Gulbarg Society massacre case: Relief for Narendra Modi, SC asks SIT to file its repo

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Yusuf, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

3. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

The Supreme Court gives it's judgments after careful evaluation of evidences and facts of the case, so there shouldn't be any doubt on the accuracy of the judgment of the apex court. Though the apex court, without taking names has said that it didn't find any evidences against Modi and others but it's still a relief to the petitioner that SC has directed the trial court to take appropriate actions on the report of SIT after giving reasonable opportunity of being heard to the petitioner. I think it's a second chance to the petitioner.

News channels are reporting that the Supreme court "wont monitor the case anymore"

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  4. Drona

Drona Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2011
  5. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

In effect a clean chit was given to modi

6. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

Dont we have something like Satyameva Jayate in our Emblem ?

I just realized the meaning today !!

Shri Modi will come out this organized, pseudo-secular slander against him more stronger,more taller than ever.

7. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Will somebody please explain to me about this case. If the SC has refused to monitor the case how does it mean that Naredra Modi has got a clean chit as is being claimed by many. SC has merely removed itself from monitoring the case. The case will go on in the lower courts and will be decided on the merits of the evidence presented to the court by both the sides.

In fact I expect the case to go on for years, because whoever loses the verdict will definitely go to the higher courts.

8. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

There is absolutely no evidence where Narendra Modi can be charged for a criminal offence. This is a issue of morality rather than legality. Legally Modi will get a clean chit, morality does not count in India.

anoop_mig25 likes this.
  9. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

The moral sword will always hang over Narendra Modi. Under his watch the horrific incidents in Gujarat happened. He may be 100% not guilty, he may be being framed by the Jholawalas who are proxies of Congress, but his image as an efficient administrator takes a beating, that he could not stop the rioting in time.
    The biggest credit that I can give him apart from the economic developments in Guarat, is the way he has neutralised the idiots from VHP and Bajrang Dal.

10. Phenom

Phenom Regular Member

I don't understand his reluctance to apologize for what happened.

Even if he is not directly involved. the riot still happened under his watch, he failed to protect the people as a CM, so why not say sorry for not doing his job. To make it politically convenient, he could apologize to both the riot victims and the victims from the train burning.

11. anoop_mig25

anoop_mig25 Senior Member Senior Member

even if apologizes would victims forgive him , i doubt

12. Drona

Drona Guest

Well Modi did resign after riots, why a resignation is not considered as apology ? Who came forward to apologies for Godhra kand !

13. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

Modi was never filed as one of the accused in the Chargesheet.The case but be dealt in the lower courts and this will cause a lot of problem for congress.In effect the SIT judgement removed a handicap for modi

14. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

He can't apologise for anything. An apology or showing remorse would mean that he is guilty. This way or that way Narendra Modi will be targeted by the media and his detractors. Congress has already given their verdict for Mr. Modi and found him guilty, while on the other they keep talking of the supremacy of the judiciary and following the laws. When their own people are in trouble they want the law to take its own course, but when Mr. Modi is involved its a conspiracy and everyone from the police and the lower judiciary is corrupt? They keep talking of justice to riot victims, but they should also ask themselves what about the 1984 sikh riots?

Fact of the matter. There is no justice. Tareek pe Tareek

maomao likes this.
  15. KS

1) Just because two guys fought with each other and killed themselves in an apartment for which I am the president, it does not mean I am morally responsible for their death. It was their fault and not mine.

2)How do you expect a man who just became the Chief Minister, one who inherited a pathetic bureaucracy after half century of Congress rule, a man who inherited a pathetic police force to suddenly wave the magic wand and transform them into a capable anti-riot force that can stop such a wide spread riot within a day ?

To his credit, with all these weaknesses he stopped the riot in 2 and a half days flat.

Why don't people realize that it was not the intent of Modi that let the riots happen for 2 and a half days but rather the pathetic,ill-trained,ill-equipped police force and bureaucracy that caused the riots to remain in motion for 2 and a half days ?

natarajan, Zebra and maomao like this.
  16. KS

The problem with Modi or the people criticizing Modi is that they will continue criticize him NO MATTER WHAT. They will criticize him if he apologizes saying that he has admitted his guilt and if he doesnt apologize criticize him for not apologizing. Pudikatha Pondatti ninna kutham,nadantha kutham (I hope you understand).

The best way for Modi to deal this is by doing silently what he does best - delivering development to Gujarat. The people will reward him ultimately no matter what the critics say then.

Why should he ask for their forgivance when he did cause their grief. The fanatic mob at Godhra must apologize to all - Hindus and Muslims for causing them the grief and Congress must apologize because one of the key convicted in the Godhra train burning is a Congress worker.

Zebra and maomao like this.
  17. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Karthic, the Captain of the team has to take the brickbats with the bouquets also. That is a different debate of what he did and did not do, but the moral responsibility will always be of the person at the helm of the ship. ( Same is the case with MMS, he is getting all the shit for the activities of Rja , Pawar and others)

18. KS

@sob,

Dude why should he take the moral responsibility when nothing was in his hands and even then he tried his level best in containing the riots ..? Do you honestly think with such an under-manned, ill equipped, under trained police force and an equally pathetic bureaucracy in such a highly charged environment any leader , let alone modi, could have done anything ..?

Then again Why are people getting hyper as if this is the only religious riot in India..? In another thread singh pointed out today is the 22 nd anniversary of the day the first pandit was shot dead by jklf chut***s which was followed by the worst ethnic cleansing in post independent India..? How many people are raising their voice for them..? Leave them how many people have asked for justice for the godhra victims....? Why thus selective cal for justice and more importantly why this selective vilification of Modi..?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
    maomao likes this.
  19. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Karthic I am not singling out Narendra Modi. The reason I had posted his name only because the thread was on him.

In my personal opinion and based on my experience Congress party has been responsible for more number of riots in India speciallly in UP, Bihar and Gujrat. In fact if you look at the history of communal riots then a very interesting trend appears, most riots have happened under the stewardship of the Congress Party. Whenever a non Congress party replaces the Congress party at the state level, the cases of riots taper off or get reduced completely.

maomao likes this.
  20. Zebra

Zebra Senior Member Senior Member

1) Brickbats with bouquets for captian , btw who will take that for Turkman Gate roits .

2)Two more names bro , please add them also , both from Cong I .

Vilasrao Deshmukh and Ahmed Patel .

21. amitkriit

amitkriit Senior Member Senior Member

Why is nobody taking up this case?
    2010 Deganga riots
    Is this because the "Evil" majority victim in this case, and actually deserved it? Where are the Human Rights activists?

sob and Zebra like this.