Hackers break into Pentagon computers

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by EnlightenedMonk, Apr 26, 2009.

1. EnlightenedMonk

EnlightenedMonk Member of The Month JULY 2009 Senior Member

Hackers break into Pentagon computers

Another blatant attempt by "you-know-whom" I think... This is becoming extremely frequent...

DAWN.COM | Sci-Tech | Hackers break into Pentagon computers

3. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

just the Chinese peacefully hacking

4. EnlightenedMonk

So, nothing to worry about ??? :sharabi::sharabi::sharabi:

5. LETHALFORCE

what is new we all know they either copy or steal, everybody has a stealth fighter project except them even japanese so how else will they get one they will steal it like always i hope pentagon busts their balls, they have hacked in before still haven't learned they will the hard way.

6. EnlightenedMonk

But, what are the strategic implications ???

It possibly means that their own J-XX programme isn't going too well and they possibly want to STEAL & COPY somebody elses' programmes...

But, I'd even earlier read that Pentagon's policy was that the most important files should be on servers which are not connected to the Internet. I guess that's the policy that actually saved them...

And, chances are that they're already trying to infiltrate the PAK-FA / FGFA programme to try and steal from that too...

7. LETHALFORCE

I doubt they will get anything,since many different companies maybe working on different parts of the project.

8. LETHALFORCE

9. EnlightenedMonk

I'm sure that if we put our heads together and make a concerted effort, we'll find many more incidents similar to this...

I suspect that equally numerous attempts are being made at our own computer networks, but the Government is not revealing that information so as not to spread alarm amongst the general public...

10. LETHALFORCE

if they can break into pentagon than they can break into financial institutions lik banks many things are probably also not reported or these may be propaganda planted articles??

11. EnlightenedMonk

The US will most certainly not play along if it is Chinese propaganda planning and articles related to that...

The fact that a lot of the Western media and not only the Chinese media are playing along indicates that they possibly have something significant up their sleeve and the Western media and governments know it...

12. Sailor

Sailor Regular Member

I find it difficult to believe that the Pentagon and such sensitive military projects as the JSF project share the same internet as I do in the suburbs.
    How pathetic can it get. If this is the case, what the hell did they expect? Some 15 year old wizz kid can do it, let alone the Chinese.

On another angle, where does it leave a major purchaser of the F-35 like us in Australia?
    I mean, the project has been compromised by our most potential military rival before we even get the bloody things.
    If this was breakfast cereal or something we'd be suing for breach of contract.

13. Su-47

Su-47 Regular Member

I think, to a certain extent, these articles are going overboard.

Every country takes an active part in cyber warfare. Its an open secret. I think the US is leading the pack. With the kind of resources at their disposal (I'm talking not only of money, but also persons with the skill to hack), it will be a great surprise if the USA is NOT waging cyber warfare.

Since the use of computers to store info has increased exponentially since the days of the cold war, it is hardly surprising that intelligence agencies are supplementing and complementing spies on the ground with online spies. It is expected. Usually this kind of stuff doesn't get out. But you know uncle sam. even in the cold war, USA used to claim "KGB activities detected in USA" on a regular basis.

I can bet my arms, legs and nuts that most nations these days are attempting to spy on each other and trying to hack into each other's computers. Don't think for a sec India isn't doing it.

I'm sure china isnt the only country trying to break into pentagon computers. Its just that the USA makes a lot more noise when the chinese are involved.

14. yang

yang Regular Member

I fully agree with you.
    I have already read 6 articals on that issue.And the articals all share the same idea:according to the IP,the hackers mainly come from China,but it is not certain.
    I will ask you know how many netizen are there in China,the number is 300 million,almost the whole population of USA,And how many hackers in China,have you calculate the proportion?