Gun control laws in India.

Bharat Ek Khoj

India and Amereeka are not that far off in homicide rates. Does it matter if you die by a gun or a knife?
I'm not sure whether its true, but I have seen many times in movies/tv shows that USA has some kind of set up that records gun shots from few places or may be around the country. They dispatch a team as soon as their system records a gun shot. In that case it is possible, few criminals might use knife instead of gun.

Spindrift

This is precisely why above what you said will not work, and I will repeat why: In India where religion, ethnic, caste, tribal ideologies are often very strong & take precedent over larger national interests, we can very well imagine loose gun law will undo India as one country faster than even what Pakistan or China could imagine.
These ideologies are fanned by politicians for vote bank politics and by pseudo religious intellectuals for financial gains and for gaining favors from politicians.

And by taking away the right to arms from law abiding and patriotic citizens you would end up weakening the nation as a whole.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
I'm not sure whether its true, but I have seen many times in movies/tv shows that USA has some kind of set up that records gun shots from few places or may be around the country. They dispatch a team as soon as their system records a gun shot. In that case it is possible, few criminals might use knife instead of gun.
Might be true for some counties but definitely not for even the state level. At Diwali last year my friends and I were firing guns in the air in a rural county in gun controlled California.

AnantS

Country flag
These ideologies are fanned by politicians for vote bank politics and by pseudo religious intellectuals for financial gains and for gaining favors from politicians.

And by taking away the right to arms from law abiding and patriotic citizens you would end up weakening the nation as a whole.
The differences exists since time immemorial . The clan brotherhood is very strong in some communities, to such an extent they would revolt in order to protect a criminal from their clam from persecution. India will take another 50 years to dilute clan clout

Mangal

Country flag
What I have read is that every gun creates an unique signature of sorts when a bullet is fired from the gun. Every gun barrel is rifled during manufacture, or finished inside the barrel with rotating grooves to impart spin to a bullet in order to improve accuracy during flight. The resulting spiralling grooves and lands leave mirrored markings on the bullet itself. Since there are several processes involved in rifling a barrel, each barrel is unique. Just like fingerprints, a bullet can be paired to a weapon with nearly perfect accuracy. If the gun is licensed it's easier to trace the owner compared to illegal guns. Thereby increasing the possibility of getting hold of and convicting the criminal.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
What I have read is that every gun creates an unique signature of sorts when a bullet is fired from the gun. Every gun barrel is rifled during manufacture, or finished inside the barrel with rotating grooves to impart spin to a bullet in order to improve accuracy during flight. The resulting spiralling grooves and lands leave mirrored markings on the bullet itself. Since there are several processes involved in rifling a barrel, each barrel is unique. Just like fingerprints, a bullet can be paired to a weapon with nearly perfect accuracy. If the gun is licensed it's easier to trace the owner compared to illegal guns. Thereby increasing the possibility of getting hold of and convicting the criminal.
Definitely, but the free availability of legal guns also increases the availability of illegal ones through theft, loss etc

Spindrift

The differences exists since time immemorial . The clan brotherhood is very strong in some communities, to such an extent they would revolt in order to protect a criminal from their clam from persecution. India will take another 50 years to dilute clan clout
So does the culture of bearing amrs. Since time immemorial, both scriptures and weapons were held in high regard and esteem. In our culture scriptures and weapons were and are still equally respected, if weapons where not respected the why perform shastra pooja? So why do you think they are going to be misused?

The brotherhood of the criminals in clans exist because of political patronage.

Nexus

Nice. Are u a rajput? Is that true that rajput can buy guns in India ?

Kshatriya87

Country flag
To get license, police ask the reason why we need one. Just saying self-defense doesn't work unless there is a genuine threat.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
To get license, police ask the reason why we need one. Just saying self-defense doesn't work unless there is a genuine threat.
India should have liberal arms policy we are still stuck in 50s that's why we also have shitty civilian arms market.

Kshatriya87

Country flag
India should have liberal arms policy we are still stuck in 50s that's why we also have shitty civilian arms market.
Right. Also, the reasoning for gun license needs to be a but less strict. On the other hand though, if we have a liberal arms policy, the miscreants too will have guns. You know who I'm talking about.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Right. Also, the reasoning for gun license needs to be a but less strict. On the other hand though, if we have a liberal arms policy, the miscreants too will have guns. You know who I'm talking about.
Miscreant can have weapon either way including auto and semi automatic weapons.

Spindrift

The problem has always been the government's policy of sticking to the policy of the British when it comes to arms production. They have completely taken out private sector, you cannot even manufacture components for firearms. for example, if I am interested in doing some research on muzzle breaks and want to manufacture them, I cannot do that easily, firstly the paperwork that i'll have to do in order to get permission is the same as the paperwork to manufacture firearms and secondly, the only customer i would have domestically is the government, where in order to get contacts i'll have to bribe.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles