Gun control laws in India.

SanjeevM

Country flag
Pakistan will be laughing at the prospect of India opening sale of firearms to citizens. All anti Indians, lone wolf attackers instantly have easy and legal access to force multipliers (as opposed to knives which were readily accessible).

We would have made Pakistani isi handlers job easier too since they don't have to deal with the logistical headaches of transferring guns and ammo. Attackers can just walk into a store and buy the arms and ammo required.

And Kerala... Gods own country. Oh yes, commies and mullahs would be salaivating at the prospect of easy access to guns. As it is that state is going to the gutter thanks to commies and mullahs. Oh I can't wait to see legal firearms in places like Mallappuram. As it is political parties cannot save themselves and their offices in Kerala. Add fuel to the fire

I have said it before and I'll say it again, improving state security apparatus is the solution. Opening firearms in India in its current state will only bring more problems than it solves. Anyone can cherry pick incidents in which firearms could have been helpful. But decision makes cannot and should not cherry pick. They should consider the short term and Long term impact across the Indian entire landmass and demographics. Please keep cherry picking out of such decisions that affect the whole of India.

British lone wolf attackers use knives and stab people. American lone wolf attackers use assault rifles. Food for thought....
I completely agree. Guns should not be freely available to everyone.

However as I mentioned last time, guns should be made available to Ex-servicemen, RSS, Hindu Yuva Vahini and Bajrang Dal activists that have pan India presence and are standing for protection of Hindus. Not a single firearm should go into hands of Muslims. Government should device a discriminatory gun issuance guidelines.

It is time RSS upgrade from Lathis to guns. It should instill fear among Muslims when Nikkarwalas walk around with guns.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag

However as I mentioned last time, guns should be made available to Ex-servicemen, RSS, Hindu Yuva Vahini and Bajrang Dal activists that have pan India presence and are standing for protection of Hindus.
Uggh Hindus (and Sikhs) themselves don't agree who is standing in protection of HIndus. :pound:Would a Dalit support RSS? Or a Sikh? I already know the answer bud. If the chaddi has a gun in his hands, fuck it I want a gun as well. I don't want to live with a Hindu version of Taliban where we look at the priestly class as our saviors.

Pakistan will be laughing at the prospect of India opening sale of firearms to citizens. All anti Indians, lone wolf attackers instantly have easy and legal access to force multipliers (as opposed to knives which were readily accessible).
Dude, there are no guns available in Europe and look what is going down there. Peacefuls already have an unlimited supply of guns through the porous borders of India and a willing Islamic ally across the border willing to supply them. Also, though I doubt it personally, there might be a spike in gun violence from anti Indians initially but all the better to jolt Indians out of their Gandhian, love thy Abdul mentality and shock them into action. You can bet that Abduls will be paid back in kind by several willing hands.

Krusty

Country flag
Dude, there are no guns available in Europe and look what is going down there. Peacefuls already have an unlimited supply of guns through the porous borders of India and a willing Islamic ally across the border willing to supply them. Also, though I doubt it personally, there might be a spike in gun violence from anti Indians initially but all the better to jolt Indians out of their Gandhian, love thy Abdul mentality and shock them into action. You can bet that Abduls will be paid back in kind by several willing hands.
We are going to have to get the presstitutes, leftists, libtards, Abrahamic apologists and other assorted fifth column rascals fall in line before doing it. You remember the MSM and SM threads where these morons have a clear and undeniable edge over traditional Dharmics.

The same morons who say 'Hindu mob kills Muslim man for carrying beef' when in reality a cow thief got mugged will waste absolutely no time in spreading shit like 'civil war in india' and in international fora. The same group will go into overdrive mode assisted by every other political party in India. Pakis and chinks will waste no time in taking advantage of such a situation to come in support (both overt and covert) to these groups. Such a move will surely sound deathknell for BJP and any kind of hope for a reform. BJP is the only thing that is standing in the way between India and complete ruin and what we have right now might as well be the last chance we have to make a difference.

Jolting Dharmics is a good idea. But this is neither the time Nor the right situation to do it. It can be done after the proper groundwork has been done to minimise the damage and fallout.

Bharat Ek Khoj

However as I mentioned last time, guns should be made available to Ex-servicemen, RSS, Hindu Yuva Vahini and Bajrang Dal activists that have pan India presence and are standing for protection of Hindus. Not a single firearm should go into hands of Muslims. Government should device a discriminatory gun issuance guidelines.

It is time RSS upgrade from Lathis to guns. It should instill fear among Muslims when Nikkarwalas walk around with guns.
RSS already has a muslim wing. RSS isn't against muslim, but against jihadis.
Also I dont trust that uneducated, unemployed mass called Bajrang Dal.

Would a Dalit support RSS? Or a Sikh?
Why Dalit or Sikh won't support RSS ? Maybe khalistani sikhs won't. But I have read many times, how RSS helped and saved Sikhs during 1984.

SanjeevM

Country flag
During 1984 riots, we also sheltered on Sikh family of 4 members for several days at our Home.

I believe RSS is the only nationalist force in India. They should graduate to wield guns now instead of Lathis. Besides RSS, Hindu Yuva Vahini should also be armed. It's the organization started by Yogi Adityanath.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Why Dalit or Sikh won't support RSS ? Maybe khalistani sikhs won't. But I have read many times, how RSS helped and saved Sikhs during 1984.
During 1984 riots, we also sheltered on Sikh family of 4 members for several days at our Home.

I believe RSS is the only nationalist force in India. They should graduate to wield guns now instead of Lathis. Besides RSS, Hindu Yuva Vahini should also be armed. It's the organization started by Yogi Adityanath.
That would make pretty much every Sikh in Punjab a Khalistani in that case. Pretty much in the modern day there is no love lost between the average Sikh and the RSS, that is the fact from the ground in Punjab. Notwithstanding the history between the two groups, they fought side by side in partition..

@SanjeevM Your personal incident of sheltering Sikh families is irrelevant to the thread, that was the case in several Sikh families in Punjab as well who sheltered their Hindu neighbors.

Anyway, point being there should not be a select group of people who have gun owning privileges while that privilege is not granted to the average citizen of India. They do not represent all the Dharmics and never will.

@Bornubus where are you when we need you sir. There is talk about arming RSS as thekedars of all Dharmics in India. :laugh:

Mangal

Country flag
I want to introduce a poll in this thread. But unable to do so. Can any admin do that or help me do that.

Meghavan

I don`t know about the rest, But government has to allow private players in mass ..

The quality has to be better and choice in design should get introduce, Let it be the same bore we are using ..
even desi tamancha is enough if we face another riot...

Aghore_King

Country flag
At least government should lower the price of small arms like revolver and pistols....

AnantS

Country flag
That would make pretty much every Sikh in Punjab a Khalistani in that case. Pretty much in the modern day there is no love lost between the average Sikh and the RSS, that is the fact from the ground in Punjab. Notwithstanding the history between the two groups, they fought side by side in partition..
Conversely then RSS and Naga Sadhu should have guns because if hindus have any organization in modern sense with numbers its RSS. I am pretty sure RSS would be more acceptable than Naga Sadhus high on weed :D Had Rajiv armed RSS in 90's in Kashmir, we could have had different situation in Kashmir today.

Sorry bro Reality is today its not just any strong Hindu org would be painted as devil among Sikhs.

Your personal incident of sheltering Sikh families is irrelevant to the thread, that was the case in several Sikh families in Punjab as well who sheltered their Hindu neighbors.
True, BUt SanjeevM is right in pointing RSS did save Sikhs during 84. It was acknowledged by Kushwant Singh himself.

Anyway, point being there should not be a select group of people who have gun owning privileges while that privilege is not granted to the average citizen of India.
I am with @Krusty on this one! India needs stricter Gun Law and not loose gun laws like US. In India where religion, ethnic, caste, tribal ideologies are often very strong & take precedent over larger national interests, we can very well imagine loose gun law will undo India as one country faster than even what Pakistan or China could imagine.
Gun laws must be made strict and illegal guns banished. What is more need of the hour is State Law and order being revamped with lesser political interference and more expanded reformed policing.

RSS, NIhangs, Khalsa, Communists, jehadis, Jattas, Yadavs, Bhumihar Brahmins, rajputs, Anand Margis, Rampal, Jehadis, Muslims they never should be armed. Period!

Last edited:

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Sorry bro Reality is today its not just any strong Hindu org would be painted as devil among Sikhs.
That is precisely what I am saying! How can you arm some people whose ideology you like and not arm others. We already have the Army in that case, it is just better to maintain status quo. If and only if, we liberalize gun laws it should be for everybody not some select few who are hand picked by somebody.

True, BUt SanjeevM is right in pointing RSS did save Sikhs during 84. It was acknowledged by Kushwant Singh himself.
I am not disputing anything, I am just saying it is irrelevant to the thread. Sikhs and RSS don't get along, you and I know that. It is not obvious to somebody from outside of Punjab. Their past history might have been different, their future history could change. However, that is the fact as of today.

Anyway, that is just an example.. In every part of India there are plenty of Hindu people who both support and don't support the RSS. Not supporting them does not automatically make somebody a traitor or a communist or a leftist.

AnantS

Country flag
If and only if, we liberalize gun laws it should be for everybody not some select few who are hand picked by somebody.
This is precisely why above what you said will not work, and I will repeat why: In India where religion, ethnic, caste, tribal ideologies are often very strong & take precedent over larger national interests, we can very well imagine loose gun law will undo India as one country faster than even what Pakistan or China could imagine.

If everybody has a gun, groups will naturally need to be formed and you know groups will be formed on what basis and which will lead to what. You want an example? Read history of Bihar: where due to lax gun control, what sort of violence existed between Ranvir Sena vis CPIML

I am not disputing anything, I am just saying it is irrelevant to the thread. Sikhs and RSS don't get along, you and I know that. It is not obvious to somebody from outside of Punjab. Their past history might have been different, their future history could change. However, that is the fact as of today.
I too agree. But all I am saying how different it would be from today's Nihangs and other assorted Sikh Groups brandishing arms in Punjab, or Ranveer Sena in Bihar or Communist/TMC Cadre in Kerala & Bengal?

Anyway, that is just an example.. In every part of India there are plenty of Hindu people who both support and don't support the RSS. Not supporting them does not automatically make somebody a traitor or a communist or a leftist.
I havent said supporting or not supporting makes them traitor, communist or leftist. All I am trying to draw parallels. RSS is not unique its counterparts exists in other religions who are armed. I am not in favor of distributing arms to or giving the right of carrying arms to any religious/political organization!

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
This is precisely why above what you said will not work, and I will repeat why: In India where religion, ethnic, caste, tribal ideologies are often very strong & take precedent over larger national interests, we can very well imagine loose gun law will undo India as one country faster than even what Pakistan or China could imagine.

If everybody has a gun, groups will naturally need to be formed and you know groups will be formed on what basis and which will lead to what. You want an example? Read history of Bihar: where due to lax gun control, what sort of violence existed between Ranvir Sena vis CPIML
I agree I'm not in favor of free gun ownership in India as of today without the right social circumstances, framework to enforce laws and the laws themselves to prevent abuse.

Problem is mainly lack of education as well as poverty. If India was a developed country, I do not think this would be a problem.

I too agree. But all I am saying how different it would be from today's Nihangs and other assorted Sikh Groups brandishing arms in Punjab, or Ranveer Sena in Bihar or Communist/TMC Cadre in Kerala & Bengal?
It would be slightly different in the sense that Nihangs and other groups are limited by what is legal or what little is available in the illegal market in Punjab like 12 bore shotguns etc mostly. Also, Nihangs and Ranveer Sena are armed based on their free will. If RSS wanted to be on a parallel with them today, what is stopping them?

What I was objecting to was the ridiculous suggestion that the government of India should sanction the arming of RSS in an official capacity as thekedars of our society!!

I havent said supporting or not supporting makes them traitor, communist or leftist. All I am trying to draw parallels. RSS is not unique its counterparts exists in other religions who are armed. I am not in favor of distributing arms to or giving the right of carrying arms to any religious/political organization!
I wasn't replying to you as much as OP. Here is the statement that ticked me off

I believe RSS is the only nationalist force in India.
I assumed that saying that the RSS is the only nationalistic force in town means that others are not nationalistic. Reading it again, I think that OP meant that there are other nationalistic people but they are not a force.. Which I also find funny, but that is a topic for another thread.

raja696

The arms act as we know it today was formulated in 1959. The situation that existed back then can't be compared to now. Every country and civilization must learn from the mistakes it has made in the past so as to survive the future. The members who are raising doubts over the impact the relaxing gun laws could have are only talking like concerned citizens. But I believe that a deeper thinking is required over the matter. We didn't had Kashmiri exodus back then. The hindus were thrown out despite army presence only proves the fact that no matter how good a security force becomes citizens still need the courage to stand up to such onslaught. Guns could have made the difference. We know for sure that it made in certain other regions. If anyone is of the opinion that Kashmir problem will be limited to Kashmir only is mistaken. Dr. Narang was lynched by Bangladeshis in Delhi. Recently bangladeshi mob attacked a posh housing society. If it wasn't for the guards the whole family would have been dead. Having security guards is a facility available to limited few. If it would have been normal household the mob would have dragged and killed the entire family and we all would have been crying that no one came to help and where was police. The demographics has changed and the normal middle class needs to take into account situations like these. Dont think that if you are living in a metro you are safe. The situation that happened in kashmir, kairana and malda could be coming near your home sooner than you think.
My only concern is what if the rioting Bangladeshis has got the guns too and made first.. move

Other than that, I fully agree for relaxation of gun rules.

Last edited:

Mangal

Country flag
My only concern is what if the rioting Bangladeshis has got the guns too and made a move first..

Other than that, I fully agree for relaxation of gun rules.
It was a mob of 300 people which attacked the society. Wether they had guns or not won't make much of a difference. They could have lynched the family anyway if it would have been a normal home and not a housing society with gates and guards.
Just look at the people who have access to guns. Either they are elites like a politician or his drunkard son and criminals. On the other hand it is the normal office goers from middle class family who have their right to security snatched away by this ancient law.
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man. (Thomas Jefferson).

AnantS

Country flag
Problem is mainly lack of education as well as poverty. If India was a developed country, I do not think this would be a problem.
22ji, events in 99% educated USA , would make me disagree :p
If RSS wanted to be on a parallel with them today, what is stopping them?
Law? Private Armed Groups cant be formed! What Ranveer Sena/NIhangs and CPIML are doing is cocking a snoot at the Govt because they get votes.

What I was objecting to was the ridiculous suggestion that the government of India should sanction the arming of RSS in an official capacity as thekedars of our society!!
Ridiculous it is and I agree! However I have another thought had there been arming and creation of Hindu/Sikh groups in Kashmir in 80's and 90's by Govt, today's mess in Kashmir would have been sorted out

I wasn't replying to you as much as OP. Here is the statement that ticked me off
"I believe RSS is the only nationalist force in India."
Which is laughable. RSS is the only unfortunate/fortunate orgs(with numbers) which is doing painstaking work of uniting very Very VERY diverse Hindus in this country. No wonder not many Hindus like them. PD, for a moment if you were to be in RSS Leader's place given task of bringing diverse Dharmics in this country on one platform, I doubt your actions would be different from theirs , given huge constraints & differences within Hindus in this country.

However they are not the Thekedars of Hindu or Hindustan
I assumed that saying that the RSS is the only nationalistic force in town means that others are not nationalistic. Reading it again, I think that OP meant that there are other nationalistic people but they are not a force.. Which I also find funny, but that is a topic for another thread.
But I agree as Late Naresh Chandra (a one of finest Bureaucrat India could ever have)said: “Today, a uniform and flag are all you need to become a patriot”. "

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
22ji, events in 99% educated USA , would make me disagree :p
India and Amereeka are not that far off in homicide rates. Does it matter if you die by a gun or a knife?

upload_2017-7-14_13-4-2.png

This is why I didn't want to jump in this thread, gun control is a very controversial topic lol

AnantS

Country flag
India and Amereeka are not that far off in homicide rates. Does it matter if you die by a gun or a knife?

View attachment 17744

This is why I didn't want to jump in this thread, gun control is a very controversial topic lol
India has huge population compared to USA.And still US homicide rates matches India, that tells the violence is more in land of stars and stripes.. By the way fire on with your views bro, I welcome them though I may slightly disagree with them

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
India has huge population compared to USA.And still US homicide rates matches India, that tells the violence is more in land of stars and stripes.. By the way fire on with your views bro, I welcome them though I may slightly disagree with them
That rate is per 100000 people so it is normalized to the number of people.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles