Gujaratis who praise Narendra Modi should leave city: Nitesh Rane

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by SLASH, Aug 2, 2013.

1. SLASH

SLASH Senior Member Senior Member

Gujaratis who praise Narendra Modi should leave city: Nitesh Rane

Congress leader Narayan Rane's son launches an attack on the community on Twitter.

Nitesh Rane, the younger son of Industries Minister Narayan Rane, has launched a scathing online attack on the Gujarati community in Mumbai - criticising them for praising Narendra Modi and mocking their choice of being vegetarians.

In a series of controversial tweets, Nitesh has asked "white-collar" Gujaratis in Mumbai who support the Gujarat chief minister to leave the city, so "Marathi manus can flourish" and "buy houses where there is no discrimination".

The 31-year-old leader of the youth group Swabhiman Sanghatana was referring to housing societies with mostly Gujaratispeaking residents that insist on renting out or selling homes to only vegetarians.

"Veg skies, Veg hospitals, Veg housing societies... soon Veg Mumbai! Either Gujjus go back to Gujarat or they turn Mumbai into Gujarat... Red alert!" reads a tweet he posted on Wednesday.

Nitesh's Twitter page, @niteshNRane, has been flooded with angry posts from Gujaratis, who comprise around 18 per cent of Mumbai's over 1.24 crore population.

Nitesh, however, is unfazed. In an interview with Mirroron Thursday, he defended his criticism of the community, even calling its members hypocrites for praising Gujarat's development model instead of acknowledging the progress in Mumbai and Maharashtra.

Why do you want the Gujarati community to leave Mumbai?

All I have been saying is that the Gujaratis living in Mumbai should know where they belong and where their loyalties lie. They live and earn their livelihood in this city, but praise Modi and Gujarat's development model. Such people should leave Mumbai and move to Gujarat.

The fact that they continue to live here is proof that they do not believe in Gujarat's development model. None of them want to go back; this hypocrisy must stop.

But do you see Mumbai without Gujaratis?

The Gujaratis settled here are white-collar workers: they hold important positions and businesses, and control the city to a great extent. If they leave, their positions can be easily taken up by locals and things will continue as they were. All the previous protests against outsiders were targeted at the poor north and south Indians, but never at Gujaratis.

What do you expect from the community?

They should stop being hypocrites. The community settles wherever there are business opportunities, and there is nothing wrong with that. They are in Mumbai because the city offers them lucrative options. It's time they figure out their loyalties and stop praising Gujarat and Modi. They should accept that Mumbai and Maharashtra are better off than Gujarat.

Why have you objected to their vegetarianism?

Many buildings have come up in the old parts of Mumbai such as Parel and Lalbaug. They are inhabited and controlled by wealthy Gujaratis. Even if I am willing to pay the top price for a flat there, I won't be allowed to make the purchase simply because I am a non-vegetarian. This is discrimination, and it must end. They cannot change the city as per their whims and fancies.

Your tweets have offended Gujaratis, some of whom are your friends.

I know that a section of the community, including my friends, is upset. Today (Thursday), I went to one such friend's house for lunch and he was a little angry. But I explained my views to him, and he now agrees with me.
    NITESH RANE'S ONLINE INSULTS

"Veg skies,Veg hospitals,Veg housing societies..soon Veg Mumbai! Either Gujjus go back to Gujarat or they turn Mumbai into Gujarat..Red alert!"

"With Marathi money.. take them back to Guj and ask them to earn there n show"

"Surprisingly white collar Guju community was nevr a target who cleverly kept mumbai's financial chords with them!Now Modi's Guj awaits them!"

"If we look back all the andolans done for Marathi youth have always been for jobs where max salary wud b 4K..."

"As Modi has developed Gujrat so much so just thinking about their bright future if they move back there"

"Apparently Modi saved 15k gujjs in 2 days..can he also divert his plane towards mumbai n pick sum gujjus from here too!"

"All Hoo Haa of gujjus on twitter! Itni teekhi laagi Meri baat..chalo Modi ko bulao aur jaga khaali karo humare Marathis ke liye mumbai mein"

"Modi shud take al th gujjus bck frm Mumbai including Big Bso Marathi manus can flourish n buy houses wher ther is no discrimination on food"

"if Gujrat is booming... why don't we see migration of Gujratis in Mumbai goin 2 Gujrat"

Gujaratis who praise Narendra Modi should leave city: Nitesh Rane - Mumbai Mirror

Mumbai would not be what it is today without the effort and hard work of all the migrants in the city. It is a migrant city for everyone except the Koli community. Do not worry. The way the present government is handling the state of affairs many businesses have already started shifting base from Maharashtra to Gujarat. 10 more years and you will have your dream come true.

Good luck with your party funds.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    parijataka and mikhail like this.
  3. kseeker

kseeker Retired

WTF ???

Nitesh Rane has gone nuts !!!

4. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

Shiv Sena should beat the sh*t out of this megalomaniac SOB!what does he think of himself!who is he to decide whom to support and vice versa.its because of these kinds of people that Congress is loosing its influence over the common people!

5. kseeker

kseeker Retired

I agree with #1. However, w.r.t. #2, do you still think Congress has any influence now over at least SANE people ?

6. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

i predicted this way back during 2006 mumbai train bombings and 2011 Zaveri Bazaar bombings that not only Gujjus of Mumbai are marked for Jihad violence revenge for so called 2002 glamorous riots not only by desi secular loving mujahideens and modules but one day even so called secular/minority parties will target and stigmatize them.............off course for secular vote bank politics......

7. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Or I would say, CONGRESS JIHAD against Modi/BJP !!!

8. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

Just Ignore him

sayareakd likes this.
  9. mikhail

what i meant to say is that even all those "secular" people who used to support the Congress a few years back are now turning their backs on congress because of the emergence of idiots like Nitish Rane as leaders!
    my personal view is that no sane people should support the congress due to what it did to our country in the past 66 years..but then again i am not a "secular" person after all!

parijataka and kseeker like this.
  10. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Thanks for the elucidation :) That sounds perfect.

+1

mikhail likes this.
  11. SLASH

The Gujarati and Marwari community are mostly traders, businessman or professionals (CA's, doctors, lawyers etc.). The proportion of white collar job being taken by Gujarati is not that skewed compared to Marathis. These Gujarati traders and businessmen in turn provide employment to lakhs of marathi people.

He says that Marathis' will replace the gujaratis' in white collar jobs? Is it that easy? You need to learn about how large corporations run instead of running your mouth. You will have to eat your words sooner than later.

12. mikhail

mate do you really think that the common people like you and me gives a hoot to what he says in the media!he is just a publicity hungry politician and nothing else..
    p.s.:-btw you asked me a few days back to provide you with information regarding entry in the C.A.P.F.so i searched the M.H.A. website and found out that the maximum age for appearing in any C.A.P.F. exam is limited to 27 years(unless you have a S.C./S.T. certificate).for a S.C./S.T. candidate the maximum age limitation is 32 years.so if you have already crossed that age limit then i will suggest you to sit for the Maharashtra Public Service Commission Examination as Maharashtra police sub-inspectors and inspectors are recruited through this exam.i am giving you some links below:-
    Maharashtra Public Service Commission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Maharashtra Public Service Commission
    Maharashtra Police Recruitment 2012 | Maharashtra Police Recruitment 2012 Latest Updated - Yaavu
    hope this satisfy your query.

13. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Very True.

You meant to say 'He' (Nitesh Rane aka SOB) when you said 'you', right ?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  14. SLASH

Yes, ofcourse. :lol:

15. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

This intolerance is confined to Bombay city and they have lost their bearing because of regional votebank politics!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  16. Shirman

Shirman Regular Member

A nice little story personal account i would like to add to Nitesh Rane's Gujarati Vegetarianism comment.............
    This was in Israel when i was visiting some of my Palestinian students from Ramallah they told me that during 92-93 when they were in kuwait G.C.C. they met many Indians who were pretty scared by Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi/Kashmiri (sub-continental Muslims) as they figured out that some thing really bad must have happened to them (backdrop of Babri Masjid demolition........)....I told them who were this Indians they were talking about.....they said the Gujarati/ Jain community who only eats Hummus and Falafels as all the other non vegetarian dishes are forbidden by their religion........Since they paid exorbitant amount of money during their time of Crisis the Palestinians not only cooked for them vegetarian meals but also promised to protect them from super angry Paki muslims mobs who were on vicious rampage to "protest" against Indian Hindus in Gulf ............I personally feel really sad when inter Cultural difference really take an ignorant route be it Nitesh Rane Shabana Azmi (when she took a pot shot at Guju/Hindu community unnecessarily with her Muslim do not get flats in Hindu Housing societies comments few years back) There are many Christian societies in Mumbai which are un questioned also Jain societies who are uber strict compared to Hindus...........

17. Ankit Purohit

Ankit Purohit Senior Member Senior Member

Yeah I remember that ,

Thank you

18. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

If Gujaratis leave then commerce in Bombay will collapse.

Like that each commercial community will be targeted in serial, lke the serial blasts.

And it will become another Bengal, which was the original commercial capital.

Good luck to Rane ke baccha and like minded Maharashtrians!

19. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I would love to see Guj Congi idiots' reaction regarding this. I won't be surprised if they bash Modi for this propaganda. Narayan Rane was with SS, so looks like Congress will distance itself from statement and will blame SS for this, meanwhile Dogvijay will support this statement and will hit out at Modi for creating Hypocrisy in Gujarati community.... :D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

20. aragorn

aragorn Senior Member Senior Member

Well, It a statement from a nobody who wants to make mark and want to start his political career. Every budding politician choose to criticize modi to catapult themselves into the political scene and get some news space in media along with some photoshoot.

21. iNDiAN.96

iNDiAN.96 Nationalist Senior Member

So he wants Ambani bros. to leave Mumbai?

WMD, VIP and parijataka like this.