HAL Chief Test Pilot Murdered, found dead

utubekhiladi

The Preacher
Country flag
Bangalore: HAL Chief Test Pilot found dead - India News - IBNLive

New Delhi: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Chief Test Pilot and Director (Corporate Planning and Marketing) Squadron Leader (Rtd) Baldev Singh was found dead in Bangalore on Tuesday. His was body found at tourist spot Nandi Hills at 11 am.
The reasons behind his death are still not known.
Singh was a retired fighter pilot of the Indian Air Force.
Nandi Hills is a popular tourist destination on the outskirts of Bangalore city

SHASH2K2

I have been to Nandi hills and its quite crowded on weekends. No one cannot enter the area without buying tickets.This is a serious issue and shouldn't be buried.

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
We need to wait for the details before we can start speculating anything about it.

RIP to the pilot.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
RIP to the pilot. I am sure his inputs were crucial in the development of the LCA.

Lets not get paki like CTs here. It can be a case of mugging, or some other kind of fights.

SHASH2K2

cause of his murder could be anything. I sincerely hope that its some personal issue or mugging but nothing can be ruled out at the moment. Hope police gets a breakthrough quickly. He was a great asset and no stone should be left unturned to catch culprits.

mayfair

RIP Baldev Singh

I hope the matter is duly investigated.

Iamanidiot

@Yusuf dodo is a pretty nasty place to work.petty politics ,jealousies and power struggles one of the worst environs even by goi standards

venkat

Its been stated as suicide...by hanging i believe.... reasons have not unfolded yet. RIP sir!!!

pmaitra

R.I.P.

Sad news. I agree with Iamanidiot, places like HAL, DRDO, etc., are infested with politics and power struggles.

LurkerBaba

Super Mod
Country flag
Seems it was a suicide

HAL director Baldev Singh commits suicide

Squadron Leader (retd) Baldev Singh, director for corporate planning and marketing at state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) committed suicide at Nandi Hills, about 50 km from Bangalore, police said Tuesday.

The 58-year-old Baldev Singh "was found hanging by a tree around noon by passersby near Mirza Circle on way to Nandi Hills and alerted us," Chickballapur Rural Deputy Superintendent of Police S. Chelvaraj told IANS.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
RIP brave air warrior, Departmental infighting or somethi ng more sinister this matter needs to be investigated at the highest levels and the guilty need to be booked soon.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
Murdered? that is alarming! I hope that the IB or CBI investigates it.

RIP Mr Singh ...

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Greedy babus murdered him to slow LCA induction so they can keep grafting the programme.

ace009

Freakin' Fighter fan
You know Armand - you may be right - or he might have been driven to suicide for the same reasons - either way, another black day for Indian defense.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles