Gujarat prefers BJP and Modi because Gujaratis are communal bigots

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by parijataka, Sep 21, 2012.

1. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Aakar Patel on why Gujarat does not vote `secular` Congress. Please do read the reader comments also.

Why Gujarat prefers the BJP and Modi

Aakar Patel is a writer and a columnist.

EDIT :
    Aakar Patel gives a backhanded compliment to Hindutva when he says Harijans and tribals prefer BJP because it is inclusive.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  3. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

I don't think that is a fair assessment.

After years of total neglect, corruption and mismanagement, if even a ray of improvement in the life happens, the hapless people feel as if a manna has come from Heaven.

That has happened in Gujarat, and even in Bihar and Odisha.

It is interesting but some of my troops from Gujarat who were either tribal or SCs seem to find Modi a great chap, much to my surprise!

4. arya

arya Senior Member Senior Member

just want to tell you Muslim are very large numbers in world as compare to hindus .

and yes we are living in hindustan but we are equally for every one , but you cant say these line for any Muslim majority nation

gujrat or any state want development but congress just giving politics not the result

Vikramaditya likes this.
  5. Bangalorean

Bangalorean Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

LOL - not a single comment agrees with the author!

6. KS

KS Bye bye DFI Veteran Member

My heartfelt respect to Gujjus. Your terrible wrongdoing of putting sugar in sambhar is henceforth forgiven.

Only in Gujarat ?? :rolleyes:

Neil, parijataka, arya and 1 other person like this.
  7. KS

A top rated comment - incidentally by another Patel :

Another funny one :

Dovah likes this.
  8. Iamanidiot

Iamanidiot Elite Member Elite Member

The whole of North India, west India, and Karnataka have the gujju strain of thought latently in them.

KS likes this.
  9. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

I think that this comment in the paper reflects the best response

Just saw Karthik aka KS beat me to it.

10. A chauhan

A chauhan "अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l" Senior Member

Then the rest of the India are politically correct idiots :p Don't mind but Aakar Patel has Niraakar brain :p don't read him too much!

11. ashdoc

ashdoc Senior Member Senior Member

if what the author says is true then gujaratis are truely the core of the nation . :thumb:

i think the hate gujaratis have for muslims is due to the nonveg habits of muslims compared to absolute vegetarianism of gujaratis .

after all modi himself has gone on record to say that '' maas khane waalo ka vyvahar maas na khane waalo se alag rahtaa hai '' ( behaviour of nonveggies is different from vegetarians ) .

12. parijataka

parijataka Senior Member Senior Member

Congress party should stop thinking in terms of caste and religion and start thinking about doing some real work on the ground. Congress will not win votes just by dimpled prince charming sleeping in a poor woman's hut for one night or travelling in a metro train to show his empathy with the commoners.

As for the Congress Chief Ministers many/most of them were deeply corrupt(one of whom was nicknamed `chiman chor` by Gujaratis!). Why should Gujaratis reject Modi, who has been extolled by even the US Ambassador as per wikileaks as `incorruptible`. The last Congress Chief Minister of Gujarat ended his term in 1995, kudos to Gujarat for keeping their state Congress-free... :)

Narendra Modi is not an empty mask like Rahul or Sonia or even Priyanka but has done solid work and the data for Gujarat's excellent performance is there as per central govt agencies as well.

13. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

If so all indians are communal to elect congress and same applies to Assam,Maharashtra and kashmir but bigots and pogroms are not good words and it shows when a fox doest reach grapes say grape is sour

14. sob

sob Moderator Moderator

Just google the number of riots in Gujarat during the Congress ruled period of 80s, and then you will find the reason for the Gujarati angst.

Zebra and aragorn like this.
  15. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

Why should the Gujarati's not vote for Modi?!!! I have been here for last about 2 years and that too in a small town - albeit an industrial town. But frankly the level of lifestyle of the people live here is so high, that for a Bong like me who have witnessed utter mismanagement since his birth 30 years ago, is a wonder! The roads in gujarat is a heaven for a driver.

btw, yesterday was a bandh day and called by BJP too. But I just haven't seen anything resembling what I'd have perhaps found in WB!!!!

Afterall, in Gujarat I'd not have to live in fear of being persecuted because of my religion at least... :p

16. arkem8

arkem8 Regular Member

A urbane and sophisticated leftist Upper Caste rant against a dirty swadeshi OBC refusing to be "put in his place".....

How typical!

17. jackprince

jackprince Turning into a frog Senior Member

offtopic:

Then you need to taste Sambhar prepared in a place from Vadodara to the bordeer of Maharastra. Bfore I came here, i also had the misconception that Gujarati's love sweet in their curries. Well, it was a shocker when I first tasted and a chilli chewing bengali's limit of tolerance for "Tikha" was tasted and I barely passed. I still remember when at first I shared my home cooked food with my colleagues, which was very spicy in my standard. they said - " why sir, you bengalis eat so little spice?!!!"

18. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Communal and caste based politics is the bane of India.

It has been ingrained in our psyche by the political philanderers.

I, personally, can't make out whose religion is what, unless he/ she tell me his or her name.

But does that make the person any more likeable or dislikeable?

For instance, I am a great fan of Shazia Ilmi, amongst all TV commentators. I find her pleasant, articulate, polite, demur, to the point, and can be cutting without raising her voice. Great Qualities. And she is a Muslim! Should I dislike her?

I find Mani Shankar Aiyer and Chidambaram odious, the former being very crude. I believe they are Hindus! Does that mean I should like them?

I do not subscribe to the Communist line or this fraud perpetuated by the politicians calling crass communal pandering as being secular.

Secular, as far as I am concerned, means keep religion in your heart and approach life and work without wearing your religion on your sleeve or flaunting it as a badge of honour. Let that honour be within you so that you glow with happiness emitting positive vibes to make the world around you happy and flourishing.

In work or life, be satisfied that you are nothing but a human without your various tags fluttering around your self like an ionic aura, which if disturbed, would create great imbalance to your existential being!

God, or the Creator or the Supernatural Energy is self existent and requires no help.

Religion is a cloak draped by men to usurp God and claim sole proprietary patent to His Being!

God is not man made. Religion is man made.

Nothing made by man is 100% efficient!

spikey360, Patriot and blank_quest like this.
  19. KS

Dude for my training I was there for a month in Ahd/Gandhi Nagar and everything had sweet in it. And for a Tamilian who was brought up on a steady diet off spicy foods that was like hell. Hence the post. But since it is all forgiven now, all is well :heh:

20. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

People eat a lot of "Fried Mirchi" everyday here. Sambhar is same as daal(a gujju mentality) and our daal has a part of sweet taste so people add sugar,jaggary in daal/sambhar. While not every item is sweet as you mentioned people love spicy food here a lot.

21. VIP

VIP Ultra Nationalist Senior Member

I would love to be a Communal instead of a Congressi....That's it.

spikey360 likes this.