Gunmen storm hotel in Gilgit-Baltistan of PoK, kill 10 tourists

Alpha1

Also, Alpha1 is probably not Pakistani, but someone posting under that flag to make Pakis look bad.
I have been labelled a mullah or madrassa educated, :rofl: although I am a clean shaved Atchisonian :rofl:
BUT NEVER A FALSE FLAGGER!
@Yusuf @A.V.
This calls for an Ip trace!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Islam-obsession? Islam is not incompatible with economic growth, any more than Catholicism was incompatible with economic growth in Ireland prior to the 1970s. The main flaw in the Pakistani polity is lack of any institution that derives its legitimacy from making the population more well-off, as opposed to making them safe from terrorism/America/India.
"Islam" in itself is not "incompatible" with anything. It is just a religion, like any other religion. When a worker goes to work on a machine in a factory, when a professional goes to office to work at a computer all day, when a lawyer goes to court to argue a case - it really does not matter which God they worshiped in the morning before departing home.

The problem is Islam-obsession, where a doctor is set upon by a crazed mob because he threw away the visiting card of a pestering salesman whose visiting card had the name "Mohammed" on it. You can't make this stuff up, it is a true story from Pakistan, 2013. Incidents like this happen because the entire society thinks that they are in the pits only because they have "moved away from Islam". According to most of their society, their problems will all be solved as soon as they embrace "pure and true Islam" and give up "unislamic practices".

On Indian forums (and I suspect on Chinese ones too), you will see a lot of breast beating about how the government is not doing things right, how the government needs to bring in policies to set up more industry and improve quality, how the government needs to formulate laws and bring in economic reforms, the impact of foreign investment, etc. Do you ever hear Indians speaking about how they need to "go back to Vedic Hindu roots to make the nation progress"? You may find one nutcase among a million Indians who would make such a statement, and even that guy would in all probability, be a troll.

When it comes to Pakis however, you will be hard pressed to find a single person who disagrees with the assertion that they need more Islam in their society, and that they have degenerated only because of unislamic behaviour. Even if one in a million disagree with this, they dare not say it, for fear of "blasphemy" :lol:

They are going into a vicious cycle of trying to find "purer and purer Islam" in their society, and that will be the reason for their self-destruction. In the race for purity in their society, they have decimated their minorities, and now it is the turn of the Shias and Ahmadi Muslims. Next in line will be various Sunni sects - Barelvis vs. Deobandis, etc. I see no hope for Pakistan as long as the race for Islamic purity continues unabated and educated Pakistanis continue to hold views like @Alpha1 is doing here.

Also, Alpha1 is probably not Pakistani, but someone posting under that flag to make Pakis look bad. Unfortunately, giving the tenor of this forum, he is likely preaching to the choir.
On the contrary, I am willing to bet my ass that he is a genuine certified Paki. This is typical expected behaviour and typical responses that one would expect to get from that quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Islam is a way of life it should be in offices, houses everywhere and the whole nation!
Can Islam or the Quran help me progress in my career today, and can it help me in the consulting work that I do with my clients? Can it help solve my medical conditions which I have, like frequent acidity due to excessive travel? Can it help me in my love life and my sex life? Can it help me in any of the "secular" daily tasks that I need to do to earn a living? If yes, I will convert to Islam immediately. :lol:

A book written 1400 years ago cannot be a guide to anybody's "way of life" in 2013, in the modern era today. It is not just Islam - the Bhagwad Gita which was written approximately 5000+ years back cannot be a guide for today's way of life. It can certainly give the reader/follower mental peace if he is built that way, and the same probably holds good for Islam as well.

Good luck trying to implement a "way of life" in 2013 on the basis of a book written more than a millennium and a half ago.

Alpha1

Can Islam or the Quran help me progress in my career today, and can it help me in the consulting work that I do with my clients? Can it help solve my medical conditions which I have, like frequent acidity due to excessive travel? Can it help me in my love life and my sex life?
Islam gives guidlines about all of them!
Yes! It can!
Can it? If yes, I will convert to Islam immediately. :lol:
I shall do the honour of reciting you the Kalima! Whenever you are ready!
A book written 1400 years ago cannot be a guide to anybody's "way of life" in 2013, in the modern era today.
Quran is valid till jugement day!! Prove otherwis
- the Bhagwad Gita which was written approximately 5000+ years back cannot be a guide for today's way of life.
For any Muslim religion defines the way of life, and not just in home but also how a community should be run and also a nation!
It can certainly give the reader/follower mental peace if he is built that way, and the same probably holds good for Islam as well.
Can't say about Hinduism but Islam is more than just hymns and poems. Besides even hash gives peace of mind!
Good luck trying to implement a "way of life" in 2013 on the basis of a book written more than a millennium and a half ago.
Thankyou. Quran is a code book on which a person can define his life. It is a constitution of how a human life should be lived!

Last edited:

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Islam gives guidlines about all of them!
Yes! It can!

I shall do the honour of reciting you the Kalima! Whenever you are ready!

For any Muslim religion defines the way of life, and not just in home but also how a community should be run and also a nation!

Can't say about Hinduism but Islam is more than just hymns and poems. Besides even hash gives peace of mind!

Thankyou. Quran is a code book on which a person can define his life. It is a constitution of how a human life should be lived!
You admit that you can't say about "Hinduism" and then claim your religion is more than hymns/poems.

You are contradicting your own statement due to sheer ignorance and arrogance. :clobber:

Alpha1

You admit that you can't say about "Hinduism" and then claim your religion is more than hymns/poems.

You are contradicting your own statement due to sheer ignorance and arrogance. :clobber:
I meant i don't want to bring in hinduism in the discussion!!
And you only found this to comment on?

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Arguing with religious fundamentalists is a waste of time, but this made me ROFL.

:pound: :lol: :rofl: The burden of proof lies on you. Why is it valid till "judgement"? Because the book itself says so? :rofl:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
There has been an on going low intensity insurgency in GB for quite some time, and of late the TTP has made inroads in both the GB and Pakistan occupied Kashmir. This is one region that will heat up, not the slightest of the doubts in my mind. Iran has long had a history in the region and Nawas Sharif would be well advised to watch his moves on the KSA.

It's Iran your neighbour, not the KSA!

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
We have excellent tourist spots! :D
#sarcasm_killer
now a pakistani will tell me what to do.right???

you created them terrorists with your ex bed partner and you tried to use it on us.
so terrorists supporters does not have any moral ground to talk about humanity.

i don't hate muslims but i don't like pakistani.
you people are so blind that you can't even see that your army and isi are the real devil and not india and indian people.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
effing afghan terrorists

time to send them back home including the pashtuns refugees.seal the border.

bastards
But I thought they were your strategic depth :)
Anyway, is there evidence available to point towards Afghan origin of the terrorists?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles