Gun control laws in India.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Really good, you have added the missing component of most Indian products... "PRESENTABILITY".... In this case it is also utility.

How would you design a similar furniture and non firing parts for the INSAS.
A retd. Colonel started a company to offer modification of Indian products few years backs,that is not my personal design.

We have this IOF rifle in our family with wood furniture which looked very old fashioned.

As for Insas India has so many talented entrepreneurs that if govt privatize arms industry they could come up with some cooll mod for govt. arms.

Last edited:

Bornubus

After a Long time OFB made a Pump Action 12 Bore for Civilians (like in US) if someone gets a Licence.Total Devastation at Short Range.

Also for Police

Older and Shitty 12 Bore we have seen in movies made by Khurmi and Sons J&K

Bornubus

How you felt when shooting it, The recoil with this new butt stock compare to wooden one ?
Initially, i wanted the metal stock, the dealer himself told me that original wood stock is far better than Metal one so he advised me to go for Fibre stock butt.

So IMO original Wooden and Fibre are better than Metal.

Moreover i only fire in Air till now, will tell you more about it once i visit my village, many wild boars are there to kill.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Nice looks, But how it works ..

Heard it has lots of problems ..

Bornubus

This is Paki Springfield M1 grand (US made) captured in mass in 1971.

Its license was issued by ex Para SF in 80. Very rare rifle in India and not for civilians.

M1.jpg

Mangal

Country flag
Hello everyone. This is my first thread in the forum and it's concerning something that I believe to be very important in a democratic country like India. The right to self defense and bear arms. The current gun control laws are rediculas to say the least. Its difficult for a common Indian to have a 9 mm. While the criminals, gangsters and terrorists both inside and outside the nation have it. I hope you guys understand whom I am talking about. So why a common office goer middle class Hindu be devoid of his rights. Another important and a bit surprising fact I came across was that even Gandhi was against gun control calling it and I quote
“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest. If we want the Arms Act to be repealed, if we want to learn the use of arms, here is a golden opportunity. If the middle classes render voluntary help to Government in the hour of its trial, distrust will disappear, and the ban on possessing arms will be withdrawn.”

The biggest objection that the anti gun lobby has is about the use of guns in criminal activities and shootings that may happen like USA. And these are genuine concerns. No denying that but could it be good enough reason to deny a common citizen his right to defend his family against rioting mobs and terrorists like what happened in kashmir. Now same is happening in Kerala, Karnataka and Bengal.
At the end I would just like to point out that the gun control was brought by Britishers after 1857 to control any further rebellion. The impact it had on our society was far more deep. Hindus became timid and defensive. We need to get rid of this psychology. I would like the members to express their views and how can we make our demand known and the act changed as per requirement by raising the issue through social media.
You all can read more about this law here :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_Act,_1959

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Just to add a religious argument in your support, all Hindu deities ( devi and davtas ) wield some kind of weapon be it Rama or Krishna or Kali.
Krishna had no weapon initially

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles