

Looks like further reduction of weight will make it very effective in the heights up to 6,500 m, and it could possibly fight battles in the Aksai Chin region with ease. We should fast track this, and induct as many as possible.

Reactions: WMD

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

HAL LCH

(cn TD-1) Spun up and ready to roll! IAF Vintage Flight DH-82 Tiger Moth HU512 taxiing in the background.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles